How About a Michael Anthony Solo Album?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wolverine

How About a Michael Anthony Solo Album?

Mike is a kick ass bass player. Plus a great singer(some say better than Dave). Mike should try a solo album!!
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Jan 2005

No i don't think so, he is a great bass player and an ok singer but not better than DLR. I just don't think that album would do well plus who would play the other instruments some shitty band that doesn't know a guitar chord from an extension chord.

Comment

• bueno bob
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Re: How About a Michael Anthony Solo Album?

Originally posted by The Godfather
      Mike is a kick ass bass player. Plus a great singer(some say better than Dave). Mike should try a solo album!!
      He thought about it back in 1991, but then realized that nobody was fucking interested.
      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• DLRdelight!
        Veteran
        • Jul 2004

Mike does have talent, i think he is very under rated

Comment

• Knucklebones
          Head Fluffer
          • Nov 2004

IT'll probably be like Disney Mickey Mouse music. According to Eddie, Eddie listens to classical, Dave listens to Sinatraish stuff, Alex listens to rockish stuff, and Mikey listens to Mickey Mouse stuff.

Comment

• Mishar_McLeud
            Head Fluffer
            • Apr 2004

Just the fact Mikey is in VH doesn't make him a great bass player. He's awesome on bg vox, but on lead he sounds ordinary and plain. Listen to SGMAD from 2004 or 1998 tours - nothing Dave-like.

He's the most down-to-Earth guy from any Van Halen's line-up and the most fan-friendly as well, but I doubt he'd be capable of writing stuff enough for a full album. Would I buy it if it would come out? Not a question - yes.
            'If there isn't something crazy that goes on in the span of the day then something's not right', - Zakk Wylde

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Mikey is a mediocre rock bassist, that's all! On my boots, I always wonder if I should delete the "Bass Solos" or not, but I usually keep them.

His voice is good and he is an excellent background vocalist for the Van Halen sound. However, he seems to have kind of a falsetto sounding voice. A voice that doesn't lend itself well as the featured voice on a rock and roll track.

I enjoy bashing Mike as much as anyone, but I think he is actually a much more integral part of CVH that is generally acknowledged.

Besides, he's too busy making new hot sauces to assist in bowel evacuation:

Mad' Anthony's New Sauces

It's only $9 a bottle-LOL.
              Last edited by Nickdfresh; 01-22-2005, 09:41 AM.

Comment

• loss of fools
                Head Fluffer
                • Oct 2004

i wouldent say mike was that good. hes ok but his solos are painfull.

Comment

• Mishar_McLeud
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Apr 2004

^^ Let's just say, if bros got rid of Mikey when Dave left the band, I'd be the in the front line bashing Van Hagar .

It's not Van Halen without Mike
                  'If there isn't something crazy that goes on in the span of the day then something's not right', - Zakk Wylde

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

45 minutes of Mikey hammering on the E string!!

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                      [B] Mikey is a mediocre rock bassist, that's all! On my boots, I always wonder if I should delete the "Bass Solos" or not, but I usually keep them.

His voice is good and he is an excellent background vocalist for the Van Halen sound. However, he seems to have kind of a falsetto sounding voice. A voice that doesn't lend itself well as the featured voice on a rock and roll track.
                      Sure! He's no virtuoso bassist, though he's an unquestionable part of VH.
                      I hardly bear his really too shrill screams on the bootlegs, but I can't edit them unfortunately. Just the only little detail that doesn't suit me on the Pasadena Civic Auditorium Dec. 77 (?) live boot, the first one I got in 1995.
                      Mike Anthony was the right bass player, anyway. VH music needed square bass lines, unless it would have sounded messy.
                      And he was full of thrust, right in his place in the great days party-like stage scenery.
                      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• house0paincakes
                        Roadie
                        • Apr 2004

Well, if he did you can bet your bottom dollar Spammy would be on it.

Comment

• Jamocha Joe
                          Roadie
                          • Jan 2005

Absolutely not, and for one reason only.

Because we all know he'd have a special guest appearance by Sammy.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Nov 2004

Back when they were the emperors:
                            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

His name doesn't surface as a top notch bassist for a reason. He isn't one!

As for his singing...if all you're doing is thumping an open E string then you better be able to sing. All he's capable of singing is, "Oooooh's" and "Aaaaaahhh's" and the occasional follow up last 3 words out of a singers mouth and THAT'S it!

He fits Van Halen because of EdWad's enormous ego. Ed wrote most of the bass lines to begin with to showcase his talents. They went with a mediocore bassist that wouldn't make waves.

As for his bass solos...a fucking monkey could play a better solo. He uses his foot and jumps up and down on the bass while the distortion carries the notes...that's some real chord noodling there...NOT!

He's a TOOL that's finally come to grips with the level of "talent" he has. Notice he's making "hot sauces"? That should tell anyone that believes he's a serious muscian where he stands right there!
                              http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                              http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

Working...