Thread: Eddie drunk at Dimebag's funeral

Gulf Coaster
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2010 @ 04:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Ya know, I'm not gonna judge anyone over their opinion here, but i'll just add mine, and you can quote me on this.

My problem with Edward is that he sells tickets to a show, albeit NOT the reunion show I was anticipating, a show that sold tickets none the less.
    Then he goes out on stage trashed beyond ability to play his own fucking tunes, that is what pisses me off about the guy.

But on his off time, the man is free to do what he chooses with his life, for it's his life and not mine.

That said,
    Dimebag's funeral was earlier that day, and this event, where i am sure damn near everyone in attendance was tossing them back, was for all who were welcome to attend to show their respects to a fallen soldier of an all but gone genre in music history.
    Dimebag was a huge VH fan no different than any of us here typing away like crazy to attack a man for his fuck-ups while allowing it to over shadow the tragedy that took one of the best from us.

Ed gave Dime's girlfriend/wife his original black and yellow Charvel from the VH II Tour to bury with him. to me that was a class act and raises my respect for Edward by honoring and acknowledge the brotherhood among rocks finest in that manner.
    I didn't see the lush on that stage that i see at a VH show, I saw a guy who was seriously effected by the events that took place in Columbus, Ohio that robbed him and everyone else who loved the guy and his contribution to music as a whole, of a great musical entity.

I'm all for giving Ed hell for his way of showing appreciation to his own fans, but dammit, this is not the time or the circumstances that i would engage in that.

I have lost a lot of really great friends that i loved like my brothers, and the gatherings after their funerals were a party to celebrate their lives and lifestyles that we shared through the years...this was nothing more or less than that, and to focus on who was drunk and who wasn't given the circumstances is just sad in my opinion.
    There was no minister there officiating the service, hell, it wasn't even a service as that all went down earlier in the day where i am quite sure total respect was paid by all who attended.

I have toasted every single friend i lost with the surviving clan. we even get together and have vigils at their graves from time to time and just sit there and get trashed together, the only people missing are the fallen brothers who are there only in spirit.

But i ask all of you, who are we to judge how a person mourns a friend?
    There is a time and a place for everything, and this is a time only to honor those who have fallen by the hands of another in a sensless violent act.

To take anything away from the purpose of the gathering in Dimebag's honor is as disrespectful as the claims those bitching are making.

I'm sorry, but what happened to Dimebag really disturbs me and rattles me to the core, and i'd rather thank those who showed up to honor him than attack them for their demeanor in the process.

Rest In Peace, Dimebag...Your influence and energy will be greatly missed.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Commando

Member No
    Last Online
    09-28-2007 @ 11:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Cathedral
    Ya know, I'm not gonna judge anyone over their opinion here, but i'll just add mine, and you can quote me on this.

My problem with Edward is that he sells tickets to a show, albeit NOT the reunion show I was anticipating, a show that sold tickets none the less.
    Then he goes out on stage trashed beyond ability to play his own fucking tunes, that is what pisses me off about the guy.

But on his off time, the man is free to do what he chooses with his life, for it's his life and not mine.

That said,
    Dimebag's funeral was earlier that day, and this event, where i am sure damn near everyone in attendance was tossing them back, was for all who were welcome to attend to show their respects to a fallen soldier of an all but gone genre in music history.
    Dimebag was a huge VH fan no different than any of us here typing away like crazy to attack a man for his fuck-ups while allowing it to over shadow the tragedy that took one of the best from us.

Ed gave Dime's girlfriend/wife his original black and yellow Charvel from the VH II Tour to bury with him. to me that was a class act and raises my respect for Edward by honoring and acknowledge the brotherhood among rocks finest in that manner.
    I didn't see the lush on that stage that i see at a VH show, I saw a guy who was seriously effected by the events that took place in Columbus, Ohio that robbed him and everyone else who loved the guy and his contribution to music as a whole, of a great musical entity.

I'm all for giving Ed hell for his way of showing appreciation to his own fans, but dammit, this is not the time or the circumstances that i would engage in that.

I have lost a lot of really great friends that i loved like my brothers, and the gatherings after their funerals were a party to celebrate their lives and lifestyles that we shared through the years...this was nothing more or less than that, and to focus on who was drunk and who wasn't given the circumstances is just sad in my opinion.
    There was no minister there officiating the service, hell, it wasn't even a service as that all went down earlier in the day where i am quite sure total respect was paid by all who attended.

