Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The NHL Lockout...does anyone REALLY CARE?

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-09-2017 @ 06:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I miss it the most on Saturday nights watching Hockey Night In Canada, instead the station plays lame ass movies, but life goes on, I am enjoying watching the Junior Tournament though, GO CANADA!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Originally posted by aesop
    Poj - Did you go to Grove City College? Do you still get to the Burgh to see any Pens games? It would be cool to meet some Army members down there for a game if and when they ever get back...Same to you Va...

...I'm pretty good at sneaking friends into the Igloo Club lol...A few years ago a friend and I spent the whole game partying with Marty Straka's girlfriend...While he scored 2 goals in the game...lmao!
    Always amicable to a road trip, I can't speak for that bastard Pojo though....
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

Originally posted by Full Bug
    I miss it the most on Saturday nights watching Hockey Night In Canada, instead the station plays lame ass movies, but life goes on, I am enjoying watching the Junior Tournament though, GO CANADA!
    Amen, as do I. I also miss Sabres play-by-play man Rick Jennerat though he called the Rochester Amerks game the other night!

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2014 @ 09:30 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Full Bug
    Me too FB. Hopefully, they'll get an agreement and we'll have a short season. IMO the players have nothing to gain by losing the season so let's hope sanity prevails.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 04:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Poj - Did you go to Grove City College? Do you still get to the Burgh to see any Pens games? It would be cool to meet some Army members down there for a game if and when they ever get back...Same to you Va...

...I'm pretty good at sneaking friends into the Igloo Club lol...A few years ago a friend and I spent the whole game partying with Marty Straka's girlfriend...While he scored 2 goals in the game...lmao!
    Grove City?...Good guess...but no...

I graduated from Slippery Rock with a Biology/Pre-physical therapy degree...

and spent many days at Grove City getting loaded with the many beautiful young ladies at GCC...fucking Slippery Rock being a fucking dry town because of their being ranked in the top 10 drinking schools in fucking Playboy...

lmfao...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yo Aesop...Va...just a thought...

Hopefully...this shit will clear itself next year...

but I'm thinking Va and I roll up there...catch a Saturday Pens game...and a Sunday Steelers game...

just a thought...

guwapo_rocker
    Originally posted by Rikk
    I'm in one of the craziest NHL towns there is. And I know some people that initially acted like it was the end of the world. But, like anything else, people are realizing that life goes on.

Me? I could give a fuck. Frankly, this is a great NFL season. And that's all I could ever give a fuck about.
    Burlington???? Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!:p

guwapo_rocker
    We did miss the Leafs here big time!! Not as much now,

people adjust. This was a huge chance for the Raptors to

step up with a huge market looking for entertainment but

you know...........

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I see the Rikk/guwapo battle continues...

lmfao...you two crack my ass up...

the sig is fucking hilarious by the way...

Rikk bro...that's some damaging shit...

are you running for office?

Lou
    That is a great sig isn't it? Though I wish that old one of the map showing where people with jobs are and where Rikk is would surface again.

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2016 @ 07:32 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I saw Gretzky play for the Kings against the Bruins at the Boston Garden...you could tell that he saw the entire ice surface and everything that was going on at the time...I also saw Lemieux on a few occasions at the Garden...Mario Lemieux was the best pure hockey player that ever played the game. This I will not argue about. Hands down, number one.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-30-2011 @ 12:21 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
    I saw Gretzky play for the Kings against the Bruins at the Boston Garden...you could tell that he saw the entire ice surface and everything that was going on at the time...I also saw Lemieux on a few occasions at the Garden...Mario Lemieux was the best pure hockey player that ever played the game. This I will not argue about. Hands down, number one.
    Wow...Good assessment, PA! Had Lemieux been healthy throughout his career, there would not even be a debate about it. Damn hodgekins and assorted other ailments.

Also he did not have the luxury of all those years with hal of famers like Gretz did in Edmonton.

Fox sports Pitt a few nights ago showed that game from 96 where Lemiuex had 5 goals and seven points against Gretzky's Blues...LMAO!!!! He could've easily had 10 points but they had dumb-asses like JJ Doughnut on their team that year... The great one met the GREATEST ONE!!!

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    Yo Aesop...Va...just a thought...

Hopefully...this shit will clear itself next year...

but I'm thinking Va and I roll up there...catch a Saturday Pens game...and a Sunday Steelers game...

just a thought...
    Hey I'm up for it!!! We'd probably have to scalp the tix for the Stillers next year...I think they might be hard to come by...

