X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaveIsKing
    Veteran
    • Mar 2004

Dio- "Dave is the man, not Sammy"

Just watching "Least Metal Moments" on VH1.

Dave is mentioned several times as being a "true rocker". Every metal head salutes Dave. He is God.

Ronnie James Dio, metal master of Dio, Rainbow and Black Sabbath, saluted David Lee Roth as "the man" on this VH1 program here. It was a little thing dealing with Cherone/VH disaster. And Dio and several others dissed Cherone and then Dio turned around said the Dave will always be the man, not Sammy.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

EVERY FUCKING BODY RECOGNIZES DAVE IS VH EXCEPT VH AND SPAMMY!
    PROPERTY OF DaveIsKing©

YOUR GIRLFRIEND = OWNED
  • Dan
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Long Live David Lee Roth and The Army.
    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Panamark
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Onya DIO !!
      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Switch84
        Veteran
        • Feb 2004

copping a Matt quote

DAVID LEE ROTH ARMY....Where the weak are killed and EATEN!

We've ALWAYS known the truth about the Toastmaster General; it's the rest of the world that's fuckin' slow!
        "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
        Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• Halen High
          Commando
          • Jul 2004

I can't recall ever hearing one of Van Halen's peers stating that they preferred the Van Hagar era to Classic Van Halen, or Sammy was the man, not Dave.

NEVER!

It's always the Roth era that's cited as easily the best, or the influence on their career. The fact that Van Halen's fellow musicians don't rate the Van Hagar years is something the sheep like to conveniently over look.
          Last edited by Halen High; 11-28-2004, 05:41 AM.

Comment

• Halen High
            Commando
            • Jul 2004

Hey Switch84

That's a fucking cool shot of Diamond!

David Lee Roth is the very definition of the term 'ROCK GOD'.

Comment

• Switch84
              Veteran
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Halen High
              Hey Switch84

That's a fucking cool shot of Diamond!

David Lee Roth is the very definition of the term 'ROCK GOD'.

I love that pic of him! I'm glad you enjoyed it, Halen High! And your description of him fits to a tee! (Let's not forget he's one SEXY MOTHERFUCKER for us Roth Grrls!)
              "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
              Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• DaveIsKing
                Veteran
                • Mar 2004

ALL THE ROCK N' ROLLERS THEMSELVES AGREE:

David Lee Roth IS Van Halen
                PROPERTY OF DaveIsKing©

YOUR GIRLFRIEND = OWNED

Comment

• RogueHorseman
                  Commando
                  • Apr 2004

Who's Sammy Hagar?
                  <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• Sarge's Little Helper
                    Commando
                    • Mar 2003

Who's Sammy Hagar?
                    David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..
                    "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Comment

• JBall008
                      Full On Cocktard
                      • Jan 2004

That whole show was awesome! I especially liked Zakk's comments about Poop Daddy conning Pagey to play on that Godzilla track. Funny as hell!

Comment

• RogueHorseman
                        Commando
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Halen High
                        The fact that Van Halen's fellow musicians don't rate the Van Hagar years is something the sheep like to conveniently over look.
                        Well, from the rear the view never changes...
                        <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• Rikk
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Even Jerry Cantrell said, "Well, Sammy's a friend of mine. But I still gotta say Dave. Sorry Sam."
                          Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                          Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                            Even Jerry Cantrell said, "Well, Sammy's a friend of mine. But I still gotta say Dave. Sorry Sam."
                            He sure did.

I raised my glass with every Dave reference during that show.

Comment

• MAX
                              Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

That's the difference though regarding Dio cos he RESPECTED Ozzy's legacy with Sabbath whereas Fatboy was jealous of Roth's. I know that they are two entirely different entities but still, that is why the Sabbath community doesn't loathe Dio.

Back to jealousy for a second. Remember how Alexia has always spouted (Well, since 1986) that Warner Brothers originally wanted Hagar to front the band in 1978 and he expects everyone to believe it? LMAO!!!! Yet, the world fucking KNOWS how VH changed the face of Rock and Roll with their '78 debut!!!!

Exhibit A:

May I present you The Chedd Rocker circa 1978........

*cough* *cough* Yeah, we believe you Al.

vs.

The Toastmaster General, same year circa 1978!!!!!!!!

MUHUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave or the Grave!!!!!!
                              EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

Working...