I have toasted every single friend i lost with the surviving clan. we even get together and have vigils at their graves from time to time and just sit there and get trashed together, the only people missing are the fallen brothers who are there only in spirit.

There is a time and a place for everything, and this is a time only to honor those who have fallen by the hands of another in a sensless violent act.

To take anything away from the purpose of the gathering in Dimebag's honor is as disrespectful as the claims those bitching are making.

I'm sorry, but what happened to Dimebag really disturbs me and rattles me to the core, and i'd rather thank those who showed up to honor him than attack them for their demeanor in the process.

Thankyou!!! Finally one of the few here with a little fuckin class
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    04-09-2006 @ 06:44 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Cathedral

That said,

Nothing but love big guy, you always get it right.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-29-2024 @ 02:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by frets5150
    Thankyou!!! Finally one of the few here with a little fuckin class
    ...until you ruined it...

Commando

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

FUCK YOU!!! Is your life so fuckin great that you have to worry every time EVH has a drink or has a smoke would you like it if everyone was on your ass commenting on your every move.Bottom
    line EVH went and paid his respects to D.D. Remember this is about D.D not EVH drinking.Anyway 90% of the people were drinking there but let's only focus on EVH.If DLR was still in the band nobody would
    give 2 shits if EVH was drunk or not so get real.
    Last edited by frets5150; 12-18-2004 at 02:29 PM.

Got it bad...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2020 @ 12:27 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Nice post Cat!

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

FUCK YOU!!! Is your life so fuckin great that you have to worry every time EVH has a drink or has a smoke would you like it if everyone was on your ass commenting on your every move.Bottom
    line EVH went and paid his respects to D.D. Remember this is about D.D not EVH drinking.Anyway 90% of the people were drinking there but let's only focus on EVH.If DLR was still in the band nobody would
    and believe me...my life is SO FUCKING GREAT !!!

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by diamondD
    Nice post Cat!
    YES !!!

John Holmes
    FUCK YOU!!! Is your life so fuckin great that you have to worry every time EVH has a drink or has a smoke would you like it if everyone was on your ass commenting on your every move.
    Hey, we aren't rock stars nor famous people. You can't have it all. You get famous, your life is under a fucking microscope. I'd be ready for that - and for Drunkard Eddie's money as well.

Bottom
    line EVH went and paid his respects to D.D. Remember this is about D.D not EVH drinking.

He went there. So what? Half people in the Rock biz were there as well.

Anyway 90% of the people were drinking there but let's only focus on EVH.If DLR was still in the band nobody would
    Yup, I have to say I'd close an eye about Eddie's multiple addictions if he were still playing in the band Van Halen - so playing for Dave. But given his current band, Van Hagar, is utter and ridicoulus morbid shite, and he and his faggot brother are the pieces of shit responsible of breaking up one of the best rock acts ever, I like reminding his health is screwed up as his band and the rest of his kinky life. Got a problem with that?

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

mr. holmes...you nailed it...

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

ok...serious...have you seen the vid of ed at the memorial celebration? ed's performance gives "fucked up" a new definition...

John Holmes
    Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
    ok...serious...have you seen the vid of ed at the memorial celebration? ed's performance gives "fucked up" a new definition...
    Noo... I didn't see it. Where can I watch it, you have an URL handy?

Commando

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yup, I have to say I'd close an eye about Eddie's multiple addictions if he were still playing in the band Van Halen - so playing for Dave. But given his current band, Van Hagar, is utter and ridicoulus morbid shite, and he and his faggot brother are the pieces of shit responsible of breaking up one of the best rock acts ever, I like reminding his health is screwed up as his band and the rest of his kinky life. Got a problem with that? [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't agree with your first two responses but i kind of agree with this part of your response of course VanHalen is Eddie Dave Alex and Mike but it's not so just deal with it you said " Yup, I have to say I'd close an eye about Eddie's multiple addictions if he were still playing in the band Van Halen" So you really don't care about what he's doing your just mad that dave is not in VanHalen and so am i but these are two seperate issue's. But maybe after all that is going on they will put all the bullshit aside and get back together.And remember it's really not Eddie it's ALEX!!!
    Last edited by frets5150; 12-18-2004 at 08:24 PM.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by John Holmes
    Noo... I didn't see it. Where can I watch it, you have an URL handy?
    go to vhnd.com and follow the news...the link leads you to some website of a tv-channel but does not work directly you have to watch for older news when you are at the news-site...

