Last Online
    02-09-2013 @ 06:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Russia's Putin Calls U.S. Policy 'Dictatorial'

Fri Dec 3,12:03 PM ET

By Douglas Busvine

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin (news - web sites) accused the United States on Friday of pursuing a dictatorial foreign policy and said mounting violence could derail progress toward bringing peace and democracy to Iraq (news - web sites).

Putin also criticized the West for setting double-standards on terrorism, pursuing Islamic fundamentalists in Afghanistan (news - web sites) and Iraq while giving refuge to "terrorists" demanding Chechnya (news - web sites)'s independence from Russia.

The Kremlin leader's tough remarks came on a visit to former Cold War ally India, where he and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh issued a joint call for greater cooperation in stabilizing and rebuilding Iraq.

Unilateralism increased risks that weapons of mass destruction might fall into the hands of terrorists, and would stoke regional conflicts, Putin said in a hard-hitting speech to an invited audience.

"Even if dictatorship is packaged in beautiful pseudo-democratic phraseology, it will not be able to solve systemic problems," Putin said. "It may even make them worse."

Putin did not name the United States, but clearly had the administration of President Bush (news - web sites) in mind when he said policies "based on the barrack-room principles of a unipolar world appear to be extremely dangerous."

Russia was a vocal opponent of the U.S.-led war to oust Saddam Hussein (news - web sites), but has since joined efforts to rebuild Iraq's war-hit infrastructure. Moscow's assent was key to a recent Paris Club deal to write off most of Iraq's foreign debts.

MOUNTING VIOLENCE

Putin said he was worried by mounting violence and loss of life linked to operations by U.S.-led coalition forces in Iraq, and said these may disrupt plans to hold elections now scheduled for Jan. 30, 2005.

Again the Russian leader was not specific, but he appeared to be referring to the U.S. operation to crush die-hard insurgents in the Iraqi city of Falluja.

"This may put a question mark over holding of fair and democratic elections in Iraq early next year," he said.

Putin's speech echoed comments he made earlier to an Indian newspaper in which he said the war had turned Iraq into a breeding ground for terrorists.

"As had been the case with Afghanistan, Iraq turned into a major hotbed of a terrorist threat, a firing ground and incubator for militants," he told the Hindu newspaper.

He rounded on Britain for giving asylum to Akhmed Zakayev and the United States for giving refuge to Ilyas Akhmadov, spokesmen for Chechen separatist leader Aslan Maskhadov.

"Providing safe haven and support to terrorists, their accomplices and sponsors actually serves as a justification and, indeed, an encouragement of their crimes," Putin said.

Both men deny being terrorists. Maskhadov, regarded in the West as a moderate, led Chechnya to brief de facto independence during the 1990s before Putin ordered Russian troops to retake the turbulent North Caucasus province.

Putin, who backed India's bid for a United Nations (news - web sites) Security Council seat, said he had found in India a strong ally against terrorism.

"Terrorists benefit from the conflict of civilizations and religions," he told the hand-picked New Delhi audience. "Let it be known that our multi-confessional and multi-ethnic states will not be broken up."
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:34 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

Pooty poot is correct, and the countdown to Ezekiel 38 is officially ON.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

The Last in Line
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    04-10-2005 @ 02:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks

So says the former KGB officer.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,580 Times in 3,459 Posts

Fuck that hypocritical prick! He's thumping his chest about new. "state of the art" ICBM's while his nations kids get massacred in their schools. And some of the things that have happened in Chechnya on this guy's watch are abominable!

The Last in Line
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    04-10-2005 @ 02:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    Fuck that hypocritical prick! He's thumping his chest about new. "state of the art" ICBM's while his nations kids get massacred in their schools. And some of the things that have happened in Chechnya on this guy's watch are abominable!
    I'm still waiting for him to avenge the blood of those children.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Vivian Campbell
    He' too busy fixing Ukrainian elections and using political dirty tricks against his enemies (like the billionaire founder of Yukos oil that dared ponder a run for president and was soon jailed there-after for "tax evasion")

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,399 Times in 6,055 Posts

Originally posted by Vivian Campbell
    He had already wiped out 10% of the population of Chechnya before that atrocity happened just because they wanted their freedom.

