X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR7884
    ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

former Dokken bassist mentions Roth/VH reunion

My question to this is.....who the hell cares what the bassist for Dokken thinks?

DLR7884
    And how desperate of a website are you to publish it?
    Originally Posted by WARF:
    DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.
  • Big Troubles
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Feb 2004

Blabbermouth.net has been desperate before.
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• tomballin
      Commando
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by DLR7884
      My question to this is.....who the hell cares what the bassist for Dokken thinks?

DLR7884
      And how desperate of a website are you to publish it?
      That's bullshit, believe me I asked around at NAMM over the weekend, but Jeff Pilson is a good guy.

Comment

• academic punk
        Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

YOu know what? It's true: Sammy is a better singer than Roth, and dave was always apt to sing out of tune and drop lyrics and confuse verses in concert.

SO FUCKING WHAT??? A ROTH-LED VH SHOW IS ABOUT THE EVENT!!! IT IS ABOUT BEING THERE AT THAT MOMENT, AND KICKING FUCKING ASS!!! How many other singers can BOASTFULLY ANNOUNCE "I FORGOT THE FUCKIN' WORDS!!!" and make the audience LOVE him for it???!?

Roth is not first and foremost a musician. He's a rock fan and was able (as he meant with "How far have I come? About six feet!") to make that leap from the front row to the stage.

Comment

• 5150Clown
          Head Fluffer
          • Mar 2004

[i] I thing that is because most people would be more excited if it was David Lee Roth over Sammy Hagar. However, it wouldn't be as good, singing wise anyways.
          No shit SHERLOCK! But the singing part, WHO CARES? Sure, Sammy could sing an opera, but do we care? Ofcourse not! Was Frank Sinanatra a tenor? Ofcourse not, but we loved old blue eyes and his vocal range was right with us! Now go back to DOKKEN and do your retro tour.
          "If Eddie & Dave would put asside their egos, Aerosmith would have to give up their tittle of the 'Greatest American Rock Band'"

Comment

• Big Troubles
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Feb 2004

Roth ALWAYS stated that, creating the album in the studio, without over dubs give you a real sense of emotion, so when the band hits the road, its more apt to sound like they should. Whereas Sammy ALWAYS went for the opera approach. rehearsal afetr rehearsal. He sound like Madonna all he wants, but theres always gonna be just ONE Dave. In tune or Outta tune. Talk sing or sing sing. Who cares. I mean, thats what makes Dave- the greatest.
            "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• DLR7884
              ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by tomballin
              That's bullshit, believe me I asked around at NAMM over the weekend, but Jeff Pilson is a good guy.
              What's bullshit?

All I said was "who gives a shit what the Dokken bassist has to say about ANYTHING?"

DLR7884
              I sure as fuck don't care about him or his lame ass band.
              DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• tomballin
                Commando
                • Dec 2004

Ya know I never see Hagar at the top of the Greatest Frontman polls, but ALWAYS see Roth. Nuff said about cheese ball, lol.

Originally posted by academic punk
                YOu know what? It's true: Sammy is a better singer than Roth, and dave was always apt to sing out of tune and drop lyrics and confuse verses in concert.

SO FUCKING WHAT??? A ROTH-LED VH SHOW IS ABOUT THE EVENT!!! IT IS ABOUT BEING THERE AT THAT MOMENT, AND KICKING FUCKING ASS!!! How many other singers can BOASTFULLY ANNOUNCE "I FORGOT THE FUCKIN' WORDS!!!" and make the audience LOVE him for it???!?

Roth is not first and foremost a musician. He's a rock fan and was able (as he meant with "How far have I come? About six feet!") to make that leap from the front row to the stage.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Nov 2004

What does that cretin know about what a kick-ass singer is? He's been backing Dio, uh? Sort of sums it up... Mpf ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! That ridiculous dwarf is Spam's LITTLE brother, same grotesque stuff. As for Dukklin', I don't even know a single speck of shit about it. May that cunt have a good time playing bass with third underdogs...
                  posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                  posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• tomballin
                    Commando
                    • Dec 2004

What's bullshit?

All I said was "who gives a shit what the Dokken bassist has to say about ANYTHING?"

DLR7884
                    No dude, I wasn't directing the bullshit comment to you, I was saying the ReUnion crap is total bullshit...Peace

Comment

• DLR7884
                      ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by tomballin
                      No dude, I wasn't directing the bullshit comment to you, I was saying the ReUnion crap is total bullshit...Peace
                      Oh ok.

DLR7884
                      Fuck Dokken.

Comment

• 5150Clown
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Mar 2004

DOKKEN SUCKS ASS. Sure, they wanted to be all tough and all back in the day, but hey, POISON had more success than them. HAHAHAHAHAHA

So to hear him talk about Dave like that makes me want to spit my food out in laughter.
                        "If Eddie & Dave would put asside their egos, Aerosmith would have to give up their tittle of the 'Greatest American Rock Band'"

Comment

• Big Troubles
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Feb 2004

What's bullshit?

DLR7884
                          Ah, c'mon man... What about "Breakin the Chains"?

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

What's DOKKEN?

Comment

• DLR7884
                              ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
                              Ah, c'mon man... What about "Breakin the Chains"?
                              I'm only 26, so the only Dokken song I remember was from one of the Nightmare on Elm St soundtracks.

Dream Warriors?

I think that was it.

Either way, Dokken sucks....and Don Dokken is a dick from what I've read about him.

DLR7884
                              He and his band can't hold Van Halen, much less Van Hagar's jock.

Comment

Working...