...I have several friends with tailgate passes, though...So we could raise some serious Army havock...

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    08-20-2016 @ 03:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Also he did not have the luxury of all those years with hal of famers like Gretz did in Edmonton.
    I follow you but I disagree. Just like the old argue that Joe Montana was surrounded by a great team. The team was great because of Montana.

Same way with Gretzky. He made other players better.

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
    I like you will not argue about it.

Wayne Gretzky was the greatest hockey player ever.

End of story.

Lou
    I care alot. I care because I don't want it to come back and I'm afraid it will.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

lmfao...Dave...Dave...Dave...

I'd have those 2 at the top...both interchangeable...

You'd have to have seen Gretzky in his prime...to make a real call on it...

There were things Gretzky could do, that Lemieux couldn't, and things that Lemieux could do, that Gretzky couldn't...

both at the top of their game...were the best that we've ever seen...

and both DAVE

had those intangibles you talked about...both made their teams better...and both won titles...

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Lou
    I care alot. I care because I don't want it to come back and I'm afraid it will.
    WTF???? LOL move to Utah then...

...Or maybe Oklahoma

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
    Same way with Gretzky. He made other players better.
    Maybe...and I'm admittedly biased...but if your arguement is true, why didn't Gretz win a cup in LA?

Or St. Louis?

I'll leave it at that.

Snoo
    Wow...Good assessment, PA! Had Lemieux been healthy throughout his career, there would not even be a debate about it. Damn hodgekins and assorted other ailments.

Fox sports Pitt a few nights ago showed that game from 96 where Lemiuex had 5 goals and seven points against Gretzky's Blues...LMAO!!!! He could've easily had 10 points but they had dumb-asses like JJ Doughnut on their team that year... The great one met the GREATEST ONE!!!
    And we had just gotten 'Doughnut' from St. Louis six days before for a sixth round pick.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Snoo
    And we had just gotten 'Doughnut' from St. Louis six days before for a sixth round pick.
    Yep...But they still almost make the finals that year...

...Damn Florida. Remember all those rats???

Snoo
    That fucking Florida series is forever burnt into my brain. We lost game six to the refs, not the Panthers, then Barrasshole forgetting how to stop shots from more than 35 feet away in the third period of (what should've never even happened) game seven. I'll also never forget repeatedly jumping out of my seat during game two of the Finals, when the Avs crushed them 8-1. When it was 5-0 and Forsberg took a shot that was deflected off the glass, then caromed back in front of the net and he tapped it in, I jumped so high in the living room I almost landed in the basement.

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Lou
    Jezze.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 685 Posts

The Lockout?!?!

What a shame. I was really hoping to see this one more time!

Rockin' The SouthWest
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-25-2014 @ 10:19 AM
    Status
    Thanks

The lockout? As a good friend of mine is fond of saying:

"FUCK THOSE GUYS!"

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

That fucking Florida series is forever burnt into my brain. We lost game six to the refs, not the Panthers, then Barrasshole forgetting how to stop shots from more than 35 feet away in the third period of (what should've never even happened) game seven. I'll also never forget repeatedly jumping out of my seat during game two of the Finals, when the Avs crushed them 8-1. When it was 5-0 and Forsberg took a shot that was deflected off the glass, then caromed back in front of the net and he tapped it in, I jumped so high in the living room I almost landed in the basement.
    LOL...I remember Barrasso getting pegged with 1,000 rats in the 3rd after another weak goal...He had to hide in the net...

...Not the greatest of memories for us Pens fans

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Link

Who can forget NO GOAL?:

Pro Ice Hockey
    Your Hockey Questions Answered

The Buffalo Sabres, the Dallas Stars and the famous "no goal."

I am new to hockey and a Dallas Stars fan. I keep hearing that they "stole" the Stanley Cup because of Bret Hull's skate position. What's the real scoop on that call?
    - Michelle, Dallas

There will never be an explanation to this one that satisfies everyone. But at risk of setting off tempers among Dallas Stars and Buffalo Sabres fans, here goes:

You're talking about the goal that won the 1999 Stanley Cup. Brett Hull scored in triple overtime of Game Six, giving Dallas a 2-1 victory over Buffalo and delivering the Stars their first championship.

The first thing you need to know is that the rule that caused all the trouble no longer exists. At the time, players were not allowed in the goalie's crease unless the puck was already there. Here's how the rule was worded:

"Unless the puck is in the goal crease area, a player of the attacking side may not stand in the goal crease. If a player has entered the crease prior to the puck, and subsequently the puck should enter the net while such conditions prevail, the apparent goal shall not be allowed."