King Of Literary Posts
    Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    12-18-2004 @ 11:00 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Listen Up. All of you need to step back and realize who it is you need to be thanking for your very ability to POST this shit.....and sorry to say it, but if the truth hurts, so be it...it's ain't David Lee Fucking Roth. If it weren't for Eddie Van Halen LETTING Roth do what he did, until 1984, there wouldn't BE a Roth Army. There Wouldn't BE a web site, and there wouldn't BE a forum for all of you hypocrates to go out and slam the very man that MADE the band that made Roth Famous. Is it a fact that Eddie was drunk? Sure, I'll concede to that. Is it a big deal? Not really.....it's become commonplace, and to be honest, something that most people with an average intelligence and a small amount of common sense have come to grasp over the years. I guess what I'm trying to say is "SO FUCKING WHAT"...he had a drink. Eddie Van Halen only needed to pay tribute to the two things Darrell Abbot did best......Drinking and Playing Guitar. Ed's presence alone paid homage to Darrell's skills as a player.....and Van Halen's and Wylde's shots and drinking....that spoke volumes alone in tribute. I don't think Darrell would have wanted it any other way. Think about who you're putting down, and realize just who it is that's responsible for Roth and this very site, in a linear sort of way, even being here, and realize that if it weren't for Ed's drinking and being able to drink about anyone under the table, Roth wouldn't have been who he was. That's all I got to say about it. Oh, and on a personal note, the person who spoke of the sores eating someone alive....you sound like you speak from experience. Has it flared up again for you, my friend, cause you know, they make creams and pills for those diseases now....and you can give it to your girlfriend so she doesnt continue spreading it to the entire neighborhood.

I guess I Violated the clause that says "You will be subsequently faceplanted into the cement, never to be heard from again", eh??

Commando

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Thank's stranger took the words right out of my mouth. LMFAO

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,580 Times in 3,459 Posts

Originally posted by DaveWho
    Listen Up. All of you need to step back and realize who it is you need to be thanking for your very ability to POST this shit.....and sorry to say it, but if the truth hurts, so be it...it's ain't David Lee Fucking Roth. If it weren't for Eddie Van Halen LETTING .....blah, blah, blah, retard, babbling....
    King of literary posts? How many times have you joined now asshole? Really? It's the same fucking douche that rambles on with no real point and says the same thing over, and over, and over.... You wasted your time writing this redundant piece of shit. BRAVO! But I guess you're right to an extent, only that goes both ways. Eddie would never have gotten where he is without Dave. Eddie would be in an out-treatment program at the local detox clinic without Dave. So go back to the VH Links and spew your half-wit nonsense there, mmm'kay!?

By the way, your mommy said for me to give you these, after she and I finished bumping uglies! She said to make sure you wipe, and that daddy was only kidding when he said that he wished he pulled out of mommy and shot you on the wall!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I have an idea Dave(Insert stupid anti-Dave cliche' here)--Why don't you go to this site and see how creative all of the Sammy fans are:

King Of Literary Posts
    Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    [B]King of literary posts? How many times have you joined now asshole? Really?
    Actually, if the admin would kindly check the roster, and the IP Address, he/she could quickly note I've never registered before, and my mother's been dead for 20 years, so I'd recommend you go check yourself for more than sores if you've been bumping uglies with her.....and I appreciate the "asshole" comment. Coming from the original after whom they coined the phrase, one must consider that a complement.

King Of Literary Posts
    Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

[B]I have an idea Dave(Insert stupid anti-Dave cliche' here)--
    Actually DICK...err...nick...that's not an anti-dave cliche...it's the God's Honest truth. Right now, walk up to ten people on the street...and ask them who "David Lee Roth" is....and i'd almost bet the majority of the ten....give you THAT VERY RESPONSE. Dave Who?? Thanks for chiming in....hey..I'm trying to post in small words so you can understand. I see it's working!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Actually, if the admin would kindly check the roster, and the IP Address, he/she could quickly note I've never registered before, and my mother's been dead for 20 years, so I'd recommend you go check yourself for more than sores if you've been bumping uglies with her.....and I appreciate the "asshole" comment. Coming from the original after whom they coined the phrase, one must consider that a complement.
    Oh! Never been here before? Well, we've heard it before! The same boring, unfunny, and ultimately uncreative trademarks of Sammy fans that have to come here and impart their wisdom on us! Go back to the Links. Join your fellow mentally challenged in this site:

Funny though, for someone that is "new" to this site, I find it very interesting that you know about the whole IP thing! So, even if you've never been here before newby, I just wonder how you know so much? And you probably appreciate the "asshole" comment because you finally got some acknowledgement today.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Actually DICK...
    Suck my what?

