X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mothereffer
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Nov 2004

Rolling Stone's Top 500

I think the so-called top 500 is mostly a sham anyway, but come on........no Roth Halen on the list? Van Halen wasn't just any hard rock band and you fucking tell me they don't have at least a few songs that deserve to be in the ALL-TIME top list? Songs that stand the test of time that were different and innovative...with an edge...Van Halen - this wasn't your standard rock and roll .........

How about:

"Ain't Talkin Bout Love" - tell me mothereffers...TELL ME THIS doesn't qualify as an all-time classic motherfuckin Top 500 Rolling Stone shit. Damn.

"You Really Got Me" (blows the shit out of the Kink's version and the first time Roth chime in after the opening riff with "Ooh" didn't it blow your guts out?

"Unchained".........ya you hit the ground runnin!

"And the Cradle Will Rock" - opening riff...nothing like it before or since. Have YOU seen Junior's grades?

"Everybody Wants Some!" - I don't want Rolling Stone - those fuckers.

I could go on and on but it would do no fucking good because Rolling Stone hasn't been cool since they had Britney Spears on the cover.
    Mothereffer
  • dave_is_vh
    Sniper
    • Apr 2004

Ed can't expect Rolling Stone to pay more respect to classic Van Halen than he does.
    "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• Flash Bastard

Re: Rolling Stone's Top 500

Originally posted by Mothereffer
      I could go on and on but it would do no fucking good because Rolling Stone hasn't been cool since they had Britney Spears on the cover.
      They haven't been cool since they had Sammy on the cover.

Comment

• Model Citizen
        Full On Cocktard
        • Dec 2004

What WAS on their list?
        "As much as you people are in here, you are probably unemployed, dope smoking, unwashed analizers and alcoholics of the worst degree."-Katydid

Comment

• Warham
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Jump was #95 on VH1's list a couple years ago.

Comment

• hot for david
            Head Fluffer
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by dave_is_vh
            Ed can't expect Rolling Stone to pay more respect to classic Van Halen than he does.
            i think the same ...
            "life can be good with the right people"- andi deris

Woman Of Dark Desires
            http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...9b5fac7ede.jpg

Comment

• dave_is_vh
              Sniper
              • Apr 2004

Classic Van Halen is all about David Lee Roth. Van Hagar is all about Eddie Van Halen. Eddie Van Halen's self esteem can't handle the fact that classic Van Halen is all about David Lee Roth. Thus the current state of affairs. However, after the current Van Hagar tour Van Hagar is likely toast unless they decide they want to do a small club tour.
              "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

Working...