SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:36 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,580 Times in 3,459 Posts

More Meltdown Confirmation

A blogger posted this. If this has already been posted, lock it up.

Eddie Van Halen Loses It
    If you're one of my nine regular readers, you know I'm a real Van Halen fan. Have been since I was but a lad, listening to Diver Down on my walkman while I delivering news papers on my paper route. I was lucky enough to see them on the tour that just wrapped up in Arizona this past Friday the 19th. At that final show, Ed lost it. It pains me so much to say this about my boyhood hero, but Ed's a train wreck. A walking train wreck.

I've been reading reviews and looking at pictures from all the shows of the tour over at VH Links, and this morning I found this very disturbing and upsetting post about the final show in Tuscon. From the post (lots of swearing, sorry, it's a direct copy and paste):

"Hey Everyone,

Just got back to the hotel & I have one word for this band & EVH: OVER

My heart is broken, in as many pieces as EVH broke 2 guitars on stage in disgust. I cannot even begin to explain how disgusted I am right now, except for Soundcheck, Sammy, Mike & Alex. Please understand that I have followed =VH= as my favorite band w/ Dave & Sam. Tonight, Sam, Mike & Alex out-fucking-classed EVH [Eddie Van Halen].

The man broke his 1st guitar & subsequently told the crowd, fucked out of his mind, that this is it, it's over-pointed to Sammy & Mike & Said, There's the King.

Everything seemed to be cool until [the song "Up For Breakfast"], in which Sammy made a comment, "Some of us were UFB." Probably in reference to EVH holding soundcheck up for almost 2 hours-Mike & Alex were so fucking embarrased. Mike stayed & signed tons of stuff & was so cool to us all. Now I wouldn't think much of that if this hadn't been my 37th show, 5 this year.

EVH was LIVID. I don't know if it was that comment that set him off, or if it was B/C [his ex wife Valerie Bertinelli] was there or he was incredibly drunk. All I know is that I saw my hero tonight put on a great performance, but after his solo, something snapped:

He broke 2 guitars on stage in pure fury. One almost went into the crowd & could of really hurt someone. He then destroyed the second one, which almost hit Sammy, who was just like, What the FUCK? Mike & Alex too. You could see their faces as Eddie made comment after comment: "This is it. It's over. Never again."

Pointed @ Sam & Mike & said, "There's the king." Made another comment before he broke his beautiful guitar, which sounded blissful all night, that he was in a bad mood and, ". . throw something @ me if you don't like what I am playin'." I loved his solo for the 5th time & was very moved when [Eddie's son] Wolfgang came on stage. They played together beautifully before Eddie absolutely lost it. I am not kidding you all-he totally lost it on stage.

Not only did he insult the crowd by making us feel very uncomfortable by his antics, he made an absolute fool of himself & this will be the turning point for EVH: He will either seek help or he will be dead. It kills me to say that, as I have loved the man since I put Women & Children 1st in my 8-track for the 1st time.

He was so cool during soundcheck, but before the 1st encore, he went insane.

Sammy, Mike & Al were absolute professionals, as they came back out & did everything they could to salvage a disgusting night. This after Ed broke his 1st guitar in an absolute rage. He made no friendly gestures to Sammy, as Sammy tried several times to get him out of the state he was in. It only pissed him off more.

I am going to conclude now, as this will be my last post-I am that disgusted. Thank God for Sammy, Mike & Alex-They were so fun tonight, before Eddie had his melt-down:

* Getting furious that Sam's wife came out & sprayed him w/ Ready Whip*-He would not continue the show while he shaked his head like a fucking 2 year old & made us all wait while the crew busted their ass to clean up a few spots. More harmful was his guitar & its cord. He tripped on it 1nce-Sammy tried to help him up & Ed just looked @ him like Fuck you.

* Valerie came out & hugged/kissed Wolfie, who I felt very sorry for-He was playin' w/ Sammy's son all night-I had front row, EVH side-I saw everything.

ONE more thing before I go & pray for this man: He almost hit Sammy w/ the 2nd guitar he broke & Sammy looked like he was going to kill him."

Now, couple that with this radio interview Sammy gave last month.

Looks like it's over as quickly as it began, folks. When Dave left, I told myself, "Well, Dave's an ass. Good riddance to him." When Sam got booted, I said, "Hmm, odd that two singers would get kicked out, but I guess Ed knows what he's doing." When Gary got the boot I blamed that God awful album they created. But now I finally see the truth: Ed is just a complete ass. What a jerk. It's sad, as I love Ed and the band, but c'mon. That's just pitiful.

*The final night of a VH tour is historically "prank night."

November 21, 2004 in Music | Permalink

TrackBack
    TrackBack URL for this entry:

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Eddie Van Halen Loses It:

You know this seems familiar--deja vu?
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 11-23-2004 at 09:13 PM.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:36 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,580 Times in 3,459 Posts

Euruption played on a violin!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2014 @ 09:03 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Locking at your request.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Thread Information