X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomballin
    Commando
    • Dec 2004

Van Halen US Festival '83 Video

Anybody got a good quality/high res video copy of the full VH US Festival 83 gig?

Thanks
  • victimofscience
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Jan 2004

I saw both of the DVDs being torrented at Jamtothis.com. There are two different torrents, one for each of the discs. Both are listed under the Video Bit Torrent Bootlegs. I'd offer to copy them for you, but my connection is too damned slow for DVD torrents. Or I am too impatient!

Good luck.

Comment

• Cato
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

fletch created the best version aka "20 anniversary edition" but it's still not clear.
      I remember he said he got the 1st gen copy of that show, but I'm sure the DVD is not from that.
      Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• tomballin
        Commando
        • Dec 2004

I have not seen it. Is it as good as many Rothers say?

Comment

• Cato
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

just captured a couple of pics from the DVD...

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• Cato
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

looks bad eh?

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• tomballin
              Commando
              • Dec 2004

Yelp see the quality problem, but I can cleanup/rework about any video, if they put on a good show. EXCEPT, severe camera shakes from drunks that don't know how to use a good video camera, which is the problem I am having with the DLR 04 New Years show in Orlando.

As to the other post re the FLAC: Never use that before, but will look into more since it is "in presently".

I really don't understand the FLAC deal. The damn file sizes are monster, like 3.4 - 4 GB for 1 of 2 parts of the U.S. Festival, and it is not like the video is a master or anything, just some shitty 2 -3 generation copy.

It was like the FLAC file sizes for the 04 Van Spammy Tour audios.

( I want to see if EVH was as bad as everyone was saying.) (Also, yes I went to a Van SpamBoy 04 gig to see EVH play. I got very lucky and the bum had one of his better nights of the whole tour.)

Anyway, the file sizes were huge, yet were still only a copy of a 128 Kbps audio, most B quality, done by drunk amateurs. So what are these huge file sizes really accomplishing, when they are not taken from masters, or direct off the soundboard at the gigs?

Also, I'm on a 8, 500 - 9,000 Kbps-DL fiber optics line so download speed is noooo problem. (By way of comparison my partners DSL internet is 850 Kpbs-DL) But shite, a lot of the MoFo's that are seeding FLAC downloads are like at dload speeds of 20-40 Kbps. Give me a break. Hell I would rather pay them to snail mail me the disks instead of tie up one of my computer for days on end.

Maybe I am missing something, because I need to study it more.
              Last edited by tomballin; 01-15-2005, 01:18 AM.

Comment

• tomballin
                Commando
                • Dec 2004

Ok, here’s what I got in today and my write-up. See if this is something you RA dudes and chicks don’t have. Great vid and great quality….TB

Comment

• tomballin
                  Commando
                  • Dec 2004

2345236w

Comment

• tomballin
                    Commando
                    • Dec 2004

qtrqerytqt

Comment

• tomballin
                      Commando
                      • Dec 2004

Anybody bought this, and have a report/opinion?

Ebay - 2 DVD Set - Van Halen US Festival - 1983 2 hours and 40 minutes total

The complete Van Halen show on 2 DVDs: Over two hours of concert footage, including an additional 30 minutes of bonus memorabilia. Custom artwork on DVDs and case insert. The best you'll find anywhere. Includes custom interactive menus. Romeo Delight - Unchained - Drum Solo - The Full Bug - Runnin' With The Devil - Jamie's Cryin' - So This Is Love - Little Guitars - Bass Solo - Dancin' In The Street - Somebody Get Me A Doctor - Girl Gone Bad - I'm So Glad - Dance The Night Away - God Bless the Child - Cathedral - Secrets - Drum Solo - Everybody Wants Some - Ice Cream Man - Pretty Woman - Guitar Solo - Aint Talkin' 'Bout Love - Bottoms Up - You Really Got Me - Happy Trails.

Bonus footage includes: US Festival Documentary - Pre-show Backstage Party - US Festival and Entertainment Tonight coverage, MTV (Mark Goodman) and MV3 (Richard Blade) interviews.

Comment

• tomballin
                        Commando
                        • Dec 2004

Here some stuff

Comment

• tomballin
                          Commando
                          • Dec 2004

Wife to Husband - "honey did you tell them we bought a way over priced Apple Computer at the gate, and deserved to sit closer"

Husband: "yeah they said thanks, but the people getting to sit closer are only the ones that haven't bought an Apple PC yet."

Wife: "Shiteeeeee, pass me another dubbie and that bottle of Ripple wine."

Last edited by tomballin; 01-15-2005, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• tomballin
                            Commando
                            • Dec 2004

It's OK Eddie, Dave said you could go buy a full size gtar now, out of the $1.5 million VH got for doing the Festival.
                            Last edited by tomballin; 01-15-2005, 11:33 PM.

Comment

• tomballin
                              Commando
                              • Dec 2004

Program and Festival Pass

Comment

Working...