Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DLRBAND 2 is in the can.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-10-2012 @ 06:38 PM
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
    not even that...no way...
    Really? I see a different type of Ed when he's clean and perhaps more open minded. See Dave just wants to put out the very best product that showcases his talents, while Ed could make changes to showcase his talents along with what the original grass roots foundation of what VH was/is. A clean Ed is a happy Ed. Well, fingers, eyes, toes and tits crossed anyways.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Thanks

I have not experienced sobriety in a few years, so you're talkin' to the wrong guy. But then again, Im far more creative while under the influence. At least that what my bong tells me.

Mr. Smarty Pants
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2012 @ 09:00 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Dave is an idiot!! If he recorded a rock album but chose to release Diamond Dave then he is as crazy as EVH. If he is sitting on DLRBand 2 then maybe he should keep sitting as the 1st one sucked. I've said it before and I'll say it again... Dave has not released a good CD since ALAE back in 1991!!! That's 16 fucking years ago. I love that CD so much that I preordered the remastered version and hopefully it will arrive today!! Why hasn't DLR released a live CD from his past tours? If he's sounds so fucking great according to all you diehards then why hasn't he released a LIVE CD?

later assholes,
    General Superior Hina
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Mr. Smarty Pants
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by fenway5150
    I wish Dave would crank out a new album every year or two for his loyal fans like us and if it should catch on with a bigger audience, great.
    Crank out an album every year or two!!!! Are you high. DLR isn't a musician anymore and could care less about making new music or the fans. He's only in it for the glory and that has been gone since 1991. Face it... most of the bands we love are has beens who can only play the nostalgia circuit and even most of those people have still had the musicality to put out new records every 3 or 4 years. DLR making listenable music has been over for years.

Over & Out Dreamers,
    General Hina

juicecrell
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-03-2012 @ 03:06 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by General Hina
    Dave is an idiot!! If he recorded a rock album but chose to release Diamond Dave then he is as crazy as EVH. If he is sitting on DLRBand 2 then maybe he should keep sitting as the 1st one sucked. I've said it before and I'll say it again... Dave has not released a good CD since ALAE back in 1991!!! That's 16 fucking years ago. I love that CD so much that I preordered the remastered version and hopefully it will arrive today!! Why hasn't DLR released a live CD from his past tours? If he's sounds so fucking great according to all you diehards then why hasn't he released a LIVE CD?

later assholes,General Superior Hina
    I agree about the live cd! I feel your pain! However I have two outstanding dave concerts downloaded from this site Thanks Cato- I know he did one of them japan(2003) the other I show I was at House of blues in Chicago 2003!

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

later assholes,
    General Superior Hina
    Wow, How charming you still are. First of all, there are those who do and dont like ALAE. I like DD. Most do not. Some here LOVE Black Sand and Damn Good. I think they are 2 of his weakest efforts. Im certainly not going to call someone an asshole for personal taste. Jesus man...Get a grip. Dave hasn't released a good CD FOR YOU in 16 years. He released a bluesy Diamond Dave for me and that wasnt long ago. Before that DLR Band was off the charts great! Again for some, not for all. You seem to be a dick, for the sole purpose of being a dick. Most of us "diehards" know you are just the shit stain of the internet underwear world so we tend to not get so worked up over your comments. In fact most of your ballber is rather ammusing at best and hardly worth the debate.

A Live CD? Dave isn't good "live" unless it's over produced and Dave doesn't like to over produce. Dave likes it raw and off the floor.

And I suppose that's a testament to his placement in rock n rape and roll.... He doesn't need the money bad enough to put out a live album with over dubs and mass production. He doesn't need to release a Best Of every second year either.

Check your hat and your facts at the door. They are both outdated.

BT

Over & well, still here....

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Dave is an idiot!!
    General Superior Hina
    Right. Daves the idiot. That's why you are here using "Sting" as a reflection of who you want representing you, while his toes are in the sands of Rio, sipping Gin out of bikini clad twins. Gotcha.

