Rolling Stone Mag's Top 500 Songs: Van Halen didn't make the list!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YAWN

Shit, man, RS is even more fucked up than Blender, but at least fuckin' Blender's all up on CVH's nuts...

Comment

• Lou

Hmm, I wonder what's better, "Smells Like Teen Spirit" or "Stairway to Heaven." I suppose Nirvana is better!

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

I actually read some of that at the fucking store, and just about laughed my ass off. Not surprising at all coming from these washed up hacks.........Like a Rolling Stone at # 1?! Gee, what a coincidence!

Comment

• Jesus Christ
          Veteran
          • Jan 2004

Verily. this is blasphemy

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Rolling Stone never ONCE put Van Halen on the cover of their magazine. What does that tell you?

And before some dumbassed fucking sheep tries to correct me, I said Van Halen.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Switch84
              Veteran
              • Feb 2004

:confused: Go figure! They put Davy Baby on the cover near the time he quit the group!
              "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
              Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• Switch84
                Veteran
                • Feb 2004

Here's the full cover dated Apr. '85 after he left Van Halen! I found it at the rag's website under Davy Baby's bio.
                "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
                Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• Vivian Campbell
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Oct 2004

The longest amount of time I’ve time spent looking at an issue of Rolling Stone is in that brief moment between using it to wipe my ass and flushing it down the toilet.

Putting Nirvana in the top ten of any list is a knee jerk reaction now-a-days. They can never give you a REAL reason for doing it. It’s just a way to appease the Seattle crowd and their clones. Their contribution to Rock was destroying the technique, creativity, and energy that put the genre above hip hop, disco, etc.
                  The Fat Lady is singing for Van Hagar.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attac...&postid=392002

Comment

• Switch84
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2004

Charity or not, I'm regretting getting this subscription ALREADY! I have to receive this shit for an entire YEAR (including the 'special editions'.)

FUCK!
                    Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• RogueHorseman
                      Commando
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Switch84
                      Charity or not, I'm regretting getting this subscription ALREADY! I have to receive this shit for an entire YEAR (including the 'special editions'.)

FUCK!
                      I do remember that cover...

Don't worry Switch, they send it to me for free and have for years. I rarely even open the thing up... Straight to the recycle heap along with the comp issues of Star I've begged them to stop sending.

I barely have any time to read the stuff I do willingly subscribe to.

I'm told it works great as bird cage liner though, so there is another thought...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• Halen High
                        Commando
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Figs
                        link

Dancin' in the Streets and You really Got Me are on the list. Oh, original versions. There aren't a lot of hard rock songs on it. I like Nirvana a lot, but Teen Spirit is probably the only song that should be on a list like this.

I can't believe they didn't a least put Jump on the list, the song that is both their biggest hit and worst Roth-era song(IMO).
                        Jump is one of the all-time great rock songs and had to be on that list!

Comment

• Switch84
                          Veteran
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by RogueHorseman
                          I do remember that cover...

Don't worry Switch, they send it to me for free and have for years. I rarely even open the thing up... Straight to the recycle heap along with the comp issues of Star I've begged them to stop sending.

I barely have any time to read the stuff I do willingly subscribe to.

I'm told it works great as bird cage liner though, so there is another thought...

Hahahahaa!! Maybe I'll get a puppy and let him shit on it while I house train it? Sounds good to me!
                          Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• TwoFoolsAMinute
                            Sniper
                            • Apr 2004

FREE BIRD # 191?

I demand a manual recount

Comment

• Figs
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by TwoFoolsAMinute
                              FREE BIRD # 191?

They probably downgrade any band that they feel fits into the redneck category.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by TwoFoolsAMinute
                                FREE BIRD # 191?

I'm sure the White Stripes will have the entire top Five to themselves by next year.

Comment

Working...