X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Pete Willis era Def Leppard

Let's say Pete went on to record with the band for another twenty years.

Would Def Leppard go on to become one of the greatest rock bands of all time?

The first two Def Lep albums are better than anything Led Zeppelin has ever done IMO.

Discuss!
  • Full Bug
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

You had me until you said the first 2 albums they did were better then anything Zeppelin ever did, no way dude, although High N Dry is one of my favourite albums....
    Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• WARF
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Hey, full bug... Led Zeppellin is my second all time favorite band!

So, the fact I'm saying I like the first two Def Lep albums over anything Led Zeppellin did.... says alot.

There was something magical about Leppard when Pete Willis was in the band.

Now saying that... I would take any Led Zeppelin album over Hysteria or even pyromania!

Comment

• Full Bug
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

High N Dry is an awesome record, would love to get my hands on a good live boot from that album....Anything after Pyromania sucks IMO...
        Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• WARF
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Hysteria is equivilant to metallica's load album... but is still filet mignon compared to the shit on , "X". How any old school Lep heads could defend their last couple albums is beyond me! Alot of people don't know that the album was help written by Russ Friederkson, the same person who helped write every NYSNC album! Seriously!

Comment

• CROWBAR
            Commando
            • Sep 2004

High and Dry was their best work IMO. You think Ed took Pete Willis' cue by being too drunk everyday to play? Nah

Comment

• Mama's Fool
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2004

Even with Pete they would have become what they are now. Joe and the boys are too worried about the cash. Pete probably would have left on his own if he wasn't in it for the money.

Comment

Working...