• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • academic punk
    Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

hey, Elvis, be fair. I didn't.

Don't generalize or stereotype.

And, besides, in terms of name-calling, wasn't it at the RNC where conservatives filled madison square garden to chant "flip-flop, flip-flop, flip-flop" like a bunch of three year old mindless drones?

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Yeah, I know...

But you see it everywhere...

Liberal message boards are full of childish name calling, and i don't get it. Don't get me wrong, I love comedy, but I doubt the majority are trying to be funny...

These people supposedly have a serious message, and are supposedly passionate about their cause. Is third grade name calling the strategy to attract people to the message ??

I don't get it...

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
        Yeah, I know...

But you see it everywhere...

Liberal message boards are full of childish name calling, and i don't get it. Don't get me wrong, I love comedy, but I doubt the majority are trying to be funny...

These people supposedly have a serious message, and are supposedly passionate about their cause. Is third grade name calling the strategy to attract people to the message ??

I don't get it...
        And how many names do the right wingers have for the Clintons?

And I believe even YOU have used the Limbaugh-ism "algore"

Ye who is not without sin should not casteth stones, Gregory

(Had to pinch hit for JC there, since He doesn't post on the Sabbath)
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Wayne L.

Originally posted by academic punk
          And you can't compare CNN AT ALL to FOX: CNN's "supposed lean" to the right is like throwing a bullet in comparison to FOX"s firing an M-80!

FTR, I believe Lou Dobbs is about the best reporter out there today.
          CNN is the second best 24 hour cable news network around but FNC beats the crap out of it & MSNBC all the time for obvious reasons. CNN doesn't know whether it wants to be a serious news channel or a Larry King/entertainment channel these days. BTW, Heidi Collins is my favorite newsbabe on CNN but FNC has the hottest newsbabes.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
            Sean Pannitywaste ??

Why are you liberal punks so into childish name calling ??
            Because it's funny as-well-as truthful. He is a flaming panty waste that cuts people off and bullies them. I've heard Fox even edits peoples comments to change the speakers connotation.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
              Because it's funny as-well-as truthful. He is a flaming panty waste that cuts people off and bullies them. I've heard Fox even edits peoples comments to change the speakers connotation.

You've heard? Second hand knowledge, huh? Ever watch Carville or Begala on Crossfire?
              “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                You've heard? Second hand knowledge, huh? Ever watch Carville or Begala on Crossfire?
                I think Carville is an arrogant, but very smart, weasel and Begala, I don't have the energy to get any opinion regarding Begala. I can take him or leave him. He's actually said some nice things about your Dubya.

Comment

• academic punk
                  Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Originally posted by Wayne L.
                  CNN is the second best 24 hour cable news network around but FNC beats the crap out of it & MSNBC all the time for obvious reasons. CNN doesn't know whether it wants to be a serious news channel or a Larry King/entertainment channel these days. BTW, Heidi Collins is my favorite newsbabe on CNN but FNC has the hottest newsbabes.
                  I think the last sentence of this post tells you everything you need to know about this guys interest in actual news and ability to discern politics from public relations.

Comment

Working...