Thread: Def Leppard live (anybody got any?)

Marlowe01

Def Leppard live (anybody got any?)

anybody have any bootlegs from any of Def Leppard's tours? I'm especially looking for a 1987 bootleg from the Hysteria tour...my favorite album. Let me know what you've got.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2016 @ 07:32 PM
    Status
    Thanks

What a staggering response to Mr. Marlowe's request...

I have 'Rock Till You Drop' which is a flippin' sweet soundboard from 1983 at the LA Forum.

What do you have to trade? And how will I know it isnt Mp3 sourced?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Lou
    Well you know the answer to that. This idiot has nothing to trade, and he's not looking to trade even if he did have something to trade. He wants to sit there and download mp3's.

Stupid Monkey
    Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-31-2008 @ 01:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks

There was one posted on easytree today (Wed, 12 Jan 05). The show was from Donnington, 1980. I can't remember the exact date.

Lou
    Don't worry, he doesn't want that either. It's mp3 or the highway. And considering all that he's done for this community, he deserves to have people put this stuff up at his beck and call.

Stupid Monkey
    Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well, maybe with consistent prodding the lazy bastard will get off his/her/it's ass and search for the real stuff. I got back into actively looking for live recordings after coming here and finding all of the mp3s of real Van Halen.

(Not that I would trade them. They can be downloaded by any monkey with a computer here, so I shouldn't expect to get anything in return for them. I completely agree with you about not polluting the trading community, they should be presented and taken as samples of the joy of live DLR/Van Halen, not for trading with serious collectors. I digress.)

Because of your constant pissing and moaning about the mp3s, Lou, I found out about the bit torrent sites and their non-lossy-format goodness. I can still be lazy and download shows from tons of great bands that are perfect copies of the source recording, I just have to wait a little longer. I get a new show every couple of days. You can't fuck with that.

So maybe once he/she/it realizes that it is retardedly simple to use easytree, jamtothis, etc. then he/she/it will start to look elsewhere and stop starting these stupid threads asking people if they have shows. I'm sure that there are better sites to look for recordings of Def Leppard or Motley Crue than a website dedicated to exalting the prowess of Mr. Roth's contributions to Van Halen and his solo career.

Maybe I also expect too much from humans.

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2016 @ 07:32 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by victimofscience
    Maybe I also expect too much from humans.
    It is human nature to take the path of least resistance...even after they have been shown a better way...

Marlowe01
    No, I just expect/assume that some of the people that listen to early Van Halen and Roth's solo stuff are into those bands. Where am I wrong in thinking that? PLEASE tell me...if you can.

Stupid Monkey
    Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The thing is Marlowe01, if you check the history of the threads in this forum (bootleg corner), there is little trading/posting of shows by other bands in this forum. I can only remember an iron maiden show (mp3, rustoffa) and a motley crue show (mp3, forgot source). You may get more hits by posting in the "lesser music" forum for discussions about music by other artists than DLR/VH.

Easytree is the best place for a general selection of live recordings. I just got an S.O.D. soundboard recording. I didn't even know that they ever played live, much less had a soundboard to record from. There are tons of good shows on easytree, even for the cream of the 80's cheese rock. Jamtothis has some good Van Halen, too. I think that there was an Alice in Chains show posted there, it isn't all VH. There are also vine trades where all you have to do is make a copy and then send the source discs to the next person on the vine. I've gotten some fantastic VH via the vine trades and all it cost was the blank CDRs and postage.

I am sure that there are great fan sites for Def Leppard, Motley Crue and those sorts of bands. If I want high quality Led Zeppelin recordings, I am not coming here; this is the house that Roth built.

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    10-13-2009 @ 03:38 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Def Leppard Bootlegs to Share

If you are interested on Def Leppard bootlegs, videos, MP3, and some other stuff. There is the Leppard.org Hub.

Check the instructions here:
    WWW.LEPPARD.ORG

You require to install an application called DC++ on your Windows Machine and follow the set up instructions.

There is old and new stuff !!!

Don't miss it. There are guys that have more than 150Gb of DL stuff sharing.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,397 Times in 6,054 Posts

It would be interesting if someone went through the shows and worked out how much of their show was live and how much tapes(if any).

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-17-2021 @ 08:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I got your Def Leppard right here! Live from the Paris Theater 1980:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TO7QGCgzIhg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TO7QGCgzIhg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A6qodddEeH0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A6qodddEeH0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/alr2lkgo-3c&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/alr2lkgo-3c&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-17-2021 @ 08:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EW-nRPdRoY8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EW-nRPdRoY8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:45 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,580 Times in 3,459 Posts

I think I have a "lossless" (FLAC or Apple Lossless?) version of Def Leppard's Donnington performance in 1986 --prior to Hysteria...

juicecrell
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-03-2012 @ 03:06 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Guitar's 101~! Lots - Lepps!

Thread Information