Last Online
    Today @ 03:24 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,582 Times in 3,461 Posts

New Osama Tape

Purported new bin Laden tape surfaces
    Voice criticizes Saudi Arabian regime
    Thursday, December 16, 2004 Posted: 6:06 AM EST (1106 GMT)

(CNN) -- A new audiotape purportedly from Osama bin Laden appeared on Arabic Web sites Thursday, with the voice on the tape saying the current instability in Saudi Arabia is due to the regime there.

The quality of the recording is poor, but al Qaeda expert Paul Eedle says the voice seems to be that of bin Laden.

It could not be immediately determined when the tape was recorded. Experts are examining the recording in an attempt to authenticate it.

A Saudi group linked to al Qaeda had claimed responsibility for a December 6 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, in which at least five employees and four attackers were killed.

The claim of responsibility for the Jeddah attack was posted on several Islamist Web sites often used by militants.

A U.S. State Department official had also said that al Qaeda was suspected in the attack.

The Saudi Interior Ministry said the attackers threw explosives at two gates of the sprawling, walled consulate and then entered, exchanging fire with guards.

Asked who the gunmen were, a Saudi Interior Ministry official said they were "wanted" -- but it was unclear if they were al Qaeda members.

Saudi forces killed three of the gunmen and captured two others, both of whom were wounded, the Saudi Interior Ministry said. One of gunmen later died.

Five consular employees -- four local staff members and a contract guard -- were also killed. Four other local staff members were injured and recovering in hospitals, U.S. officials said.

The group that claimed responsibility called itself the Qaeda al Jihad in the Arabian Peninsula.

In the Internet post, the group said: "This operation comes as part of several operations that are organized and planned by al Qaeda as part of the battle against the crusaders and the Jews, as well as part of the plan to force the unbelievers to leave the Arabian Peninsula."

The group said its fighters "managed to enter one of the crusaders' big castles in the Arabian Peninsula and managed to enter the American consulate in Jeddah, in which they control and run the country."

It claimed the fighters killed nine employees of the consulate, including two Americans, and seven Saudi soldiers.

The U.S. Embassy said no Americans were killed or seriously injured.

The group said two of its fighters were killed and that others escaped unharmed.

After the Jeddah attack, President Bush said the incident showed "terrorists are still on the move" trying to get the United States to leave Saudi Arabia and Iraq.

In April, the State Department ordered "nonemergency employees and all dependents of the U.S. Embassy Riyadh and Consulates General Jeddah and Dhahran ... to leave the country," because of security concerns, and urged Americans to defer travel to the kingdom.

As recently as August, a vehicle from the U.S. Consulate in Jeddah was hit by gunfire from a single assailant while driving in the city. The two occupants of the vehicle -- the driver and a consulate American employee, were not injured in the attack.

Al Qaeda-led suicide attacks struck Riyadh housing compounds in May and July of 2003, killing 40 people, most of them Muslims.

In a videotape that aired in November, bin Laden's right-hand man pledged to continue fighting the United States until it changes its policies regarding Muslims.

Ayman al-Zawahiri, in tape broadcast by the Arabic-language Al-Jazeera television network, said there are two ways to deal with Muslims -- "either with respect, or as if our lives and property are available for you to invade."

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

lucky wilbury
    Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    The quality of the recording is poor, but al Qaeda expert Paul Eedle says the voice seems to be that of bin Laden.

a poor quality tape! now theres a shocker!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2016 @ 01:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,110 Times in 2,874 Posts

Originally posted by lucky wilbury
    a poor quality tape! now theres a shocker!

Yeah, not too many state-of-the-art recording studios in CAVES!!:p

lucky wilbury
    see the wheres osama thread on this. every other non obl audio tape is really good but his are just shit.

Atomic Jerk
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    09-12-2020 @ 06:51 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I like when we have a discussion and it comes around in the news right afterwards.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

CIA Say's It's Osama

CIA: New bin Laden tape likely al Qaeda leader
    Recording refers to recent attack in Jeddah
    Friday, December 17, 2004 Posted: 4:37 AM EST (0937 GMT)

(CNN) -- CIA officials said they have a "high degree of confidence" that the voice on the new, 70-minute-long, muffled audiotape is that of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

The tape showed up on Arabic Web sites Thursday, referring to the December 6 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

The voice on the tape says instability in Saudi Arabia is due to the kingdom's regime.

"While the struggle in Saudi Arabia appears to be internal, it is part of the struggle between believers and nonbelievers" of Islam, the speaker said.

