Rolling Stone Mag's Top 500 Songs: Van Halen didn't make the list!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tjvhou812
    Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

vh should have at least 10 songs, in the top 10
    Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• degüello
      Sniper
      • Mar 2004

The first time RS decided to put "Van Halen" on the cover:

"What we've been doing, which is great and certainly cost saving, is I train in the sand pit in McDonald's. I do a few laps. I go through the tunnel a few times. The kids don't mind if I smoke. Plus, when I'm done, lunch is right there."- DLR 2003

Comment

• degüello
        Sniper
        • Mar 2004

This is so fucking goofy:

"What we've been doing, which is great and certainly cost saving, is I train in the sand pit in McDonald's. I do a few laps. I go through the tunnel a few times. The kids don't mind if I smoke. Plus, when I'm done, lunch is right there."- DLR 2003

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

What in the fuck is up with Eddie's eyes in that pic? Did he just get back from Dune? Also, I mean, come on Alex you know you want to place your hand on your brother's stinking, unwashed nuts. What's that? He hasn't got any? Right, silly me.

Comment

• degüello
            Sniper
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
            What in the fuck is up with Eddie's eyes in that pic? Did he just get back from Dune?...

If you look closely, all their eyes are "monster" eyes... as in "Monsters of Rock." Cool, eh?

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

That's fucking reTARDed.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I also keep old copies of Rolling Stone and a staple remover around in case I run out of these:

Comment

• davegian

Remember, this is the same fucking magazine that said Eddie was the 76th best guitar player ever, and Jack White was in the top twenty, while Slash didn't even make the top 100. . .go figure

David Fricke is a dick. In his attempts to get noticed by bumming the White Stripes and making controversial lists, he is shitting all over any credibility he might have ever had.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by davegian
                    Remember, this is the same fucking magazine that said Eddie was the 76th best guitar player ever, and Jack White was in the top twenty, while Slash didn't even make the top 100. . .go figure

David Fricke is a dick. In his attempts to get noticed by bumming the White Stripes and making controversial lists, he is shitting all over any credibility he might have ever had.
                    Well put! Your first five stars. An article in the Buffalo News about RS "Lists" basically stated the same thing!

Comment

• davegian

Fuckin' Right! Thanks man!

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

David Fricke jerks off and sells dime bags of heroin to Arab familes.

Comment

• Unchainme
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by degüello
                          I had the original RS reviews of the Mighty Six posted over at ddlr.com, pre-crash. They tore those fuckin' albums apart. Nothing good to say whatsoever, as I recall.

But they loved 5150.
                          BUMP...If anyone has these..Post 'em...Rolling Stone is such a pathetic magazine now, the whole time they blow either Rap or lame Indie Rock Bands..its gone down the shitter..
                          Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Redballjets88
                            Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

rolling stone hates van halen for no reason. They did a "tournemnt" to crown the best rock band and Van Halen wasn't even on the list while the talking heads were 3rd over all
                            R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• DLRdelight!
                              Veteran
                              • Jul 2004

fuck rolling stones magz they have always hated on vh. maybe its because evh brought up guitar world and not them. fuck them!

Comment

• DeadMan1984
                                Roadie
                                • Jun 2004

Agreed on all accounts. BTW stop bumping old topics. Kthxbi.
                                DSG

http://www.wfmu.org/Playlists/Scott/van%20halen.jpg

Comment

Working...