X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomballin
    Commando
    • Dec 2004

96 MTV Music Awards Video-Van Roth ReUnion

Hey dudes and kats, I'm looking for the '96 MTV Music Awards footage with Diamond Dave in it with the Sisters and Mickey.

I am looking for the whole footage when Van Roth took the stage at the presentation podium, and didn't Diamond and the Sisters also do a back stage interview or something, after their stage presentation.

I'm putting together a video montage of how every 4 years the Van Halen's screw Dave, and the public, with a Van Roth Reunion rumour. They did it 1996, 2000, and now 2004. So on to 2008.

Appreciate any help or direction on finding the video.

Thanks in advance.....TB
  • DLR7884
    ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

I had it on video.

DLR7884
    I can't find it though.
    Originally Posted by WARF:
    DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• tomballin
      Commando
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by DLR7884
      I had it on video.

DLR7884
      I can't find it though.

Thanks dude, let me know it you find it. Appreciate the help.

I found some old David Letterman video clips, where he is making jokes about the 96 ReUnion debacle, and another where he does a Top 10 on it. Funny

Comment

• mikebuczek
        Groupie
        • Nov 2004

i have them on the podium in mpeg format-don't know how to post it!

Comment

• tomballin
          Commando
          • Dec 2004

PM the Moderator Cato, and he will fix you up. Thanks for the reply...TB

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The MTV Awards footage itself is floating around. I've never seen a video of the infamous "backstage" incident, though I would imagine cameras had to be rolling, so it must exist.

Just as rare is the post -awards show interview with Kurt Loder and the entire band, where Eddie states explicitly that Van HALEN would be releasing the BOV 1 album, then record a 5 song EP or possibly a full album in the studio, and then tour in 1997. No mention was made of hip replacements, or auditioning other singers or any such bullshit. Eddie was referring to Van HALEN.

That's the video I want to see again. Especially to shut up the fucking sheep who don't believe Eddie ever said such a thing.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• katie
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Nov 2004

If anybody has it.
              my trade page is here -

lots of CVH stuff

Comment

• Cato
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Hummm.........Katie, I'm interested in some DVDs on your list. especially Nugent's "LIVE GONZO". how does it look, good quality?
                Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• katie
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Nov 2004

CATO THIS IS TOP QUALITY PRO SHOT DVD.
                  IT WAS SOUCED FROM VID TAPE ATHAT HAS BEEN COPIED A COUPLE OF TIMES BEFORE DVD TRANSFER.
                  ALL IN ALL THIS ROCKS!

Comment

• Cato
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by katie
                    CATO THIS IS TOP QUALITY PRO SHOT DVD.
                    IT WAS SOUCED FROM VID TAPE ATHAT HAS BEEN COPIED A COUPLE OF TIMES BEFORE DVD TRANSFER.
                    ALL IN ALL THIS ROCKS!
                    sounds great. I have been looking for a good copy of that. thanks. I'll put it in my new NUGE comp DVD, The man and his madness VOL.2!

ps : I shipped your stuff yesterday. let me know when they arrive.
                    Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• katie
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Nov 2004

cheers Cato
                      I am burning yours this weekend.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
                        The MTV Awards footage itself is floating around. I've never seen a video of the infamous "backstage" incident, though I would imagine cameras had to be rolling, so it must exist.

Just as rare is the post -awards show interview with Kurt Loder and the entire band, where Eddie states explicitly that Van HALEN would be releasing the BOV 1 album, then record a 5 song EP or possibly a full album in the studio, and then tour in 1997. No mention was made of hip replacements, or auditioning other singers or any such bullshit. Eddie was referring to Van HALEN.

That's the video I want to see again. Especially to shut up the fucking sheep who don't believe Eddie ever said such a thing.

I have the Awards footage, Kurt Loder's interview, and Ed/Al's interview with MTV after the shit hit the fan....

It's in all in Real format....

I'm probably going to get a cable modem within two weeks, and I can shoot it to someone at that time....

FORD, just so you know, I don't hear Ed say anything about songs, just a couple of videos....
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

i have part of the interview too, and there is no mention of an EP. i think the only thing i missed was Loder's first question.

Ed says something about doing two songs, then we're gonna do two videos...i gotta find that tape.
                          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• CROWBAR
                            Commando
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                            I have the Awards footage, Kurt Loder's interview, and Ed/Al's interview with MTV after the shit hit the fan....

It's in all in Real format....

I'm probably going to get a cable modem within two weeks, and I can shoot it to someone at that time....

FORD, just so you know, I don't hear Ed say anything about songs, just a couple of videos....
                            How's this coming along VA? Would like to see this again!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by CROWBAR
                              How's this coming along VA? Would like to see this again!
                              It's getting there bro...

I believe Cox should have the filters applied today, the modem's on the way, I have my wireless USB adapter here, and I'll grab the wireless router either Friday or Saturday....
                              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...