Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Van Halen could've made it without Roth

©Ramblings by Rogue® Inc.
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    RogueHorseman® resides at the scenic Double Cross Ranch in sunny Riveria Paradise
    Status
    Originally posted by Brett
    I would look from time to time, it was always higher than here and my site, by a lot. The last few months, we've all caught up. This site was pretty well known, I'm not surprised it got back up to speed that quickly. The official site was pretty substantial when they had the PD running on it.
    Oh yes, the Pleasure Dome... I had forgotten all about that, so I'm sure they were ranking big with that traffic.
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Bret you're off your damn rocker

Like I said before you're a typical guitar player who worships Eddie. You just don't understand that the majority of VH fans buying albums and going to concerts were not guitar players. PERIOD. And yes I saw VH in 84' 2 times in 2 different cities (in the same state) and the crowd was totally going apeshit for ROTH. And no they were not into Eddie in the same way. Funny, I remember going to Daytona Beach around 83' or so and seeing a VH Tshirt with a picture of ONLY DLR on the front with the VH logo on it. I NEVER REMEMBER SEEING ANYTHING LIKE THAT with just a picture of Eddie on the front. Brett your agenda is plain for everyone to see. Problem is it's a joke. Vhagar were not comparable to VAN HALEN. And everyone who remembers 78-84 VH knows the real truth about who the star was in that band. Guitarists who worship Eddie don't have a f'ing clue and they never will. Revise history my ass, I'm recounting the truth. When DLR left VH they went from selling 6 million albums to selling 3 million albums. And a sold out tour to a tour that had plenty of cities with tix still remaining at showtime. VH NEVER sold out my home town after ROTH left and they stopped coming alltogether after the disappointing turnout of the FUCK tour. The Monsters Of Rock tour in 88' was suppose to be a yearly event when they first decided to put it together. After the disaster of the Vhagar led tour they scrapped that idea quickly. If you don't realize that a ROTH/VH led MORock tour would have been much bigger than I PITY YOU. I knew many of my friends who stopped going to Vh shows after ROTH left and many others who talked of the disappointment of seeing them with hagar while lamenting that the magic was gone. VH's legacy is with ROTH, and greatly because of him. Every news article I saw about this "reunion" tour had something to say about ROTH and most of them were campaigning for his return. Many even made fun of the hagar led lineup. If Eddie were as important as you claim this wound't happen. And it wouldn't matter who the singer was. But we all know the real truth. ROTH comes back for a short while in 96' and the greatest hits album debut's at #1 and ends up going double platinum. The rumored tour is the talk of the industry and the rock public. hagar comes back (with your idol Eddie) and the album barely goes gold despite 3 new tracks and the tour has disappointing results to say the least not even averaging 9,000 per night. Yeah Brett, it's all about Eddie.
    DLR/VH IS JUST BETTER

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh whatever dude, I understand fucking perfectly, I was all of 13, hardly a typical guitar player worshipping Ed. I didn't even know how to play you dummy, I was a fucking kid. I didn't know from anything like that. I was a fan of the band, there wasn't all this retarded anger in 1984. Nobody went to school and said "Dave rules, Eddie sucks, it's Dave's band." That's something that morons say in 2004, creating pretend drama about the fans' perception of the band in 1984.

What agenda? Dude seriously what are you talking about? I am not even talking post-Dave shit. Are you trying to pick a fight with me for some reason? Who the fuck is arguing VH was better with Sam? Dork.

Your point is to say VH was all about Dave, nobody cared about Ed, or anything else. Right? Ok then. Well you're wrong, and you're either stupid, or just plain saying shit to drive a stupid argument.

And what is your hometown? Certainly not LA. VH sold out plenty of times with Sam here, so just drop that stupid argument. Not even sure why you're even making that argument. I know you can't help yourself, but at least try to tell the truth once in a while.
    Last edited by Brett; 12-29-2004 at 04:30 PM.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

funny

when you give the herd numbers/stats/ and specific examples to make a point they resort to name calliing. CLASSIC. They don't like to hear about vh's failures post DLR. I guess I wouldn't either If I didn't know my ass from a hole in the ground and thought that Eddie was as big as ROTH 78-84. Like I said CLASSIC.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What do you mean as big? The band was big, Eddie's talent was recognized and emulated by a herd of players. People loved watching Dave's antics. My god, get a grip.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No truth what happens is you can't stand when anyone with a half brain reacts to your ridiculous rants and calls you on it. I'm sorry I'm not sucking your DLR-knob like the rest of this board does. But you say things that are just naueastingly bullshit in nature. "Dave was the whole band, nobody cared about Eddie." Yeah ok, keep believing that. Like any of that stupid inter-fan animosity existed amongst the fan base 25 years ago.

