X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sarge
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

David Lee Roth Leno Performance And Interview 1995

These two clips feature Diamond Dave singing California Girls with the Mambo Slammers from 1995 and a short interview by Jay Leno. This performance was to hype his upcoming Vegas shows. Dave caught some flack for this performance and interview because he was "over the top" in some of his comments. The performance was pure Dave and can kind of give you an idea of what his Vegas show was like.

DOWNLOAD HERE
    ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
    The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
    [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]
  • Sarge
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

Fuck Robin Williams By The Way!

Comment

• Catfish

The performance is cool, and had the spirit of Dave’s Vegas show (I saw one of them live, at Bally’s in ’95). I love how Leno followed the women off the stage at the end. Very cool.

But the interview was a fucking disgrace. I recall Entertainment Weekly saying that DLR’s appearance was the worst celebrity talk show appearance of the year. Ouch! His jokes weren’t even funny that night. A total disaster. Those watching that night who didn’t know better could have only thought Dave was washed up. It HURT to watch this, and I defend almost everything the man does.

What made it worse what that Dave had to go on after Robin Williams. Like him or not, he’s a tough act to follow in the energy/laughs department.

Comment

• The Knockz
        Banned
        • Jan 2004

i dont stop by this place too often anymore but whaddafukkin' nice surprise.
        Sarge is still the King of the Hill in my book and he has a nice set of downloads.
        Roth On

The Knockz

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

both clips are the same...no interview!!!
          Roth Army Icon
          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• pete
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
            both clips are the same...no interview!!!
            got yer back sarge

interview

thanks sarge. been wanting to get an idea of what that was about

Comment

• george
              Roadie
              • Feb 2004

I didn't think the Cali Girls performance was that bad...

Comment

• Foozwah
                Roadie
                • Jan 2004

I must be missing something, 'cos I didn't think the interview was that bad. Okay, the last joke pretty much fell flat (Did it actually make any sense? It seemed like a punch-line with no setup.), but all the others got pretty good laughs. (And I enjoyed the VH slagging, even if the audience didn't.)

I'm not just knee-jerk defending Dave, btw. Maybe it's just because of some of the comments, and I went in expecting the worst, something really embarassing and fucked up, but I thought it was okay.

Comment

• flappo
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by The Knockz
                  i dont stop by this place too often anymore but whaddafukkin' nice surprise.
                  Sarge is still the King of the Hill in my book and he has a nice set of downloads.
                  Roth On

The Knockz
                  ..cun't think why , cun't you ?

Comment

• Catfish

Originally posted by Foozwah
                    I must be missing something, 'cos I didn't think the interview was that bad. Okay, the last joke pretty much fell flat (Did it actually make any sense? It seemed like a punch-line with no setup.), but all the others got pretty good laughs. (And I enjoyed the VH slagging, even if the audience didn't.)

I'm not just knee-jerk defending Dave, btw. Maybe it's just because of some of the comments, and I went in expecting the worst, something really embarassing and fucked up, but I thought it was okay.
                    Dood, when Leno looks over at Williams with a "what the fuck?" expression and then calmly places his hand on Dave's shoulder and says, "I think someone needs to change YOUR bong water..." homey ain't makin' no sense.

Comment

• Golden AWe
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

I didn't understand the last story at all, the one about "never miss the 17th"-thing or something...otherwise I feel he was very funny...

Jay Leno always has a fake laugh anyway, he's not that funny as he wants to be...
                      Originally posted by Cato
                      Golden, why are you FAT?
                      Originally posted by lesfunk
                      Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                      http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Catfish

Was that the "say two Hail Marys and never hit on 17" joke? Referring to blackjack...

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

I refuse to watch it...

I was sick for two years after I saw original airing...

Comment

• Sarge
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

Shit sorry about that busted interview link.. I fixed it..

Comment

• NathanRay
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Feb 2004

Nothing Wrong With Daves interview. In case you ain't noticed More than half he sez Needs a double take or Doesn't Make complete sense. That's Where the Rothisms come from. He often attacks conversation from left field. He puts things in a unique way to show you a glimpse of his world.

Dave Does Dave and sometimes the Squares fall Flat of Diggin' that Fact.
                              "It's just not an option for me to go and watch some other band — who are only performing because they have some new record coming out — do our music," Roth said. "I have nothing against Velvet Revolver — I'm not familiar with their music — but that was my 3 minutes and 22 seconds up there."
                              Roth Keeps it REEEEAL

Originally posted by Antman
                              Fuck Alex Van Halen. That mongoloid Mr. Spock looking mother fucker.

Comment

Working...