Near the end of the tape, the speaker asks for God's blessings for "our brothers who stormed the American Consulate in Jeddah."

"We pray to Allah to accept the mujahedeen who stormed the U.S. Consulate in Jeddah as martyrs," the speaker says.

The tape also offers deep criticism of the Saudi royal family.

"Millions are suffering poverty, while riyals [Saudi currency] pour into the hands of the Saudi royal family," the speaker says.

Al Qaeda expert Paul Eedle, who said the voice on the tape appears to be that of bin Laden, said the main message of the recording is a call for the overthrow of the Saudi royal family.

"It's an enormously detailed piece of invective against the Saudi royal family and against other Arab rulers accusing them of being puppets of what Osama bin Laden calls a crusaders-Zionist alliance led by America, which is seeking to steal the wealth and occupy the lands of Muslims," Eedle said.

Eedle said bin Laden may have wanted to lend his voice to Thursday's planned protests in Riyadh and Jeddah against the Saudi royal family, which were organized by the Saudi opposition movement based in London.

Terrorism expert Peter Bergen said the 10-day period between the Jeddah attack and the release of the tape is the fastest turnaround that he can recall between a news event and a communication from bin Laden.

"It indicates to me a certain degree of security," Bergen said on CNN's "Live Today."

"After all, the chain of custody of these tapes is the one way to find bin Laden. He obviously feels secure enough that he can release a number of these tapes."

The last message from the al Qaeda leader came in a videotape appearing October 29 on the Arab-language television network Al-Jazeera. His top deputy, Ayman al-Zawahiri, spoke in an audiotape that aired November 29 on Al-Jazeera.

Bergen said by his count bin Laden and al-Zawahiri have released 29 messages since the September 11, 2001, attacks on the United States.

"It's extraordinary that the chain of custody of these tapes has not been traced back," Bergen said. "After all, they're releasing these tapes very frequently, on average once every six weeks, yet it seems that American intelligence agencies or other intelligence agencies are not capable of tracing back the source of these tapes."

White House spokesman Scott McClellan said the United States has made significant progress in the war on terrorism, "but the war continues."

"The terrorists will be defeated, and the civilized world will prevail in this global struggle of ideologies," McClellan said.

A Saudi militant group with ties to al Qaeda took responsibility for the Jeddah attack, posting its claim on several Islamist Web sites often used by militants.

Five consular employees -- four local staff members and a contract guard -- were killed. Four other local staff members were wounded.

Saudi forces killed three of the gunmen and captured two others, both of whom were wounded, the Saudi Interior Ministry said. One of the gunmen later died.

In April, the State Department ordered "nonemergency employees and all dependents of the U.S. Embassy Riyadh and Consulates General Jeddah and Dhahran ... to leave the country" because of security concerns and urged Americans to defer travel to the kingdom.

Al Qaeda-led suicide attacks struck Riyadh housing compounds in May and July 2003, killing 40 people, most of them Muslims.

CNN's David Ensor and Henry Schuster contributed to this report.

Atomic Jerk
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    09-12-2020 @ 06:51 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Re: CIA Say's It's Osama

"After all, the chain of custody of these tapes is the one way to find bin Laden. He obviously feels secure enough that he can release a number of these tapes."

"It's extraordinary that the chain of custody of these tapes has not been traced back," Bergen said. "After all, they're releasing these tapes very frequently, on average once every six weeks, yet it seems that American intelligence agencies or other intelligence agencies are not capable of tracing back the source of these tapes."

Exactly. I want answers. I want to know why the fuck the CIA can't infiltrate Al Jazeera. This is the most obvious way to catch him. Lucky, what the fuck man?

lucky wilbury
    if the cia went and tried to get people into al jazeera i shit you not when i say this but people like the aclu and every liberal group would scream about how bush is trying to stop free speech. but then again it the qataris had people in there and feed stuff back to us that would be fine

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 07:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 823 Posts

Originally posted by ODShowtime
    I like when we have a discussion and it comes around in the news right afterwards.

the bce is onto you guys.....

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by lucky wilbury
    if the cia went and tried to get people into al jazeera i shit you not when i say this but people like the aclu and every liberal group would scream about how bush is trying to stop free speech. but then again it the qataris had people in there and feed stuff back to us that would be fine
    I don't believe that. I think it is simply no that easy to fine reliable operatives in that section of the world, with the proper street cred that is.