ALAE? He'll be glad you bought it...Twice...And pre ordered his reissue. His drink is getting low.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Disgusting SELLOUT (and I dont mean arenas)

2006 Livin' It Up!
    2005 Live: Hallelujah [DualDisc]
    2004 Not 4 Sale [Japan Bonus Track]
    2004 Live: Hallelujah [Japan Bonus Track]
    2003 Live: Hallelujah
    2002 Not 4 Sale
    2001 Ten 13 [Bonus Tracks]
    2000 Ten 13
    2000 Marching to Mars [Import Bonus Tracks]
    1999 Red Voodoo
    1997 Marching to Mars
    1992 Red Hot
    1989 Live - Very Live in Concert
    1987 I Never Said Goodbye
    1984 VOA
    1984 Through the Fire
    1983 Three Lock Box
    1983 Live 1980
    1982 Rematch & More
    1982 Red Alert! Dial Nine
    1981 Standing Hampton
    1981 Musical Chairs
    1980 Centre Hole
    1979 Street Machine
    1979 Danger Zone
    1978 All Night Long
    1977 Sammy Hagar [Bonus Track]
    1977 Sammy Hagar Two
    1977 Sammy Hagar
    1977 Musical Chairs [Bonus Track]
    1976 Nine on a Ten Scale

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Live
    Live
    Live
    Best of
    Best Of
    Best Of
    Live Best Of.... Blah...Garbage....

I will admit that I like 2 of his songs. Red is a good tune alas with ZERO meaning. Good riff. I also like Cruizin and Boozin'. Which I find ironic since he's so against drinking and driving... "Got JD in the backseat, we're drinking nothing but the best"...

Gee I thought his shit was the best?

Hmm...

Sounds like a con.

Raise your hands in the air and wave them like you just dont care. Somehow I picture QUITE A FEW ppl in the crowd raising their arms NOT GIVING A CARE for entirely different reasons than what he was hoping for.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

who da fak names a rock album "musical chairs"? besides Hammy Sagar

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

For Hina and other DLR Band haters

David Lee Roth
    DLR Band
    Release Date: June 09, 1998
    Label: Wawazat
    Rating:

Following the disastrous near-reunion of Van Halen, David Lee Roth didn't lie down -- he wrote the vindictive, hilarious, near-brilliant memoir -Crazy From the Heat, compiled The Best for Rhino, and finally, assembled the DLR Band, his response to the Gary Cherone version of Van Halen. Where his former colleagues aimed at world domination and serious art with Van Halen III, Diamond Dave kept his aim low, turning in a sleazy little record that just wants to rock really hard. While Van Halen stumbled hard with their revamping, Roth succeeded in delivering a kind of miniature comeback. Granted, DLR Band didn't shake the charts, but it wasn't meant to be big; it's a record that was made with the fans in mind, and they should be pleased by its down-and-dirty attitude. This is the hardest Roth has rocked since Eat 'Em and Smile. The songs may not be as funny or memorable, and his new band doesn't reach the heights of Steve Vai and Billy Sheehan, but The DLR Band benefits from its modest scale. It succeeds on its own terms, delivering a selection of fine, spirited metal songs that finds Roth's charisma at a near peak. Stephen Thomas Erlewine, All Music Guide

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

and one for Diamond Dave

David Lee Roth
    Diamond Dave
    Release Date: July 08, 2003
    Label: Magna Carta
    Rating:

Let's face it; David Lee Roth was the most exciting and entertaining singer to ever front Van Halen. And although his solo albums have not all been winners, at least he's been known to take chances and try new approaches with rock music (such as the entirely sung-in-Spanish Sonrisa Salvaje, the synth pop-ish Skyscraper, the Nile Rodgers-produced Your Filthy Little Mouth, etc.). For his 2003 release Diamond Dave, Roth uses the same approach he and his then-comrades in Van Halen followed on 1982's Diver Down -- an album consisting primarily of cover songs, with a few originals sprinkled in. As expected, the covers that work the best are the ones that aren't that well known, including the lead-off single "Shoo Bop" (a cover of Steve Miller's "Shu Ba Da Du Ma Ma Ma Ma") and a big band reading of a tune Van Halen covered way back when, "Ice Cream Man," while a few of the better-known songs (especially Jimi Hendrix's "If 6 Was 9") don't fare as well. Of course, Diamond Dave is no Fair Warning. But it's a hell of a whole lot more listenable than anything Van Halen has issued in ages (especially when compared to the 1998 atrocity Van Halen III). Greg Prato, All Music Guide

Mr. Smarty Pants
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Big Troubles
    Right. Daves the idiot. That's why you are here using "Sting" as a reflection of who you want representing you, while his toes are in the sands of Rio, sipping Gin out of bikini clad twins. Gotcha.

ALAE? He'll be glad you bought it...Twice...And pre ordered his reissue. His drink is getting low.
    My Sting avatar is just for laughs.