When you post stats and they're right, I say all the time, yep. When you go on these self-serving rants that are so full of silly anger and over-exaggeration, then I respond. Stop whining about it.

Of course, just remember, you were the first to say this tour wasn't Top 10 man, even though I said by sheer raw numbers it had to be. You didn't tell the truth then did you? Don't spin it, just admit you didn't really know the correct info at first, because VH was left out of the article.
    Last edited by Brett; 12-29-2004 at 04:42 PM.

Banned
    Ook Can This Be Glove?
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You silly tard.
    YOU LIMPWRISTED LISPER.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Actually I posted

Actually I posted info that Blabbermouth posted as being a list from Billboard Magazine. A list that is still on Blabbermouth's site right now. And I said so at the time. As for the rest like I said before, you're a Eddie nut licker. Obvious to everyone here. I never said Eddie was unimportant (LIE --naughty boy). But like I said before, VH lost half of the sales they enjoyed from 1984 to 5150. The tour for 5150 was less successful, and I still have NEVER encountered anyone who remembers VH t shirts with only pictures of Eddie on them between 78-84 when ROTH was in the band. When ROTH was in VH it was mostly about ROTH in the press. Same thing in 96' while it lasted. You just hate it because you swing from Eddie's balls and probably believed everything he said post 85'a about the original breakup. You've invested a good chunk of your life in Eddie VH, you can't admit you were wrong now. Trust me I get it. FOOL.

SHEEP PEN Yahweh
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No truth what happens is you can't stand when anyone with a half brain reacts to your ridiculous rants and calls you on it. I'm sorry I'm not sucking your DLR-knob like the rest of this board does. But you say things that are just naueastingly bullshit in nature. "Dave was the whole band, nobody cared about Eddie." Yeah ok, keep believing that. Like any of that stupid inter-fan animosity existed amongst the fan base 25 years ago.

When you post stats and they're right, I say all the time, yep. When you go on these self-serving rants that are so full of silly anger and over-exaggeration, then I respond. Stop whining about it.

Of course, just remember, you were the first to say this tour wasn't Top 10 man, even though I said by sheer raw numbers it had to be. You didn't tell the truth then did you? Don't spin it, just admit you didn't really know the correct info at first, because VH was left out of the article.

Okay, look, this is RIDICULOUS. Brett did NOTHING wrong here as far as I can tell. Some asshole posted in pretending to be him, to give him grief, and everyone on this site jumped at the chance.

Do I agree with his taste in music? No. Do I like his site? No, it's a little too much of a pian the ass to deal with, as others have noted. and, BTW, thetruthbaby, you've nailed how i feel about the whole thing.

But he's a good guy, who does take his free time to provide a service - a FREE service for his peers and fellow fans. You want him to come here and start pretedning to be somehting he's not? All he's done is defend himself, his (inexplicable) taste in music, and RESPOND to some of the accusations thorwn at him.

Do I know this guy? No. Am I a member on his site? Lord, no. am i glad he comes here occasionally and shares his point of view? ABSOLUTELY: moreso than some of the racist, misogynistyic, anti-semitic (and that makes a lot fo sense on a dave ROTH site) members on this board.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What's obvious is I backed you into a corner with your silly rant, and now you're mad. I know what you posted from Blabbermouth, but it wasn't very accurate was it? So it really wasn't the complete truth as you claimed it was, was it?

Shirts with Eddie on them during the Dave era? Hmm....dude I was too young back then to remember what shirts they had. I can't really remember that many apart from the ones that had VH logos on them, or the '82 'Sheep' tour shirts. If you say there were no Ed shirts, ok then there weren't. No sure what that proves, but ok.

