Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrMaddVibe
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Mooch has his hands full and no Walsh looking from topside to bail him out...only sad sack Millen!

He'll be outta there this season.
    http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• ALinChainz
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

The Fords love these guys and are notoriously loyal, they won't be gone before their contracts are up. And I believe they want to resign Millen, who has done a good job with building the team through the draft.

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ALinChainz
        The Fords love these guys and are notoriously loyal, they won't be gone before their contracts are up. And I believe they want to resign Millen, who has done a good job with building the team through the draft.

????

WHAT!

The Ford's are a collection of dolts that couldn't be trusted with the "keys" to the automotive empire so they went out and bought a toy for them to get them out of their hair!

They don't care about wins and losses. They only care about attendance and concession revenue!

As far as loyalty...I could go on and on and on about how they've shafted everyone they could from players to coaches! They don't know the meaning of the word. Everyone is viewed as a gardner to them. "You're paid help...don't tell me what to do and don't talk to me!".

If they cared about their fans then they would've won something, but they don't and it clearly shows. Their draft picks are the same tried and true bullshit smoke and mirrors that Wayne Fontes was doing way back when. CB, LB, QB, RB...try picking up an entire offensive line you fucking idiots!!!

The Lions will NEVER go anywhere near the Promised Land with the likes of the Ford family at the helm...just remember you heard it here.

Comment

• Warham
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

The Lions were near the Promised Land in '91, but were run over in the NFC title game by the Redskins. I remember it well. We destroyed Dallas in the playoffs that year, 38-6. It might just well be my favorite game in Lions history. I loved the look on Jimmy Johnson's face. Of course, he went on to bigger and better things...

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

I was at that game!

I can STILL remember the "Welcome to the jungle baby...you're gonna DIIIIIIIIIE!" as they took Aikman off of the field!

THAT was the pinnacle of a superior defense and an offense that gelled. Fontes wasn't the dope everyone made him out to be as nobody has come close since he left.

Now, the QBs...har-dee-har-har!!! What a collection of loose bolts! Even their current "QB"!

J-O-K-E!!!

Comment

• ALinChainz
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
              ????

WHAT!

The Ford's are a collection of dolts that couldn't be trusted with the "keys" to the automotive empire so they went out and bought a toy for them to get them out of their hair!

They don't care about wins and losses. They only care about attendance and concession revenue!

As far as loyalty...I could go on and on and on about how they've shafted everyone they could from players to coaches! They don't know the meaning of the word. Everyone is viewed as a gardner to them. "You're paid help...don't tell me what to do and don't talk to me!".

If they cared about their fans then they would've won something, but they don't and it clearly shows. Their draft picks are the same tried and true bullshit smoke and mirrors that Wayne Fontes was doing way back when. CB, LB, QB, RB...try picking up an entire offensive line you fucking idiots!!!

The Lions will NEVER go anywhere near the Promised Land with the likes of the Ford family at the helm...just remember you heard it here.

Been watching the Lions since '74.

I've probably heard it before.

But I'll try to remember.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Preseason tickets go on sale today

Detroit Free Press

July 10, 2005

Individual game tickets for the Lions' preseason games at Ford Field go on sale at 10 a.m. today, the team said. Approximately 3,000 tickets for each of the two games -- vs. Cleveland at 1 p.m. Aug. 20 and vs. St. Louis at 8 p.m. Aug. 29 -- will be available at the Ford Field ticket office and at TicketMaster outlets. Tickets can also be purchased by phone at 248-645-6666 via TicketMaster or on the Internet at Detroitlions.com/tickets or ticketmaster.com.

Detroit Michigan news - freep.com is the Detroit Free Press. News about Detroit, as well as headlines and stories from around Michigan.

Comment

• VonHalen
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Jul 2005

bary sanders was smart, leaving the game when he did

Comment

• ALinChainz
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Lions sign draftees

Detroit Free Press
                    July 16, 2005

The Lions signed two sixth-round draft choices -- defensive end Bill Swancutt and linebacker Johnathan Goddard -- to three-year deals. Swancutt (6-feet-4, 265 pounds) was selected 184th overall out of Oregon State, where he started 38 consecutive games and recorded 181 tackles (140 solo), 37 sacks and 59.5 tackles for losses. Goddard (6-0, 242) was selected 206th overall out of Marshall. He started 36 games and made 65.5 stops for losses (276 yards) for the Thundering Herd.

Detroit Michigan news - freep.com is the Detroit Free Press. News about Detroit, as well as headlines and stories from around Michigan.

