Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueturk
    Veteran
    • Jul 2004

Bush Urges Americans To Give Iraq Soldiers Homecoming Vietnam Vets Didn't Get

At Camp Pendleton,Dubya kind of admitted that maybe things aren't so great after all,and urged civilians to give Iraq vets the joyous homecoming that Nam vets never received,as if he would fucking know anything about it.Well,since he was home the whole time,he may very well be an authority on the subject.Dubya also made parallels between Iraq and World War II,but that's not even what pissed me off.
    He made his speech decked out in a specially tailored Marine tanker jacket,the all-purpose,all-weather jacket for OFFICERS AND ENLISTED MEN.Dubya's jacket even had custom touches like his name and designation as commander-in-chief embroidered across the front.
    What the hell right does a draft-dodging frat-boy have to wear this garment? Does running away from your military obligations make you a soldier? Bush wearing that jacket is an insult to Iraq and Vietnam vets alike.
    Last edited by blueturk; 12-08-2004, 01:19 PM.
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

He is the Commander-in-Chief. That's why he's 'allowed' to wear the garment.

Comment

• Ally_Kat
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Re: Bush Urges Americans To Give Iraq Soldiers Homecoming Vietnam Vets Didn't Get

Originally posted by blueturk

what the hell right does a draft-dodging frat-boy have to wear this garment?
      First off -- it hasn't been proven that he dodged the draft. In fact, despite what CBS and Danny Boy wanted, all the papers say honorable discharge and hte ones that say otherwise were fakes.

Second off -- He's the commander-in-chief. He's at the top of the military branches. That's what gives him the right. It would be the same if Clinton did it (even though he is a proven draft dodger), Reagan, Carter, Nixon, JFK, FDR, etc., etc.
      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• ODShowtime
        ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

We do need to support the troops that come home (the ones that make it home). We're gonna have thousands of fucked-up PTSD people running around beating their wives and driving drunk. God help them, you know?
        gnaw on it

Comment

• blueturk
          Veteran
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
          First off -- it hasn't been proven that he dodged the draft. In fact, despite what CBS and Danny Boy wanted, all the papers say honorable discharge and hte ones that say otherwise were fakes.

Second off -- He's the commander-in-chief. He's at the top of the military branches. That's what gives him the right. It would be the same if Clinton did it (even though he is a proven draft dodger), Reagan, Carter, Nixon, JFK, FDR, etc., etc.
          He just disappeared in 1972 when he was supposed to be reporting to the Guard.And of course,a lot of documents concerning Dubya's service were "inadvertently destroyed" according to the Pentagon.
          If Dubya has nothing to hide ,why are news agencies having to file lawsuits to find out anything about this time in Bush's life?
          As far as Dan Rather goes,that whole debacle WAS pretty fucking bad.But now when Dubya's "service" is mentioned,the Bushites scream "Dan Rather",forgetting that there ARE a lot of questions remaining about this period that the White House doesn't want to answer.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Those documents are fakes, but the diseased Texas Air Guard Colonel that supposedly wrote them really did feel that Bush was a rich boy using the service to get out of 'Nam according to his former secretary.

Comment

• Big Train
              Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Just keep beating it to death. People have been trying to make an issue out of it for YEARS now. He was a rich boy who probably got a couple of favors, ok? We have been up and down that road a million times. I still say where is Kerry and his signed 180 form? Now that the election is over WE WILL NEVER know what happened there.

Bush is the commander-in-chief and he was alive during the Vietnam era and as a CITIZEN saw how they were treated. He has every right to mention these topics and share his thoughts. End of Story.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Big Train
                Just keep beating it to death. People have been trying to make an issue out of it for YEARS now. He was a rich boy who probably got a couple of favors, ok? We have been up and down that road a million times. I still say where is Kerry and his signed 180 form? Now that the election is over WE WILL NEVER know what happened there.

Bush is the commander-in-chief and he was alive during the Vietnam era and as a CITIZEN saw how they were treated. He has every right to mention these topics and share his thoughts. End of Story.
                True, and our soldiers have the right to tell Donald Rumsfeld what a douchebag he is for helping to get us in our current mess as well!

Comment

• Warham
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Where was Bill Clinton during the Vietnam War anyway?

Comment

• ODShowtime
                    ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                    Where was Bill Clinton during the Vietnam War anyway?

Thanks for helping us stay on topic Warham.
                    gnaw on it

Comment

• Big Train
                      Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

It's valid OD. GW is just giving a speech and Turk is calling his credentials into question about it, which are irrelevant. Why not go even further and discuss other presidents and their rights to speak to crowds of military personnel?

Comment

• ODShowtime
                        ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

It's valid OD. GW is just giving a speech and Turk is calling his credentials into question about it, which are irrelevant. Why not go even further and discuss other presidents and their rights to speak to crowds of military personnel?
                        Presidents have the right to speak to military crowds and be respected. But as far as I'm concerned, they DO NOT have the right to wear military uniforms. No president that I recall from this century has done so except one. The President is a civilian and should dress like one.

Personally, if I were a Marine, I'd find gw's get up in that picture above offensive. That and his flightsuit bullshit is the most shockingly jingoistic crap I've ever seen in this country. I'm ashamed. When gw flew to that carrier was they day I knew something was terribly wrong. I think that might have been the moment I knew gw was definitely full of dog shit.
                        gnaw on it

Comment

• Warham
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Why would you find that offensive? The president has been the Commander-in-Chief of the military since ole Georgie was president.

The day that Bill Clinton said he didn't have sex with that women was the day I know that something was terribly wrong. I think that might have been the moment I knew bc was definately full of horse shit.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

As I've stated before, Clinton was against Vietnam and demonstrated against it. He didn't ask any kid to get drafted and take his place in the the infantry while he gleefully and safely patrolled the skies over El Paso against North Vietnamese MIG-21's.

Comment

• Warham
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                              As I've stated before, Clinton was against Vietnam and demonstrated against it. He didn't ask any kid to get drafted and take his place in the the infantry while he gleefully and safely patrolled the skies over El Paso against North Vietnamese MIG-21's.
                              Yeah, it's better to demonstrate against Vietnam and leave the country than it is to serve in the National Guard.

I mean, what the hell was GW thinking by actually serving in SOME capacity rather than go over to good ole England. Bastard!

Comment

Working...