Mr. Smarty Pants
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Disgusting SELLOUT (and I dont mean arenas)

2006 Livin' It Up!
    2005 Live: Hallelujah [DualDisc]
    2004 Not 4 Sale [Japan Bonus Track]
    2004 Live: Hallelujah [Japan Bonus Track]
    2003 Live: Hallelujah
    2002 Not 4 Sale
    2001 Ten 13 [Bonus Tracks]
    2000 Ten 13
    2000 Marching to Mars [Import Bonus Tracks]
    1999 Red Voodoo
    1997 Marching to Mars
    1992 Red Hot
    1989 Live - Very Live in Concert
    1987 I Never Said Goodbye
    1984 VOA
    1984 Through the Fire
    1983 Three Lock Box
    1983 Live 1980
    1982 Rematch & More
    1982 Red Alert! Dial Nine
    1981 Standing Hampton
    1981 Musical Chairs
    1980 Centre Hole
    1979 Street Machine
    1979 Danger Zone
    1978 All Night Long
    1977 Sammy Hagar [Bonus Track]
    1977 Sammy Hagar Two
    1977 Sammy Hagar
    1977 Musical Chairs [Bonus Track]
    1976 Nine on a Ten Scale
    Japanese imports almost always have bonus tracks? What's your point? Sammy as a solo artist has released 3 times as many solo studio CDs as Dave. Why... Sammy is a musician. Dave is a frontman for someone elses music... Eddie's

Mr. Smarty Pants
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

and one for Diamond Dave

David Lee Roth
    Diamond Dave
    Release Date: July 08, 2003
    Label: Magna Carta
    Rating:

Let's face it; David Lee Roth was the most exciting and entertaining singer to ever front Van Halen. And although his solo albums have not all been winners, at least he's been known to take chances and try new approaches with rock music (such as the entirely sung-in-Spanish Sonrisa Salvaje, the synth pop-ish Skyscraper, the Nile Rodgers-produced Your Filthy Little Mouth, etc.). For his 2003 release Diamond Dave, Roth uses the same approach he and his then-comrades in Van Halen followed on 1982's Diver Down -- an album consisting primarily of cover songs, with a few originals sprinkled in. As expected, the covers that work the best are the ones that aren't that well known, including the lead-off single "Shoo Bop" (a cover of Steve Miller's "Shu Ba Da Du Ma Ma Ma Ma") and a big band reading of a tune Van Halen covered way back when, "Ice Cream Man," while a few of the better-known songs (especially Jimi Hendrix's "If 6 Was 9") don't fare as well. Of course, Diamond Dave is no Fair Warning. But it's a hell of a whole lot more listenable than anything Van Halen has issued in ages (especially when compared to the 1998 atrocity Van Halen III). Greg Prato, All Music Guide
    Keep digging and you'll probably find a positive review for VH III.

Over & Out,
    General Hina

LIGHT EM UP!!
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-31-2015 @ 07:51 AM
    Status
    Thanks

POJO thats some funny shit!

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,286 Times in 1,504 Posts

Blog Entries
    Considering how much play and publicity the DLR Band album got (virtually nil), I suppose Dave thought a bunch of covers stood a better chance of getting heard.

Loons The Great

Cool By later you mean you're gettin' lost?! Thank the La'wd above!! Law'd Law'd...

later assholes,
    General Superior Hina
    YOU are the idiot!

David Lee Roth did a cameo on The Sopranos. Sammy Hagar did a cameo on Nash Bridges. 'Nuff said.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-29-2024 @ 02:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I am here just for giving you laughs.
    dave said about live albums..."it's the same with my pants...it's hard to squeeze it all in..."

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2024 @ 02:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I'm here for giving Head and Hand jobs.
    WTF?

You need help,General Herpes.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

My Sting avatar is just for laughs.
    Is it? Well, if I have to ask or inquire than it's probably not working.

Just a hint.

I wasnt digging for a good review on VH3. All I did was post 2 reviews on Daves material. DD and DLR Band, because that's what I thought we were talking about.

Apparently not.

BT

Mr. Smarty Pants
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
    dave said about live albums..."it's the same with my pants...it's hard to squeeze it all in..."
    As always... a lame excuse.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-29-2024 @ 02:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

As always... a lame excuse.
    ok...I give up...this quote is so stupid that it can't be changed into something that makes sense...

Thread Information