Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 Can and will Warner Bros. ever release a live Dave VH era cd? - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can and will Warner Bros. ever release a live Dave VH era cd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can and will Warner Bros. ever release a live Dave VH era cd?

This is long overdue!! the cd should be called "The Greatest Show on Earth"!!

Ed and Al won't let that happen.

They'd hate to have Dave make money off of it.

DLR7884
    Screw them.
    Originally Posted by WARF:
    DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

why do ed and al hate dave sooooo much!!?? they are ruining everything....okay dave left in 85, dave knew it was a mistake,dave was man enough to admit....get over it ed and al!!

Comment

There was going to be a possible live album in 1985. It never happened (mostly due to the break-up). I doubt we'll see one during Eddie's lifetime. And it's a damn shame.

Frankly, I think that any VH live album would have to probably have a few overdubs, a few redone lead vocals (because record companies don't like live albums with missed vocals, etc.) and the back-ups would also probably have to be redone. For all Al's bitching about Dave's live vocals (Dave is a visual performer...live with it, Al), Mike and especially Ed could frequently be VERY off-key doing their live vocals. Ed even admitted that on the LIVE WITHOUT A SINGER home video, the back-up vocals were almost all re-done. "Live" indeed.
        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

The problem with a live DAVID LEE ROTH era Vh recording is that it would OVERSHADOW everything that the sisters have done post 1985. Hence, they aren't really hip on releasing ANYTHING with DAVE live. Life's a BITCH when you can't face the truth.

Comment

Very true Matt...

Comment

Can you imagine the sisters discussing this topic?!?
              AVH: "Bro, we could make SO much money off this live thing with Roth...."
              EVH: "Fuck HIM!!!!!!! I'll kick 'em in the nutz!!!!!! I'll COUGH! COUGH! Where's my beer?!?
              AVH:" Damn it dude! Focus on what's important here! We'd almost NEVER have to work again. And we might be able to SCREW Roth out of his fair share again!!!!"
              EVH: "Beer? Beer? Here beer! Here Beer! Come here Boy!"

Comment

I'm happy with the bootleg that's around. Fuck 'em. No one's gonna like a "produced" live album more than they already like the bootleg that's out there anyway. People will buy it, but they'll like the bootleg better in the end. (if they have any)
                I like Van Halen more than Dave's PA Rental.....which means I like Van Halen more than you

"YOU JUST BUILD BIKES!"

Comment

It really depends on who owns the right's to the back catalogue and video footage, and also the small print in any contracts. It may well be that Ed and Al are powerless to stop Warner cashing in.
                  Roth Army Militia

Comment

Originally posted by Don Corleone
                    It really depends on who owns the right's to the back catalogue and video footage, and also the small print in any contracts. It may well be that Ed and Al are powerless to stop Warner cashing in.
                    Exactly. If the recordings were made when the band had a recording contract with Warners that gave them the rights to release said recordings, Warners can release it. The thing is, they might want cooperation from the Bros. But frankly, it'll probably only be vocals that will have to be touched up. So WB should make a deal with Dave and have him come down and do touch-ups and get a good engineer to mix the whole thing.

Fuck the brothers.
                    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

It'll never happen.

Comment

Sad but true Warham. I think if it was gonna happen, it would have happened by now.

And I am not saying one word about there always being hope for new material.

Comment

I'll bet MONEY it's on the front burner as we speak for a few reasons.

#1. WB needs it more than VH does, which makes it a priority. WB as a company is in really deep shit and BEST of 2 didn't deliver as promised. They are discussing an IPO for early next year and they need some positive numbers bad. I would be they are pressuring VH bad and it will probably happen.

#2. VH needs it. All of the losses on the CC tour are CROSS-Collaterilized. Which is to say that in order to make their advance back (and minimize risk) CC puts all the date in an "all in" pot, subtracts losers from winners and whats left is profit. Being that is a horrible ratio for this tour, VH is in the red here (Although contract player Sammy gets his cash, as he is an employee). They need the cash themselves.

#3. It is a way to test the water. In order to set up a winning tour with Dave, they need to whet the public's appetite in order to entice promoters to put their shirts up again.

Comment

Comment

Man, that is from like 80 something...blast from the past!

Comment

Working...
                              X