X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave's PA Rental
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    I can't disagree with the sentiments about Belicheck...

I guess I can't forget he was the coach for the Browns for what...4...5 great years?...

lmfao...

Hey, he was 'honing his craft'...he did beat the Parcells Patriots in a playoff game...
    Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Oh...believe me...I know it wasn't him in Cleveland...it was Modell not going out and getting the guys he wanted and needed...

and man...he was shredded in the press for being a lame-ass...

Oooops...goes to show you how fucking shitty Modell is...and was...

but Belicheck is now tainted by association...

although with every title that he wins...lmfao...it's another knife stroke in the ribs to the Browns fans who had to watch Modell win in Baltimore...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ALinChainz
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Pats 21
        Steelers 17

The Jets defense gave him trouble, the Pats will confuse him more. The Jets offense couldn't generate an offensive TD, the Pats will.

It's a nice story and all, and I'm a believer in Big Ben. But not this game, at least not this year.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

The Jets gave him trouble...or...did Ben make some trouble for himself...

I've seen other teams do what the Jets did to him...Ben just didn't make the mistakes...

I don't know that it was the Jets...as much as it was the playoffs...

enough teams threw the kitchen sink at Ben this year...including the Pats...

I agree Roeth will see more...

but I think it WILL be his day anyways...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ALinChainz
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Would have been a better read if the Jets could have gotten their offense doing something. There wasn't a lot of pressure because the Jets weren't really putting any scoring pressure on.

He needs to ace that glove shit too.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

I agree with the gloves...100%...

we'll see Sunday...damn I can't wait...should be a great game...hope it lives up to the bill...

Cowher can answer a slew of questions if they come out and win again...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

I just read where he's going to try and go without it.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

good...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

``I'm going to try to go without it,'' said Roethlisberger, who wore a glove on his left hand but not his throwing hand in practice Wednesday. ``If it's wet, it makes it worse (to throw). We'll see if we can go without this week.''

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

The football becomes harder and slicker in the cold, one reason quarterback Ben Roethlisberger wears gloves to throw it.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

from Cowher in an article in the Post Gazette...The kid's gloves

Cowher said quarterback Ben Roethlisberger wearing gloves does not concern him. He just wants Roethlisberger to throw the ball where it's supposed to go.

"He has to assess that. I'm not going to sit there and tell him what to do in regards to that, just throw the ball to the receiver, with or without a glove. I don't want to get into all the idiosyncrasies.

"I know everyone is worried about his thumb. I didn't know anything about his thumb. He just said that [the glove] wasn't fitting right. I don't ask those things. If the guy's open, just throw it to him, and whatever that entails you wear.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ALinChainz
                          He needs to ace that glove shit too.
                          He announced today that he's NOT wearing the gloves....

What's cracking me up is the sentiment that the 1st game is totally meaningless now, or I now hear, "It's playoff time now"....

OK, let's explore that....

First and foremost, if the Pats don't slow down the Steelers' running game, they are going to be hard pressed to win, unless they get some unorthodox TD's like the Jets did.... The Steelers ran the ball for 221 yards, and had the ball 42 minutes of the game, which was the longest discrepancy for time of possession all year in the NFL....

Secondly, the "Dillon factor" is, IMO, being too overly-emphasized.... To refresh some memories, the Steelers have faced some damn good RB's this year, like Lewis, Portis, Taylor, Martin, Barber, and McGahee, none of them even sniffed 100 yards.... I believe Rudi Johnson was the only back to run for 100 yds. this year against the Steelers.... Dillon has ran for 100 yards twice in 14 meetings vs. the Steelers, including zero times since 2000.... So yes, they definitely have to account for him, that's for sure, but it's not going to be like he's going to be running up and down the field on them, because that just ain't gonna happen....

I could go on with a few more items, but I'll save them.....
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

LMFAO Va...it almost sounds like you're predicting another blowout Va?...is this true?...

Comment

• Lou

Roeth will be a very good QB in this league. It's not his time yet. Cowher will lose his 4th AFC Championship game at home. Looking at it with an objective eye, I just can't see the Stillers winning this game, basically because Bill Cowher has not shown in 13 years that he's a big game coach.

Trust me Stiller fans, I HOPE your team wins. I think the Eagles would beat them. I don't think the Eagles have a prayer against the Pats.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Lou

Trust me Stiller fans, I HOPE your team wins. I think the Eagles would beat them. I don't think the Eagles have a prayer against the Pats.
                                Don't worry Filly fan...your little ladies might not have a prayer against Atlanta...and sure as fuck don't have a chance against ANY AFC team...

Why?

of the four coaches...Reid's the worst...plain and simple...

unless he was injured the past three years as well...

Comment

Working...