No you said when you went to school to talk about the show, it was all about Dave. I say bull-fucking-shit to that. There wasn't this division in the fan base that there is now, where you felt you had to take a side. There was no fucking side to take.

Dave was in the press? I would hope so, he was the fucking singer of one of rock's biggest acts and a great spokesman for the band. Who the fuck is denying that? Ed got his fair share of press from the guitar nerds, I realize to you that doesn't make his contributions worthy of much, that he was revered by such losers and musicians, but whatever. I forgot that chicks who wanted to suck Dave's dick after the show are the legitimate fans that matter to you.

Banned
    Ook Can This Be Glove?
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    VAN HALEN COULD NOT HAVE MADE IT WITHOUT ROTH

DAVE AND NATHAN FUNDED VAN HALEN

NATHAN PAID FOR AND PERSONALLY PROMOTED VAN HALEN AT ALL THOSE PASADENA CIVIC SHOWS

ED AND AL COULDN'T AFFORD BICYCLE TIRE PATCHES TO SHOW UP FOR PRACTICE, YOU QUEEN OF CUNTS

NATHAN PICKED THEM UP OR ROTH BORROWED NATHANS CAR TO PICK THEM UP TO REHEARSE AT WHERE???

TO REHEARSE AT THE ROTH HOUSE

NOT ANYWHERE ELSE
    NOT BY NOBODY ELSE
    NOT WITH ANYONE ELSE'S MONEY
    VIDEOED BY NOT ANYONE ELSE'S CAMERA BUT NATHANS

VAN HALEN COULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED
    VAN HALEND DID NOT HAPPEN
    VAN HALEN WOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED EVER

WITHOUT ROTH

NOW SAY IT WITH ME BRETT I APOLOGIZE

I WAS TOO YOUNG TO EVEN KNOW THE VAN HALEN OF THE SEVENTIES WAS A SHIT BAND WITHOUT ROTH BECAUSE ALL I SEE ON MTV IS EDDIE-EDDIE-EDDIE AND IM BLIND TO ALL OTHER FACTS AND IM SORRY

BC!!
    MERRY FUCKING XMAS YERSELF

Banned
    Ook Can This Be Glove?
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    CUNT

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That was really dumb.

Oh and at 31, you knew even less than me about VH in the seventies little boy.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Bret the tool strikes again

Like I said, to people who were old enough to remember -VH in the mainstream was mostly about Dave during his tenure. And fuck yes most of the people who talked about the shows the next day were talking about ROTH, not some fingering technique that Eddie VH did during his solo nimrod. What you CONTINUALLY fail to realize is that guitarists do not make up the majority of VH fans. Not even half. Eddie has a pretty significant loyal legion of guitar fans, but you do not sell nearly 6 million copies in a year and a half (1984's numbers) to guitar players. Not even remotely close. And if you saw them in L.A. then you need to realize that L.A. is the entertainment capital of the world. There are a lot more musicians in L.A. (and have been) than in ANY other place in the U.S. with the possible exception of NYCity. So it's not comparable at all with the rest of the country. I saw VH 2 times in Nashville TN and Knoxville TN on 1984 and it was more about DLR than Eddie, EASILY. And my cousin saw them in Indianapolis on 1984 and said the same thing. Sold out in advance and the crowd completely in the palm of DLR's hand. I don't know what in the hell you think you remember but DLR was THE star of the band. Period. I was there for the entire tenure. Eddie was important but DLR was the king of the rock world. Once DLR left, Eddie took more of the spotlight. Everyone who was old enough to remember knows this is true. FOOL.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yes I'm in LA, we are the rulers of the world here. Thanks for letting me in on the obvious. After 34 years here, I was a little unsure.

Dork at 13, do you think I was running to school to talk to my friends about Eddie's fingering technique after a show? I might have needed to know how to play guitar first of all, and understood anything about it. Stupid ass. I probably said something like, "Wow the show was great, Dave looked cool and was funny, Eddie played cool stuff." And guess what fucker, I was the one buying the albums and watching MTV. You know who MTV's target audience was? Me, my age group. And I'm telling you that to a 13-year old fan, the whole band was cool. If you can't handle that, well then too fucking bad.