I guess he's running out of people to kill.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It's like 9-11. 20 Arabs kill a few thousand Americans and die doing it so lets kill 100 000 arabs.

McVeigh was from Pendleton Oregan. I don't understand why that place hasn't been bombed yet...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Seshmeister

McVeigh was from Pendleton Oregan. I don't understand why that place hasn't been bombed yet...
    Now wait a minute Sesh!

this is the BCE we're talking about. They don't hit the guilty countries, they hit the neighbors of the guilty countries. And the neighbors of Oregon would be.... well, you can see where I'm going with this

Besides, it's hard to say exactly where Mc Veigh was "from". I've heard upstate New York, Kingman Arizona (not surprising there, really), and of course, he was in the Michigan Militia, and his accomplice Terry Nichols was a Michigan resident. So Junior would have to bomb half the country in that case.

Yeah, I know... don't give the moronic chimp any ideas.....

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by FORD
    [BBesides, it's hard to say exactly where Mc Veigh was "from". I've heard upstate New York, Kingman Arizona (not surprising there, really), and of course, he was in the Michigan Militia, and his accomplice Terry Nichols was a Michigan resident. [/B]
    To be fair with Von and Conmee living in Detroit bombing it could make the world a safer place...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It's like 9-11. 20 Arabs kill a few thousand Americans and die doing it so lets kill 100 000 arabs.

Nope! He was from Pendleton, NY. Near Niagara Falls and Buffalo, NY. He's on our wall of shame like O.J. Simpson (1996 was a very bad year here).

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Oops sorry my geography let me down there.

Let's bomb Buffalo...

Actually let's bomb Syracuse. I went there and it was a pretty scary place to get lost in a hire car at 1am in without a hotel booked...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Oops sorry my geography let me down there.

Let's bomb Buffalo...

Actually let's bomb Syracuse. I went there and it was a pretty scary place to get lost in a hire car at 1am in without a hotel booked...
    Yes it is! But with the Administration's targeting skills, the bombs would be landing in California.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

He' too busy fixing Ukrainian elections and using political dirty tricks against his enemies (like the billionaire founder of Yukos oil that dared ponder a run for president and was soon jailed there-after for "tax evasion")
    I was right, it is YUKOS oil. For more information on how Vlad the Impaler is subverting Russian democracy regarding Lukos Oil, click here.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ukraine a Slap in Putin's Face

Court orders rerun vote in Ukraine
    By VLADIMIR ISACHENKOV
    Associated Press
    12/4/2004

KIEV, Ukraine - The Supreme Court ordered a rerun of the head-to-head presidential contest between Western-leaning Viktor Yushchenko and the Kremlin-backed candidate on Dec. 26, setting off rejoicing Friday by the opposition leader's supporters who waved orange flags and ignited fireworks.
    The court found that the government had "illegally meddled in the election process" and distorted the results of the Nov. 21 runoff between Yushchenko and Prime Minister Viktor Yanukovych.

The bold ruling was a rebuke to outgoing President Leonid Kuchma and Russian President Vladimir Putin, both of whom backed Yanukovych.

Hundreds of thousands of Yushchenko followers celebrated in the capital, chanting his name, wearing orange headbands that said "YES!" and waving orange balloons. The crowds were the largest in the 12 days since protesters set up their tent camp in Independence Square.

In pro-Moscow eastern Ukraine, Yanukovych supporters expressed anger at the decision. "We have a president - Viktor Yanukovych," said Konstantin Sadalsky, shaking his fist at a TV screen in an Internet cafe in Donetsk.

Kuchma had initially supported Yanukovych and later - under pressure from the throngs in Kiev and international monitors who called the vote fraudulent - pushed for a completely new election. Critics said he hoped to field a new candidate more popular than Yanukovych.

The Supreme Court decision also was a slap at Putin, who appeared with Yanukovych during the campaign, congratulated Yanukovych on winning and on Thursday backed Kuchma's call for an entirely new vote.

The two-week standoff since the Central Election Commission declared Yanukovych the winner of the runoff led to the lowest point in Russia's relations with the West since the 1999 NATO bombing of Serbia.

The decision by the 21 justices - and a possible Yushchenko victory in the Dec. 26 revote - could drag this former Soviet republic out of Moscow's orbit and generate pressure for greater democracy in Russia.