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-09-2013 @ 06:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I don't believe that. I think it is simply no that easy to fine reliable operatives in that section of the world, with the proper street cred that is.
    Actually, I believe you both. I think there is a problem with finding someone with credibibility in that part of the world. However, if we ever did get someone from the CIA to infilitrate al-Jazeera, the ACLU and other liberal groups would raise all kinds of hell on the free speech issue. Do you deny this? Hmm? Cock would be on here with his chubby little digits typing as fast as he could.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-10-2015 @ 11:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Really fatso, "chubby", hahahaha....anywho, you're obsessoin with me is stilll quite disturbing.... Iraq is waiting for you....

lucky wilbury
    the qataris are in there. in sept after that al zawhari tape came out they said and obl tape is coming shortly. i forgot to say last night is that we have tracked the chain of people back to a cetain extent. think of it this way if it takes 10 people to get a tape out 7 of those 10 have been id. that would be the last 7 in the chain. the first three seem to keep being changed so if there is a tail on number 8 a new number 8 takes the place in the chain and it continues but 9 and 10 stay the same unless they think there is an id on them then they change but the others don't and on and on like that

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

CIA doesn't need to infiltrate Al Jazeera. Mossad's had that covered from day one.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
    Actually, I believe you both. I think there is a problem with finding someone with credibibility in that part of the world. However, if we ever did get someone from the CIA to infilitrate al-Jazeera, the ACLU and other liberal groups would raise all kinds of hell on the free speech issue. Do you deny this? Hmm? Cock would be on here with his chubby little digits typing as fast as he could.
    How do you know we haven't infiltrated Mossad? Under Clinton, it was claimed the CIA had low-level operatives inside al-Qaida.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

How do you know we haven't infiltrated Mossad? Under Clinton, it was claimed the CIA had low-level operatives inside al-Qaida.
    Since the CIA and Mossad are partners, there's really no need for infiltration from one to the other there. And Al Qaeda was founded by the BCE/CIA as the Afghan Mujahadeen, so pretty much the same thing there. Since Tim Osman (a.k.a. Osama Bin Laden) himself was a veteran CIA operative, I doubt he'd stand for any infiltration in his company IF it's true that Al Qaeda is no longer affiliated with BCE/CIA.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by FORD
    Since the CIA and Mossad are partners, there's really no need for infiltration from one to the other there. And Al Qaeda was founded by the BCE/CIA as the Afghan Mujahadeen, so pretty much the same thing there. Since Tim Osman (a.k.a. Osama Bin Laden) himself was a veteran CIA operative, I doubt he'd stand for any infiltration in his company IF it's true that Al Qaeda is no longer affiliated with BCE/CIA.
    Ooops! Time for Nick to take a nappy! I meant the CIA infiltrating al-Jazzera. Everyone knows that it is Mossad that has operatives in the CIA. My bad.

Ford, the old Afghan Mujahadeen and al-Qaida are two different entities though al-Qaida is no doubt an outgrowth of the skills they learned fighting the Soviets. The CIA did not "found" them. They rebelled prior to the Soviet invasion in 1979. Things fell off track as the CIA pumped in money through the Pakistani ISI and allowed the Saudis to fund the most extreme elements of the Mujahadeen (bin Laden's boys), which was never a totally unified, monolithic group.

I found the Timmy Osman link:

Last edited by Nickdfresh; 12-18-2004 at 01:54 PM.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by DLR'sCock
    Really fatso, "chubby", hahahaha....anywho, you're obsessoin with me is stilll quite disturbing.
    Don't flatter yourself, baldy. I just consider you a leader among leftist whacko's with little intelligence who post on this board. There are lefties with intelligence who do.

... Iraq is waiting for you....
    After you...I've done my time over there. What have you ever done for your country besides run your mouth?
    Last edited by BigBadBrian; 12-18-2004 at 05:22 PM.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by FORD
    CIA doesn't need to infiltrate Al Jazeera. Mossad's had that covered from day one.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-10-2015 @ 11:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
    Don't flatter yourself, baldy. I just consider you a leader among leftist whacko's with little intelligence who post on this board. There are lefties with intelligence who do.

Considering what piece of shit you are, 99.99999999999999% of the population would consider that a compliment.

After you...I've done my time over there. What have you ever done for your country besides run your mouth?
    Well, how about 13 years of working at my local hospital, providing healthcare for the citizens of where I live and actually helping people directly. Paying my taxes and not crying about it like some PUSSIES do, and participating and being active in one way or another in my local politics. Not that I give two fucking shits what you think, but you in Iraq would be a good thing. You should really think about it.

Speaking of mouth, it's time for you to use the mouth wash again, because the shit stench coming out of your mouth is more rancid than usual.

Thread Information