I didn't say ALL VH fans were musicians, jesus man. You just make it out to be that anyone who was one was some turd who didn't matter, and couldn't possibly have an opinion on the band that didn't involve sucking Dave's yank. But the stupid whore blowing Dave backstage for some blow....now she matters.

Again, let me clarify, because you obviously can't read, so I will repeat it for the 200th time. When I saw VH live in 1984, I wasn't a musician, I was a 13-year old pre-teen who liked their music. Yes Dave had the crowd going, and it was as spectacle, but I still didn't go to school next day and go on and on about how great Dave was, as if it was the only thing that mattered. I said the show was cool, the band was cool. It was pretty fucking simple back then. And I was there the whole "tenure" as well, just a little younger than most.

I heard ya missed us...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Bret
    I proclaim the Van Halen could have made it without David Lee Roth! Its about Eddie (time)! LOL!

I make much advertising money at my website (www.vhlinks.com)

Please visit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A) I know the real BRETT. This guys a fake. The real Brett's not really a bad guy, I can attest to it.

B) Faking someone else, anyone else's name, is a major wuss thing to do.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh please I don't give a shit guys, it makes for some good arguments on here. I haven't had much desire to fight over this dumb band in a long time, so at least it did that. I appreciate the support, but you needn't defend me.

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Red face

The only people that defend this twirp are the sheep from the links that post here. I've heard the same rumblings about this loser that he has always said Van Halen would've made it without Dave. Keep living in that dream world moron. I cannot believe the good poeple that run this board have not booted your dumb ass off it yet.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LOL, you've been hearing rumblings. And who the fuck are you? And I care why?

Hey Engine_Room, you're a sheep. Bet you didn't know that.

Poj, this broad is right, time to fucking ban me already. I mean come the fuck on!
    Last edited by Brett; 12-29-2004 at 07:06 PM.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hey Brett,

I haven't seen you this involved in a VH conversation in a looooooong time. That's pretty funny. How were your holidays, good I hope?

Anyway, back to the crowd.

I also saw Halen live in '84 and I initially DID want to go cos of Eddie cos I played guitar a bit. However, after the show I did happen to walk out more of a Dave fan cos I felt he owned the show. My bitterness towards the other three never came into play until they hired Hagar. That's neither here nor there but I didn't walk out saying that Dave was better than the band cos back then I had just gone to see "Van Halen" if that makes any sense? That is STILL the best concert that I've EVER seen in my life and I've seen a lot.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I haven't really felt like talking VH in a long time. Morons like TrollGirlBoy above reminded me why.

Dude holidays ain't over yet, don't rush it. Yeah they were cool I suppose. Hope all is well over there.

And your comment makes total sense, and is exactly on par with what I said before. Glad someone else can be reasonable. Oh but wait, Lou thinks you're just a kiss ass I'm sorry, you can't possibly have an opinion on this that might agree with me. Nobody had any ill-will towards Ed until Dave left the band, Van Halen fans weren't pro-Dave or pro-Ed, they were just VH fans. The fact that Dave kicked ass at a show, didn't mean fans were walking around saying Eddie sucks. That came in 1986.
    Last edited by Brett; 12-29-2004 at 07:26 PM.

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LOL, you've been hearing rumblings. And who the fuck are you? And I care why?

Hey Engine_Room, you're a sheep. Bet you didn't know that.

Poj, this broad is right, time to fucking ban me already. I mean come the fuck on!
    Hey honey, the only rumblings you would feel is the tip of my thigh high boots cracking your balls. It seems you don't get enough attention on that bogus Sammy Hagar web site you run so we have to read your bullshit here knowing you can get away with it.

Check that out, one sheep calling out another sheep. :confused:

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I have no problems whatsoever with Sammy Hagar being in Van Halen so long as he doesn't sing.

He's got excellent rhythm, he plays a red guitar and various latin percussion instruments such as the triangle, agogo bells, tambourine and I believe I've even seen pix of him shaking maracas.

I simply do not like his fucking voice, okay. Fuck that stupid troll-ass.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

It's about time someone's talking sense here...christ...

now where is that fucking ban button...

