• Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

What ??

Comment

• David Lee God

God! that was just the worst. Compare it to 10 years earlier when he was on Letterman and without doubt the biggest and best Rock Star in the world.

I'm actually glad the show flopped and DLR snapped out of it.

VERY difficult to watch my Hero looking so lost after so many interviews where the man is just the coolest fucker ever. Didn't EVH say he cried when he saw how far DLR had sunk?

Still I suppose it would make for a great movie one day!!!!!

Comment

• Big Troubles
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Feb 2004

I agree. That was the worst interview with Dave Ive ever seen. He had a few one liners, which was cool. But for the most part when the host, and the entire audience doesn't laugh when they're suppose to, and laugh when they are not...Theres a problem. I hated Robin Williams there too. He kept interrupting Dave when Dave was telling his "you know, I had a car like that once" story.. Im sure Dave watches it and cries too BTW...And besides that, Has Eddie ever seen or heard himself latley? Jesus H Christ, that man is a pale image of what he was in 1984. Look back at the '95 Van Hagar promotion interviews. The guy was full of himself and shit. Then look at Eddie's interviews with bro Al after the '96 fiasco. Drunk, stoned and full of lies.
        "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• VHLINKS_ROCKSx2

hit on 17. . . im thinkin' chicks.

Comment

• Sarge
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

Originally posted by Big Troubles
            Im sure Dave watches it and cries too BTW

Dave doesn't give a shit
            The guy is a complete rockstar
            ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
            The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
            [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• Big Troubles
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Feb 2004

No maybe cries is a bit strong. Im sure Dave doesn't cry over shit like that. But, I am sure he would consider that particular interview as being a real shit stinker. His clothes were aweful, his hair was shockingly short, his rambling was everlasting, and when he did make a point, or crack a joke, Robin "steal the spotlight" Williams was right there to cast the Black Cloud over Dave and swing the sun his way. Dave hasn't been on Leno since has he? What was the last American/Canadian Talk Show Dave was on and when? (Carson Daly 2002?)
              "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• NathanRay
                Head Fluffer
                • Feb 2004

I was one of the three guys in detroit '99 front row center with the eat 'em and smile make up on, The long hair, and my two partners Hated Dave and were dissappointed after the backstage passes went to the chicks. I was the only one who got it and appreciated Dave based on his accomplishments and I went on to see him with Hagar in 2002. I'm still a fan. But It makes me sick to hear all this Limp Wristed Pissin' and Moanin' from you guys over the interview. You sound like my buddies after the concert. I'm almost havin a flashback. Are We taking this to StarWars-Like Fandom??? Dave ain't no prequill as He will still Drop-kick the DeathStar. Don't Be sguare. Any of you border Faggy Hagar Fans Want to Know if Dave is still Diamond?????? Well just listen to the July 03 house of Blues Boots from on this site.

DLR Fan For Lysife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                N-Werd What?
                "It's just not an option for me to go and watch some other band — who are only performing because they have some new record coming out — do our music," Roth said. "I have nothing against Velvet Revolver — I'm not familiar with their music — but that was my 3 minutes and 22 seconds up there."
                Roth Keeps it REEEEAL

Originally posted by Antman
                Fuck Alex Van Halen. That mongoloid Mr. Spock looking mother fucker.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Feb 2004

Relax Star Wars geek. This thread is based on the Jay Leno interview he did in 1995 promoting his Vegas show. We are discussing why it was the drizzling shits that night for Dave. Not if. But why. Cause it was. It was an off eve for the Diamond One. We are not talking about the tour of '99 four tears after the fact. Were not talking about his make up. Were certainly not talking about loving Hagar in any sense of the fucking word. And yes, we all know and love the boots from the site. Which we've been enjoying for quite a bit longer than when your rebel forces from the death star dragged your ass in here. So speak not- You've been told.

Comment

• Sarge
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

Real men dont cry anyways.
                    Unless they are in combat and they lose a buddy or their dog dies
                    ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
                    The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
                    [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• thefive

Here is my take on Dave. Dave is half cheese/half Fonzie. (cool).

You take one away and it isn"t Dave. That is what makes Dave so
                      interesting.

thefive

Comment

• Big Troubles
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Feb 2004

I dunno if Id throw the word "cheese" at Dave or anywheres in the Army. Sammy is the only CheeseHead I know in the game of rock and rape and roll.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Sarge
                          Real men dont cry anyways.
                          Unless they are in combat and they lose a buddy or their dog dies
                          you forgot kicked in the balls. thats worth crying for. and the day Dave left the group. I shed a few.

Comment

• NathanRay
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Feb 2004

Dang Troubles your gonna make me cry now. Speaking here to say may'be I jumped the gun here and thanks but I get worried when people are critical of dave. OFF Night is the key word. I feel much more relaxed now. Ok constructive critisim is alright. My apologies to all whom I've snapped at and dissed in the process. I am enjoying this site I just think the world of Dave.
                            "It's just not an option for me to go and watch some other band — who are only performing because they have some new record coming out — do our music," Roth said. "I have nothing against Velvet Revolver — I'm not familiar with their music — but that was my 3 minutes and 22 seconds up there."
                            Roth Keeps it REEEEAL

Originally posted by Antman
                            Fuck Alex Van Halen. That mongoloid Mr. Spock looking mother fucker.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Feb 2004

Yeah Im the same way. No sweat. It was an off night for sure for Dave. Not a horrible one. But I do place a lot of blame on the non-funny Leno and over the top spotlight stealing Williams.
                              Everything is cool again....

Comment

• Chong Li
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Jan 2004

I watched the interview. Havent heard the clip as I have zero interest in his Vegas era.

But I think you guys are overreacting. Yeah, Dave didnt make alot of sense, but he rarely does. I thought he was just being Dave. I also thought Robin Williams was just being helpful.

Really, it wasnt that bad.
                                "Can't you hear Jamies cryin? Shes runnin with the Devil oh nooooo!!! oh no!

Comment

Working...