This rule was strictly enforced, using video review. Players carrying the puck were allowed to take it into the crease and score (as long as they didn't interfere with the goalie), but if any other player on the attacking team arrived in the crease before the puck, it was no goal. This helped protect goalies from interference, but too many good goals were disallowed because players inadvertently had the toe of a skate in the crease before a teammate scored. It was a dumb, frustrating rule.

When Brett Hull scored his early morning Cup-winner in June, it looked like a classic case of no goal: Hull shoots, Hasek saves. The rebound bounces outside the crease. With his skate, Hull kicks the puck forward to his stick. But as he is kicking the puck, his left skate slides into the blue paint. If you freeze that moment, he's apparently guilty. Brett is in the crease, the puck isn't.

With his left skate planted in the crease, Hull shoots again. This time he scores. The Stars celebrate, the Sabres freak out.

So how did the NHL justify the decision to let the goal stand? Here's what Bryan Lewis, NHL Supervisor of Officials, had to say:

"A puck that rebounds off the goalie, the goal post or an opposing player is not deemed to be a change of possession, and therefore Hull would be deemed to be in possession or control of the puck, allowed to shoot and score a goal even though the one foot would be in the crease in advance of the puck.

"Hull had possession and control of the puck. The rebound off the goalie does not change anything. It is his puck then to shoot and score albeit a foot may or may not be in the crease prior to."

"Did he or did he not have possession and control? Our view was yes, he did. He played the puck from his foot to his stick, shot and scored."

So in the NHL's view, the entire sequence - shot, rebound, kick, second shot - constitutes one instance of "possesion" by Brett Hull. As long as he and the puck are one, his presence in the crease is not illegal.

I'm afraid that's as clear as I can make it. It's all very murky. Throughout the season, goals similar to Hull's had been disallowed. Considering all the evidence, I conclude that the league blew the call and then scrambled like hell to cover its ass.

So does that mean the Stars "stole" the Stanley Cup? Not at all. Officiating is not a science. Refereeing mistakes are as much a part of sport as knuckleballs, field goals and $250 souvenir jerseys. Argentina won soccer's World Cup on a goal that should have been called back. The Patriots needed a suspicious call to get to the Super Bowl. An umpire's mistake probably cost the St. Louis Cardinals a World Series.

It's not much comfort to Sabres' fans, but blown calls are part of the game. Nobody ever said justice was perfect.

Snoo
    Yeah, I remember that too of course, I was rooting for the Sabres...wasn't surprised when the celebration wasn't stopped.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by NightProwler
    The lockout? As a good friend of mine is fond of saying:

"FUCK THOSE GUYS!"
    Are you referring to the Owners or the Players...

...And don't say both...

Lou
    Gretzky today said the lockout could go on for another 1½ to 2 years.

This is great news for us hockey-haters.

Pretty soon Arena Football will be the fourth most popular professional sport.

teamaa104
    the nice thing about the strike is that now there will hopefully be more NBA and college hoops on

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Lou

You're a fucking hateful person. Most people who don't care for something don't even pay attention to it. As if it's not even there. I hate basketball, I don't care what the fuck goes on or if they strike. Whatever. If/when hockey returns you'll be pissed.

You need help.

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-09-2017 @ 06:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Lou
    Someone needs to crosscheck Lou into an oncoming dumptruck.....

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You're a fucking hateful person. Most people who don't care for something don't even pay attention to it. As if it's not even there. I hate basketball, I don't care what the fuck goes on or if they strike. Whatever. If/when hockey returns you'll be pissed.

You need help.
    He lives in Philly. You'd hate hockey too if you had to be a Flyers fan!

Rockin' The SouthWest
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-25-2014 @ 10:19 AM
    Status
    Thanks

flyers are STILL pissed that Detroit SWEPT them to win The Cup!

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

I hate basketball, I don't care what the fuck goes on or if they strike.
    That may be next year bro, I believe the NBA's CBA is up after this year....

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by NightProwler
    flyers are STILL pissed that Detroit SWEPT them to win The Cup!
    And they're still pissed that Kasparaitis knocked Lindros on his ass at the Igloo...

Never to be the same again...

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yup. If ANYBODY is still a Flyers fan after that BOOB Bobby Clarke RUINED that team..........

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And they're still pissed that Kasparaitis knocked Lindros on his ass at the Igloo...

Never to be the same again...
    I think Stevens got 'em first.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Lou

And making fun of Lou and his gay bit torrent posts will be the fifth most popular sport.

Thread Information