Patriots vs. Steelers for AFC Championship

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chaz Rock City

Dillion is back, but Bell might be playing for the Steelers. That makes things even. Big Ben had a weak game, but when the Steelers were down 17 to 10 he moved them down the field to tie the game. Even when Ben makes mistakes he doesn't get down.

That said I hope the Steelers stick to the run. Don't forget Duce is ready to play now. The Steelers have two great running backs. I'm not going to predict a winner, but the Steelers can do it.

Comment

• Lou

Originally posted by Chaz Rock City
      Dillion is back, but Bell might be playing for the Steelers.
      LOL. Yeah those players really mean the same to both teams, cancels each other out.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Yeah, all you guys are right....

I guess the Steelers might as well not even show up....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• hard rock
          Head Fluffer
          • Oct 2004

Being from Toronto i am a Buffalo Bills Fan. However i always go for the AFC Champion in every Super Bowl as that is the Bills conference. The Pats /Steelers Game will be a good one. I will Watch it for the Entertainment of it and may the best team win. The one that does is my choice for super bowl champs.

Also pretty good chance at an all pennsylvania superbowl if Pittsburgh and Philadelphia go thru.

Good Luck to AFC finalists New england (former team of Bills qb Drew bledsoe) and Pittsburgh steelers (former team of one of my all time fave qb`s Terry Bradshaw).

Comment

• Snoo

Originally posted by phildogger
            You can't stand em because you fear them
            Oh...shit. He got me. I always make it a point to fear teams the Steelers have beaten during the current season. That's why if I'm walking down the street and somebody is wearing a Raiders, Dolphins, Bengals, Browns, Cowboys, Patriots, Eagles, Redskins, Jaguars, Jets, Giants, or Bills jersey, I piss myself. If the Bengals, Browns and Jets jersey wearers are wearing TWO jerseys...I just plain drop to my knees, suck my thumb, and burst into tears.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Why not make them a touchdown favorite then, they're so much of a dominant team...

Because the Steelers fear them so much, shouldn't be any fear of fueling the fire any more, right ??

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• redblkwht
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Let the fuel burn bro, makes a better game sunday..
                Im sure their all reading about it today.

EUAS

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by redblkwht
                  Let the fuel burn bro, makes a better game sunday..
                  Im sure their all reading about it today.
                  Well, I've been doing some reading of the Boston websites today....

Seems that those journalists and I are thinking on the same wavelength (which I'm not so sure is a good thing ).....

The common demoninator is that the "disrespect theme", which most of the national media was heavily giving to the Pats in the week prior to their game vs. the Colts, is now being given to the Steelers.....

Which is exactly what not to do, IMO.....

But what do I know....

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

This is going top be a great game for old fashioned, mud -n- snow, smash-mouth football fans. I can see this one going into OT.

Comment

• Lou

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                      Yeah, all you guys are right....

I guess the Steelers might as well not even show up....
                      Look, it's this simple:

Bill Belichick

Bill Cowher

Even the most avid Stillers fan can't deny who the far superior coach is there.

I'm rooting for the Stillers to win. I think the Eagles would beat them. I don't think the Eagles can beat the Pats.

Comment

• Rikk
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Snoo
                        Oh...shit. He got me. I always make it a point to fear teams the Steelers have beaten during the current season. That's why if I'm walking down the street and somebody is wearing a Raiders, Dolphins, Bengals, Browns, Cowboys, Patriots, Eagles, Redskins, Jaguars, Jets, Giants, or Bills jersey, I piss myself. If the Bengals, Browns and Jets jersey wearers are wearing TWO jerseys...I just plain drop to my knees, suck my thumb, and burst into tears.
                        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Igosplut
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                          Well, I've been doing some reading of the Boston websites today....

Seems that those journalists and I are thinking on the same wavelength (which I'm not so sure is a good thing ).....

The common demoninator is that the "disrespect theme", which most of the national media was heavily giving to the Pats in the week prior to their game vs. the Colts, is now being given to the Steelers.....

Which is exactly what not to do, IMO.....

But what do I know....
                          I can assure you that in Boston nobody is taking the Steelers lightly. Also one of the nice things about the Pats, is that they don't talk down the competition.....
                          Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Lou
                            Look, it's this simple:

Bill Belichick

Bill Cowher

Even the most avid Stillers fan can't deny who the far superior coach is there.

I'm rooting for the Stillers to win. I think the Eagles would beat them. I don't think the Eagles can beat the Pats.
                            Ya know Lou, you get an E for effort, I'll give ya that....

OK, OK, Belichek is a better coach than Cowher, sure whatever, I'll even give you that...

Sure as hell didn't have a genius gameplan to beat them in October, did he ??

And if the Steelers made it to the Super Bowl vs. the Eagles, if they made it, the Eagles would beat them, without T.O. ??

Do you recall the last time they played, WITH T.O., and the final score was 27-3 ???

Do you want to borrow the "no Corey Dillon" excuse from the Pats fans ??

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Igosplut
                              I can assure you that in Boston nobody is taking the Steelers lightly. Also one of the nice things about the Pats, is that they don't talk down the competition.....
                              I agree in that the Pats are well-disciplined, no bulletin board material to post.... I would think that the Steelers will do the same....

Here's the article I was talking about....

If defense wins championships, we’re going to have one heck of a showdown next weekend at Heinz.

The Patriots keep playing off the national disrespect tag, and they keep proving everybody wrong. Ripe for the picking, Vandy? Uh, yeah.

Trouble is, after this performance, and Pittsburgh’s lackluster effort against the Jets yesterday, they may get that ever-elusive respect going into the AFC Championship game next weekend. The Steelers haven’t lost since September, and rookie QB Ben Roethlisberger still doesn’t know what it feels like to lose on a professional level.

Comment

• Lou

How about the fact that it's the playoffs, and Bill Cowher has come up a small man in the playoffs. How many AFC Championship games has he lost at home over the years--three I believe.

Comment

Working...