• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by YAWN
    Whatchoo need, meng???

Really? Are we truly countering Alec Baldwin with Mel Gibson? Parrying the ridicule of the asinine statements made by a proven spineless jackass whose own party holds him in about the same regard as Michael Moore - with the actions of Mel Gibson's father? Horace would be proud...
    I don't know what meng is.

Actually, many people believe "The Passion off the Christ" is latently or blatantly anti-Semitic and feeds into the whole traditional line of anti-Semitism that, "The Jews killed Jesus blah blah..." argument. And that had a lot to do with Gibson's father. I haven't seen the film yet, so I really can't say.

But I could give a shit about either Baldwin or Gibson (both of whom I like as actors) just pointing out this ludicrous right-wing obsession with all things Hollywood, and the countless stupid threads we have on them ala' Newsmax.

Michael Moore is different, he made a political film and has thus made himself a political target. No problems, we have about five threads on him that I can remember.

I'm just sick of the Barbara Streisand/Alec Baldwin crap and how it's supposed to have some big symbolic meaning, when the only people that give a shit about what they say are right-wing talk radio buffoons and internet spin sites. Who cares what they say publicly? I don't. I like Baldwin as an actor but he's an undereducated half-wit when it comes to anything else.

Should I start posting articles on what a great Republican Sammy Hagar is?

Comment

• YAWN

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      I don't know what meng is.

"What do you require, sir?", urbanized to "What do you need, man?" and further Tony-Montana-dialectized to "Whatchoo need, meng?", a la Al Pacino in Scarface. Short version: "meng" = "man".

Actually, many people believe "The Passion off the Christ" is latently or blatantly anti-Semitic and feeds into the whole traditional line of anti-Semitism that, "The Jews killed Jesus blah blah..." argument. And that had a lot to do with Gibson's father. I haven't seen the film yet, so I really can't say.

Ah, okay. Really, it only boiled down to one line, and he caved on it in the end.

But I could give a shit about either Baldwin or Gibson (both of whom I like as actors) just pointing out this ludicrous right-wing obsession with all things Hollywood

For real... interestingly enough, Hollywood seems to have an obsession with all things pseudo-liberal. Maybe we should call it the "Hollywood Left".

I'm just sick of the Barbara Streisand/Alec Baldwin crap and how it's supposed to have some big symbolic meaning, when the only people that give a shit about what they say are right-wing talk radio buffoons and internet spin sites. Who cares what they say publicly? I don't. I like Baldwin as an actor but he's an undereducated half-wit when it comes to anything else.

Hey, right there with ya, man... but we're not the majority viewpoint. The media whores see that shit and deem it newsworthy, and a big portion of the public eats it up and calls him a hero. Then they make their own "I'll leave the country" vow. Then NONE of 'em actually get the fuck out! Sucks.

Should I start posting articles on what a great Republican Sammy Hagar is?

Hey, hey, hey... don't go talkin' crazy now, man. Standard rules apply: the only Sammy Hagar article that need be posted around here are his obituary or retirement announcement!

Anyway, beers to you, man.
      Last edited by YAWN; 02-14-2005, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Working...