Thread: Vivian Campbell: "I hate Heavy Metal!"

FUTUE TE IPSUM
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Vivian Campbell: "I hate Heavy Metal!"

In a recent interview Vivian Campbell responded to critisism by Ronnie James Dio by retorting that Dio was "vile", but did add that Dio was the best in his field of "dungeons and dragons heavy metal". He also added that he hates when fans come up to him and sing Dio songs or give him the devil hand gesture as he doesn`t "care about that kind of music any more. I hate it. I prefer the sort of stuff I am doing with def Leppard.".

Well, you know what, Vivian?

I don`t.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sitting on a park bench!

Flash Bastard
    Have you heard his solo stuff? Makes Def Leppard sound like Motorhead.

Fretting Machine
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Flash Bastard
    Have you heard his solo stuff? Makes Def Leppard sound like Motorhead.
    :eek:
    Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Viv Cambpell is in Def Leppard now ? I kinda gave up on Def Leppard when they went all sappy. I wonder if he will inject a harder edge to them ? Have they already released an album with Viv ? Does it suck ?
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

FUTUE TE IPSUM
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    He`s been with them for more than ten years now.

I think they`ve got a couple of LPs out.

Yes, they do suck.

(Unless you like pop music)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fuck, Ive probably heard some of it then, yeah its the pits. I think Pyromania was the last album I could listen to. What was the other one ? On through the night ?? That wasnt too bad. Somebody poured too much sugar on those fuckers..

Elitest
    They are grate

diamond den™

Re: Vivian Campbell: "I hate Heavy Metal!"

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
    In a recent interview Vivian Campbell responded to critisism by Ronnie James Dio by retorting that Dio was "vile", but did add that Dio was the best in his field of "dungeons and dragons heavy metal". He also added that he hates when fans come up to him and sing Dio songs or give him the devil hand gesture as he doesn`t "care about that kind of music any more. I hate it. I prefer the sort of stuff I am doing with def Leppard.".

Well, you know what, Vivian?

I don`t.
    He's a fucking hack.

FUTUE TE IPSUM
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I quite liked them up until "Hysteria", which coincidently was the last LP with Steve Clark.

After that it seemed like they wanted to sell records to girls rather than to men.

IrishPunk
    Vivian Campbell is and always will be a shitty guitarist. Dio was awesome in Rainbow and Black Sabbath. His solo albums were pretty damn good too, but not cuz of anything Campbell ever did. Killing the Dragon was a sweet ass Dio album! Came out a year or so ago and had Doug Aldrigde playing guitar on it

Pervert On A Park Bench
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I dunno...I thought Rainbow In The Dark was a classic, killer jam.....what DOES piss me off though, is how guys will get you into whtever they're doing at the time...and tell you how great they feel doing it...and don't you like it too? so you get WAY into the music, and then ten years later you read how it was all a scam, cause the guy says his heart was never into it, or he really didn't like that style of music....which makes all those millions who bought the music, now they suddenly feel lied to, and cheated. It's like AVH telling us in 1986 how the first lineup was just a 'test run', and that they finally had the REAL VH going...all that does is SHIT on all those people that liked it. Why not say....it was KILLER, and we're proud of the music, but now here's something new.....naaah, that's too easy...ya gotta discredit the tunez, and in the proces you inherently discredit, and divide the fans. just to feed a wallet, and an ego.

sucks.

Flash Bastard
    I heard him playing with Dio on a recording from the King Biscuit radio program. He sounded like pure shit, almost like he was tuning his guitar during the solo. Just awful.

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Top Jimmy
    I dunno...I thought Rainbow In The Dark was a classic, killer jam.....what DOES piss me off though, is how guys will get you into whtever they're doing at the time...and tell you how great they feel doing it...and don't you like it too? so you get WAY into the music, and then ten years later you read how it was all a scam, cause the guy says his heart was never into it, or he really didn't like that style of music....which makes all those millions who bought the music, now they suddenly feel lied to, and cheated. It's like AVH telling us in 1986 how the first lineup was just a 'test run', and that they finally had the REAL VH going...all that does is SHIT on all those people that liked it. Why not say....it was KILLER, and we're proud of the music, but now here's something new.....naaah, that's too easy...ya gotta discredit the tunez, and in the proces you inherently discredit, and divide the fans. just to feed a wallet, and an ego.

sucks.
    Great post Top Jimmy, I agree with what you said 100%, its bullshit.....
    By the way, I liked Rainbow In The Dark as well.....
    Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    All I have to say is BRING BACK PETE WILLIS DAMNIT!!!!

One Voice

Thumbs up

sucks.

You are so right, excellent post.

Fulfee Perferlert
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Elitest
    They are grate
    that's only cos' you like amputees

dirty girl! to your room
    Originally posted by flappo
    i'm sure grimsdale's on drugs

Originally posted by Cato
    translating your Japanese.

"Master Cato is...I order, it's yours. don't ask me to do gay material for the life of me because you kick my bat."

omae baka dana?

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What has 9 arms and sucks?

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Def Leppard

PhxRocker
    I thought Viv Campbell was pretty damn good on the first two Dio albums....not the best by any means, just a good competent metal guitarist...but I haven't liked anything he's done since. I cannot stand that pussy-ass pop bullshit that he's been putting out with Def Leppard.
    He's wasting his talent with that faggoty shit!

And, btw, I thought Def Leppard used to be a good fucking band...for the first three albums, that is...

Gmoney
    Originally posted by lesfunk
    What has 9 arms and sucks?

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Talking campbell soup

i saw whitesnake in London in 1987/88 when vivian was with them....halfway through the gig....the rest of the band left the stage.....vivian stood,legs apart (in the rock 'n'roll way they do!)....the lights dimmed...a single spot light lit his way....and he started his 5 minutes of glory....his fingers were like lightning as he blazed into the opening of of his solo spot.....and then.......his guitar strap broken and he dropped his fuckin guitar!! ha ha ha .....funniest thing ive ever seen at a gig.....i turned to my brother and said ' oh dear.....thats his reputation as a guitarist gone forever' as i collapsed on the floor ,i was proved right cos he then joined Lef Deppard......the really ironic thing was,not only did the sound of his guitar hitting the stage happen to be the best thing he played for the entire gig...the cheer from the crowd was the loudest all night!!!....cos believe me....they were fuckin shit

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I rank Viv up there with Brian Young...

Dumpwaffen SS
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Why not say....it was KILLER, and we're proud of the music, but now here's something new.....naaah, that's too easy...ya gotta discredit the tunez, and in the proces you inherently discredit, and divide the fans. just to feed a wallet, and an ego.
    So true. Great post.
    Originally posted by Cato
    Golden, why are you FAT?
    Originally posted by lesfunk
    Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Thread Information