King Of Literary Posts
    Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Actually, sir, I'm quite familiar with the IP address situation because I, myself, have been to numerous message boards, and have even moderated a few in my day.....but, in all seriousness, today was my first visit to this site, and it looks like it's going to be an interesting ride. Words still okay for you, or do I need to slow down a little? This also works BOTH WAYS....as YOU seem to know an awful lot about the mentally challenged, and like to use the word "retard".....hmmm...wonder where he got that one?

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Actually DICK...err...nick...that's not an anti-dave cliche...it's the God's Honest truth. Right now, walk up to ten people on the street...and ask them who "David Lee Roth" is....and i'd almost bet the majority of the ten....give you THAT VERY RESPONSE. Dave Who?? Thanks for chiming in....hey..I'm trying to post in small words so you can understand. I see it's working!
    Okay, you want to debate, you seem somewhat intelligent and articulate. Who's Eddie then? Judging by tour attendance to a major act (currently unsigned by the way), this tour flopped and failed to crack the top ten tours of 2004. So, maybe you should ask if anyone cares about Van hagar anymore.?...But YOU KNOW WHAT????....If Dave came back, YOU DAMN WELL BET THE MASSES WOULD RUSH TO THAT TOUR OF CLASSIC VAN HALEN! NOW GO DOWNLOAD A BOOTLEG IN THE BOOT'S FORUM SO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE MISSING!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Actually, sir, I'm quite familiar with the IP address situation because I, myself, have been to numerous message boards, and have even moderated a few in my day.....but, in all seriousness, today was my first visit to this site, and it looks like it's going to be an interesting ride. Words still okay for you, or do I need to slow down a little? This also works BOTH WAYS....as YOU seem to know an awful lot about the mentally challenged, and like to use the word "retard".....hmmm...wonder where he got that one?
    You are such a wit! Wow, razor sharp! I'm reeling from that caustic bolt of cutting edge satire...Oh, I think I need another beer after that one to deaden the pain...Oh, not gonnamnfvooigjpjjiiI'm dying.mjvnmnpnnpfjhjhbvYOU ARE TOO MUCH FOR MEEEEEFMJMGV"OIJVFIOPFVFPFO'bopfgb
    [gtktgpoh

GOT ROTH?
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-07-2008 @ 12:19 AM
    Status
    Thanks

WTF LOL , POOR IDIOT FUCKIN' CUNT

John Holmes
    And remember it's really not Eddie it's ALEX!!! [/B]
    Alex could be easily replaced. Luzier or Bissonette play circles around him. What about Vinnie Colaiuta? Alex is absolutely replaceable. Just kick him out, tour like "Dave and Eddie" ala "Plant & Page" and rip it.

John Holmes
    Actually, sir, I'm quite familiar with the IP address situation because I, myself, have been to numerous message boards,

Well, porn boards are well spread. It ain't a suprise. Good to know you had fun drooling and wanking while your ugly masculine fat wife was asleep.

and have even moderated a few in my day.....
    In your day? Sounds like you're a fucking century old. Are those teeth yours?

but, in all seriousness, today was my first visit to this site, and it looks like it's going to be an interesting ride.
    If you like to be rode hard, yup, it will.

Words still okay for you, or do I need to slow down a little?
    If you're already out of breath, don't push your pathetic boundaries, buddy.

This also works BOTH WAYS....as YOU seem to know an awful lot about the mentally challenged, and like to use the word "retard".....hmmm...wonder where he got that one?
    Out of your hospital record?

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Thats some straight up, wippin yo ass with words, cold hearted shizzaint. Suppose I was to ask ya this..... Did John Homles take the long one up the wrong one?

John Holmes
    Originally posted by throatrocket
    Thats some straight up, wippin yo ass with words, cold hearted shizzaint. Suppose I was to ask ya this..... Did John Homles take the long one up the wrong one?
    I'd say you should be in school. Spelling class.

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'd say you should be in school. Spelling class.
    Fair enough. I heard he did. Take the long one..... up the wrong one......... that is. Thats what I heard. Anyway.

John Holmes
    Fair enough. I heard he did. Take the long one..... up the wrong one......... that is. Thats what I heard. Anyway.
    You shouldn't always trust your beer buddies and their grapevine talks. They'd pass you up as being a human, while in reality you don't even qualify as a baboon.

