ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-19-2021 @ 12:39 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Be Safe when shopping this holiday season

Parking Lot Smart:
    We've all heard about "street smart," maybe we need to also be "parking lot smart" Remember these during our shorter, darker days! Please take the time to read this. I know you are smart enough to know these pointers but there will be some, where you will go "hmm, I must remember that."

After reading this, forward it to someone you care about. It never hurts to be careful in this crazy world we live in.

1. Tip from Tae Kwon Do: The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!

2. Learned this from a tourist guide in New Orleans. If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you....chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for! the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!

3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won't see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives

4. Some people have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc. DON'T DO THIS!) The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in ! on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.

5. A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage:
    A.) Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor, and in the back seat.
    B) If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.
    C.) Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle, and the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)

6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. (Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot).

7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his con! trol, ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; And even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN!

8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP. It may get you raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked "for help" into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.

9. Another Safety Point: Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because it was late and she thought it was weird. The police told her "Whatever you do, DO NOT open the door." The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window,
    and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over. The policeman said, "We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, DO NOT open the door." He told her that they think a ser! ial killer has a baby's cry recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someone dropped off a baby. He said they have not verified it, but have had several calls by women saying that they hear baby's cries outside their doors when they're home alone at night.

Please pass this on and DO NOT open the door for a crying baby.----This should probably be taken seriously because the Crying Baby theory was mentioned on America's Most Wanted this past Saturday when they profiled the serial killer in Louisiana.

I'd like you to forward this to all the women you know. It may save a life. A candle is not dimmed by lighting another candle. I was going to send this to the ladies only, but guys, if you love your mothers, wives, sisters, daughters, etc., you may want to pass it onto them, as well.

Send this to any woman you know that may need to be reminded that the world we live in has a lot of crazies in it and it's better to be safe than sorry.?

Shannon LaForge
    Courtroom Deputy to Judge Robert Junell
    U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    05-26-2015 @ 05:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Thanks for posting that.........most of that is common sense, but when we are on the go, we arent thinking clearly sometimes. I have a wife and three kids, and the things people are willing to do scares the shit outta me. Recording a babys cry to lure women out? Jesus Christ, I hope that fucker "accidentally" gets his dick caught in a meat grinder!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-17-2023 @ 02:26 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Nice post Dg! Very useful tips at a time when everyone could use a little reminder.
    I'd give ya another 5 star for that one if I could...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

I wonder sometimes if the fear of crime is worse than the crime rates themselves.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:21 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,615 Posts

the kicking out the taillights thing is BS.

Gulf Coaster
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2010 @ 04:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Just buy a gun and be ready to blast a knee cap or two.

And i agree with the tail light bullshit. In most cars today, there is a steel plate between the lenses and the trunk, so your fucked if you get thrown into a trunk.
    That is of course unless the abductor forgot to disable the emergency latch.

Irresistible BITCH
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-20-2023 @ 06:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Thanks for posting the tips, DG! I'm guilty of #4 the most! I'm forever doodling and reading and other shit in my car after shopping (or work!)

Sesh, you're right, too. Detroit gets a bad rap as being some sort of 'Dodge City' (not the cars, y'all. The cowboy shoot 'em up city), yet I've never had any problems. You have to know your environment and which areas to avoid.

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-17-2021 @ 08:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Switch84
    Thanks for posting the tips, DG! I'm guilty of #4 the most! I'm forever doodling and reading and other shit in my car after shopping (or work!)

Sesh, you're right, too. Detroit gets a bad rap as being some sort of 'Dodge City' (not the cars, y'all. The cowboy shoot 'em up city), yet I've never had any problems. You have to know your environment and which areas to avoid.
    Stay in the downtown area at all times and travel in gangs of 10. Thats my tip for surviving there. Although crimes involving a suspect who is a total stranger have a very low rate.

Thread Information