Comment

• Warham
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by VonHalen
                      bary sanders was smart, leaving the game when he did
                      Yep, and he just did a commercial with Elway, Allen, and another guy.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Lions | ESPN's Berman to Keynote Award Dinner
                        Mon, 18 Jul 2005 22:13:47 -0700

DetroitLions.com reports the 12th annual Detroit Lions Courage House Dinner will feature ESPN sportscaster Chris Berman as its special keynote speaker. The event will be held at Ford Field November 1, 2005. In addition to the presentation of the Detroit Lions Courage Award to a current Lions' player, a special award also will be presented to Roger Penske, chairman of Penske Corporation and the Super Bowl XL Host Committee. Penske will receive the Courage House Community Award for his years of service to both sports and the community.

Comment

• Warham
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Chris Berman? Ugh!

Comment

• ALinChainz
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Reality show stars Lions rookie

Detroit Free Press
                            July 20, 2005

This has to be a general manager's worst nightmare: A would-be NFL player shows up at the Senior Bowl with NINE agents in tow.

Who's your agent?

We got a sneak peak at "Super Agent," the reality show that debuts Friday night on Spike TV, and it was pretty much all talk.
                            But talking is pretty much all agents do, isn't it, so what kinds of competitions can the show have?

"There were a few mud-wrestling episodes," said Lions rookie Shaun Cody, the star of the show. "Just kidding."

Too bad. OK, then how about they have the would-be agents demonstrate their:

• Endurance: Who can spend the most time on a cell phone and still act like they're talking about something important?

• Speed: Who's fastest at demanding to renegotiate after agreeing to a contract?

• Agility: Who can negotiate a buyout for his client and still claim he was fired?

But it must not have bothered the Lions; they drafted Southern Cal defensive tackle Shaun Cody in the second round, anyway.
                            Actually, the nine were just Cody's would-be agents. Only one of them -- the winner of "Super Agent," the Spike TV reality show that debuts at 10 p.m. Friday -- would end up representing him.

Each week, the contestants compete to impress Cody with their agenting skills, and each week he boots one of them off the show until a winner was picked in time for the draft.

It's sort of like "The Apprentice" meets "Jerry Maguire." Or, "The Bachelor" meets "Arli$$."

Of course picking a potential wife on a reality show is one thing, but an agent? Is that prudent?

"He's negotiating my contract as we speak," Cody said Tuesday, adding he expects to be in camp on time, and he's thrilled to be a Lion.

Cody said producers recruited him because he was projected to be a high pick and also West Coast-based.

He said doing the show -- hosted by Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez -- was fun but hectic as he was preparing for the NFL combine and interviewing with teams.

"Plus doing a TV show on the side was pretty tough," Cody said. "Some nights it ran pretty long, 2 or 3 in the morning. That's when I was like, 'Oh, why'd I do this show?' "

In Friday's episode, Cody first meets all nine agents in one room. (It kind of put us in the mind of "Fear Factor," when a contestant is covered with cockroaches.)

Then the agents were split into groups of three to come up with three proposals of why they should represent Cody, though team-building seemed a bit lost on them.

"The other guys are a joke," Tim McIlwain of the Veritas Group said of his teammates.

"You don't make a presentation to a guy that you want to sign with two people you want to kill."

In Episode 2, the agents spend time with two of Cody's relatives, one of whom says, "They all suck. They were horrible."

Hey, reality TV isn't pretty.

•To be fair to NFL agents, the Associated Press reports one of the most powerful, Drew Rosenhaus, helped save a boy pulled unconscious from a Disney World pool by performing CPR on him. "I dropped my phone, which is pretty rare," said Rosenhaus, a lifeguard in his youth. "It was nice to be a good guy for once."

By Steve Schrader

Comment

• VonHalen
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Jul 2005

ook

Comment

• ALinChainz
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Lions: Wilson signs on for three years

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
                                Saturday, July 23, 2005

News

The Lions signed rookie cornerback Stanley Wilson to a three-year contract on Friday. The deal is worth roughly $1.5 million and includes a signing bonus of approximately $575,000, according to the Detroit News. As a three-year starter at Stanford, Wilson logged five interceptions.

Views

Wilson is the son of the former Bengals running back of the same name. The elder Wilson is spending his days in a correctional facility following a long history of problems with substance abuse. The younger Wilson has a good relationship with his father and has received plenty of media attention for his feel-good story.

Comment

Working...