• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eyes of the Night
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

holy off topic people ...

back to topic ...

i say i do drugs only when Im on them tripping out and having fun ,,, like how i would post a drinking icon everytime i took a drink in replys ...
    Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags ...

Comment

• Panamark
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Your avatar is a joint ! hehehehhe
      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• GAR
        Banned
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by The Scatologist
        If he thinks drugs are cool, then I say let him OD so the world will be a better place
        I've railed on him before, it just does no good because he's pretty dense - so I'll just answer the questions for what they are and pay no never-mind to who's asking it. It benefits everyone to know why or why not certain problems occur with the output tubes.

ALSO, it is seldom, very seldom you need to replace the preamp tubes. This is why on the 5150's they are tucked INSIDE the chassis on a neat little circuit strip with all 5 sockets in a row are secured.

Do not change the preamp tubes. It is rarely necessary in any guitar amp design to change the pre's as often as the outputs.

Comment

• GAR
          Banned
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
          Cos Ive personally known people that have done drugs for even
          longer than Eyes and eventually stopped.
          Most druggies I've known are seriously ill physically or dead. Also as in, physically.

Comment

• The Scatologist
            Sniper
            • Jan 2005

Yeah Gar, it's a shame cause I think my little brother is heading there too
            The name Sammy Hagar conjures up a variety of emotions from music fans--from hate to contempt, from disgust to revulsion.

-TheSmokingGun.com

Comment

• BrownSound1
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Mar 2003

What I want to know is what makes Eyes so sure that the tube is blown. Hell I've seen a lot of blue rings around tubes and that doesn't mean shit. I mean, besides the blue ring, what other symptoms does it have?

Comment

• Eyes of the Night
                Veteran
                • Jan 2004

Yo Brown, I felt a shift in power or tone in the middle of my set ... looked at the tubes and one had a blue ring ... therefore I thought it was the tube causing it ...

THEN, I went to trade in my Peavey cab for a Marsh160lead cab plugged her in and sounded cherry ... SO, my assumption now is that I blew a speaker or a lil bit in the Peav ...

Comment

• Eyes of the Night
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                  Do not change the preamp tubes. It is rarely necessary in any guitar amp design to change the pre's as often as the outputs.
                  Great point GarTech ... but I'm still having that dude who has worked on Pearl Jams rigs plus many others up here change out all the Ruby tubes and install the GrooveTubes ...

Comment

• BrownSound1
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Mar 2003

No problem eyes.....that's what I was looking for, symptoms like a tone change or a loss in output.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Drugs aren't as hard on amps as alcohol. I keep spilling beer into mine. That will make the tubes blow.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• GAR
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Eyes
                        Great point GarTech ... but I'm still having that dude who has worked on Pearl Jams rigs plus many others up here change out all the Ruby tubes and install the GrooveTubes ...
                        I hope it works after that.

The "Seattle Sound" is not really known as a desireable one.

Comment

• Eyes of the Night
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2004

It's not the seattle sound I'm looking for broham it's a NEW sound of grunge I'm channeling through me ... Van Grunge ...

Say that to Jerry Cantrell ... he opened that motherfucker wide open or the concept of using a certain hero's gear to record your album with ... DIRT used Ed's hand given amps he got while on the facelift tour ...

Comment

• Eyes of the Night
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2004

Okay so leave the ruby preamp tubes in is what you're saying because you think dude will fuck it up somehow? ... No worries, I'll tell him excactly what I want with an open ear for suggestions ... plus a general idea of specific tweaks, not's, and to do's with the help of my bre's here fo' sure ...
                            Last edited by Eyes of the Night; 02-09-2005, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Working...