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Now your hurting me with words. If your implying that im some sort of knuckle dragging, mouth breathing, sub-average primate...... your pretty close. If you want to take the gloves off fine. See here ye of long limpness, the fact is John Holmes was a fag. Not that being a fag makes you bad people. Its your overall less than cheery attitude that makes you come off like a pissy little butt pirate. Now that doesn't mean we cant work through this thing and find some common ground. What do ya think about midgets or Merv Griffin? I always thought Merv was a cool name.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Alex could be easily replaced. Luzier or Bissonette play circles around him. What about Vinnie Colaiuta? Alex is absolutely replaceable. Just kick him out, tour like "Dave and Eddie" ala "Plant & Page" and rip it.
    Good call. I think that may be the most likely scenerio actually! Roth & Van Halen.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Now your hurting me with words. If your implying that im some sort of knuckle dragging, mouth breathing, sub-average primate...... your pretty close. If you want to take the gloves off fine. See here ye of long limpness, the fact is John Holmes was a fag. Not that being a fag makes you bad people. Its your overall less than cheery attitude that makes you come off like a pissy little butt pirate. Now that doesn't mean we cant work through this thing and find some common ground. What do ya think about midgets or Merv Griffin? I always thought Merv was a cool name.
    Oh! Another SHEEP defending his right to come to a David Lee Roth Fan site to bash Dave! Wow! A lot of those lately, funny, they all seem to have the same M.O.

I think Mr. Holmes has a right to have a "less than cheery attitude." What's your point, the guy in avatar is a "fag." Who cares. The great John Holmes was no fag. I mean he slept with over 14,000 women, that speaks for itself. But we wouldn't really know, I guess since you are the authority of Gay Porn, you are the expert.

Hey "throat rocket," (you really shouldn't talk about gay personifications seeing as you must love "throat rockets" LMAO) Sammy once said his tequila works great for getting that strange blow-job after taste out of your mouth. I never thought that would be a good selling point, but hey, being heterosexual, what do I know about that?!

So, have a Waborita on me fag!

John Holmes
    Now your hurting me with words. If your implying that im some sort of knuckle dragging, mouth breathing, sub-average primate...... your pretty close.
    I know I am pretty close. One of my worst habits is my tendency to embellish things, even the smelly and plain dried out shit. You ain't a sub-average primate, you're just a bad experiment of implanting a skunk's DNA into a llama's turd.

If you want to take the gloves off fine. See here ye of long limpness, the fact is John Holmes was a fag.
    Is this what your fat mommy told you, 'cuz good ole John had a wank in a bar's toilet rather than fuck the whale? Don't be jealous "throatrocket", even your deformed mongoloid peers get more pussy than you - and you'd better at least try to match your retarded peers than looking up at John Holmes, Ron Jeremy and the other great ones.

What do ya think about midgets or Merv Griffin? I always thought Merv was a cool name.
    I think you I've seen rectal rangers with better jokes than yours, at funerals.
    Last edited by John Holmes; 12-19-2004 at 05:39 PM.

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Oh! Another SHEEP defending his right to come to a David Lee Roth Fan site to bash Dave! Wow! A lot of those lately, funny, they all seem to have the same M.O.

I think Mr. Holmes has a right to have a "less than cheery attitude." What's your point, the guy in avatar is a "fag." Who cares. The great John Holmes was no fag. I mean he slept with over 14,000 women, that speaks for itself. But we wouldn't really know, I guess since you are the authority of Gay Porn, you are the expert.

Hey "throat rocket," (you really shouldn't talk about gay personifications seeing as you must love "throat rockets" LMAO) Sammy once said his tequila works great for getting that strange blow-job after taste out of your mouth. I never thought that would be a good selling point, but hey, being heterosexual, what do I know about that?!

So, have a Waborita on me fag!
    So I guess your actually takeing my obviously silly nonsense serious. Iv been here sense Sarge started this thing and I welcome you to give an example of me Dave bashing. I cant fucking stand Sammy Hager so ease up. Im a true blue Dave fan and always will be. I don't post much but from time to time I just cant resist coming out of left field just to lighten things up. Exxcuuusssee me . . .

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't post much but from time to time I just cant resist coming out of left field just to lighten things up. Exxcuuusssee me . . .
    wow...and

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Oh yeah, a THROATROCKET is slang for a Marlboro red cigaret. Im down with the ladies tough guy. Us long haired guitar slingers have been known to chase after some booty here and there. Mostly there.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Oh yeah, a THROATROCKET is slang for a Marlboro red cigaret. Im down with the ladies tough guy. Us long haired guitar slingers have been known to chase after some booty here and there. Mostly there.
    mostly there...

Thread Information