Ukraine's Parliament planned a marathon session this weekend to pass an election law for the Dec. 26 vote in hopes of preventing the kind of fraud that marred the first runoff. Lawmakers also were expected to consider the opposition's demands to replace the 15-member election commission.

"We have proven that we are a nation that could defend our choice," Yushchenko told supporters in Independence Square. "Justice and freedom are coming back to Ukraine thanks to you, real heroes."

Yushchenko's appeal to the court had cited evidence of rampant fraud in eastern regions near the Russian border, where Yanukovych got most of his votes. Among other irregularities, the court found that voter rolls were tampered with and people voted more than once.

Yanukovych's representative, Stepan Havrysh, said the verdict was a "political decision" that wasn't backed by evidence.

White House spokesman Scott McClellan called the ruling "an important step in moving toward a peaceful, democratic resolution that reflects the will of the people."

Putin, who has been angered by Western denunciations of the election, delivered what appeared to be a stinging criticism of Washington on Friday for seeking a "dictatorship of international affairs," though he did not specifically mention the United States.

"Even if dictatorship is wrapped up in a beautiful package of pseudo-democratic phraseology, it will not be in a position to solve systemic problems," he said in a speech in India.

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yes it is! But with the Administration's targeting skills, the bombs would be landing in California.
    Administration?

the FUCKEN wetback
    Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    12-14-2004 @ 04:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE!!! What the fuck is this political shit...you fucken hippie!!! I though this was a van halen musick site you fucken retard...go to CNN or www.whoGIVESaSHIT.com/.org fuckface to paste this fucken bullshit. Out of all the cool shit in the world, you have to post some stupid ass world news shit. What a fucken nerd. I don't go to a kick ass van halen site to read news about some world bullshit. If i want to read the fucken news, i'll watch the news not get it from some stupid ass hippie!!!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by cycocyco
    WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE!!! What the fuck is this political shit...you fucken hippie!!! I though this was a van halen musick site you fucken retard...go to CNN or www.whoGIVESaSHIT.com/.org fuckface to paste this fucken bullshit. Out of all the cool shit in the world, you have to post some stupid ass world news shit. What a fucken nerd. I don't go to a kick ass van halen site to read news about some world bullshit. If i want to read the fucken news, i'll watch the news not get it from some stupid ass hippie!!!
    The Frontline is the political board of this Roth site set up after 9/11. If you don't like this forum than go over to the "Main VH/DLR" page to get what you want, and please refrain from commenting until you have been on this site for a little while. Kay?!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ladies and Gentleman may I present

The average American voter....

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

and please refrain from commenting until you have been on this site for a little while. Kay?!
    Absolutely, positively not a requirement. Post away, dude. Post in the correct forum, though.
    Last edited by BigBadBrian; 12-07-2004 at 08:16 AM.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ladies and Gentleman may I present

The average American voter....
    See this thread.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

1) This IS a political forum

2) It's hard to take someone serious who can't even spell "music", "fuckin" or "psycho" correctly.

3) I have yet to meet a "hippie" who is as "stupid assed" as yourself.

4) If you must be a troll, find a goddamned original approach.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
    See this thread.
    Goddamit it's a bit early in the week to get owned!

lazy lounge lizard
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-11-2022 @ 09:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BigBadBrian
    [B] Russia's Putin Calls U.S. Policy 'Dictatorial'

By Douglas Busvine

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin (news - web sites) accused the United States on Friday of pursuing a dictatorial foreign policy and said mounting violence could derail progress toward bringing peace and democracy to Iraq (news - web site

nad he is right!

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

[QUOTE]Originally posted by franksters
    [B]

By Douglas Busvine

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin (news - web sites) accused the United States on Friday of pursuing a dictatorial foreign policy and said mounting violence could derail progress toward bringing peace and democracy to Iraq (news - web site

nad he is right!

Please try to navigate the forums in an effective manner. That is what the "Preview Reply" button is for. Use it. Thank you for doing business with us.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Absolutely, positively not a requirement. Post away, dude. Post in the correct forum, though.
    That's what I meant! I was going to be a little more vicious, but I figured the newby needed directions and a gentle prompting to get a fucking clue.

Thread Information