Finally...after 5 years...someone sets me straight....
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    He's got excellent rhthym????

lmfao...

from one white dude to another...

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It took a fucking dopey user with a chick flapping her tits in the air to make you see the light. Who the fuck knew!

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Gar, you're a total dick, but you're a funny fucking guy.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What can I say...I see flapping tits...and it's over...

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yes Dave had the crowd going, and it was as spectacle, but I still didn't go to school next day and go on and on about how great Dave was, as if it was the only thing that mattered.
    Funny, you mention the very same "next-day-at-school" reaction about half the kids returning from US Festival had upon seeing VH live for the very first time.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well actually I think the '84 show I saw at the Forum was on a weekend, no school the next day.

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Gar, you're a total dick, but you're a funny fucking guy.
    You're funny too in a different way if you have pics of Hagar shaking maracas on your hard drive.

NO! Don't go running an "undelete" program to try to find 'em for an attached post: I see healing here with you my man.

Welcom to the light! Now go close your site and we'll make you a mod.. till you fuck it up for yourself...

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    What can I say...I see flapping tits...and it's over...
    Better than a flapping cock I suppose.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    We dumped Spanish Gay Guy as a mod a long time ago...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    He may have found that post thrilling and wonderful...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Damn Amanda Beard is hot...

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    He may have found that post thrilling and wonderful...
    Ever preach words of wisdom to the homeless? They don't listen unless you feed them first.

Not that I have any AuthoriTEH™ in the matter but you gotta throw him some kinda incentive to shutter his place with boards and For Sale sign the URL: and I tell you, I see healing here occuring Pojo - so lets not pick his scabs and feed them to him just yet.

He's a closet Rothian. Most EVH sheep are, anyways.. admittedly or not

I suck MY OWN COCK
    Gimme some ButtCrack, Bitch
    Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by GAR
    Ever preach words of wisdom to the homeless? They don't listen unless you feed them first.

Not that I have any AuthoriTEH™ in the matter but you gotta throw him some kinda incentive to shutter his place with boards and For Sale sign the URL: and I tell you, I see healing here occuring Pojo - so lets not pick his scabs and feed them to him just yet.

He's a closet Rothian. Most EVH sheep are, anyways.. admittedly or not
    I'M RICK JAMES, BITCH! ONE OF THE BADDEST MOTHERFUCKERS OF ALL TIME! ONE OF THE BEST SINGERS! ONE OF THE BEST LOOKING MOTHERFUCKERS OF ALL TIME!

ENJOY YOURSELF, BITCH!

David Lee Roth
    That was really dumb.

Oh and at 31, you knew even less than me about VH in the seventies little boy.
    Fuck off homo. We do not want any sycophant here!

SHEEP PEN Yahweh
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ugh. This is ridiculous.

I absolutely agree Eddie and Alex would never have found such major mainstream success (and the accompanying longevity) without Roth. But it was an absolutely SYMBIOTIC relationship: Dave found a muse within Eddie's virtuosity.

What Dave did with his hands and feet, Eddie expressed with his hands. It made for an absolutely unique one-two punch.

Yes, Dave was the absolute focal point on the 1984 tour. Ever think maybe that had something with him being gone by the next tour? Dave thought he had reached a point where he was bigger than the band, and Eddie I think was just happy to be able start getting his shitty synthesizer pop tunes released to the public.

As Dave himself said in his book, "is it Mick or Keith? I don't know." with CVH, it was a 97-97 deal.

Eddie was ABSOLUTELY EQUAL to Dave as a focal point in CVH. remember "Eruption"? remember Ed winning best guitarist polls for a million years in a row? remember Ed being considered by lots of girls in my high school to be the cute one in the band?

Now without Dave, VH would've been another Journey or Loverboy (or, at best, an exceptional Def Leppard): a pop band with a hot guitarist and a shitty, embarrassing singer, with a bunch of songs that just age BEYOND THE PALE badly.

Brett has expessed he is primarily an EDDIE fan: well, that's cool. Whatever we all think of Ed as a person, hey, apparently Roth thought high enough of Ed's musicianship to be in a band with him.

and, let's face it, if the band were to reconvene tomorrow, we'd all wet our pants and have a huge group high five.

Brett included.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Of course.

Thread Information