Member No
    Last Online
    03-17-2024 @ 01:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,481 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    The accidental genius being that truth told the difference in taste between shitty tequila and stupid expensive tequila is marginal and the whole thing is bullshit.

So he doubles down on his luck and then writing lyrics comes up with the idea of connecting with his audience by writing an ode moaning that there is a girl he wants to fuck that still won't let him even though he is much richer than her boyfriend????

It's the opposite of fucking heart, romance, escapism, anything. It's the opposite of art.

His lyric to his fans is 'sometimes despite the fact I am rich some of your girlfriends or daughters I want to fuck refuse and that makes me sad.'

Boo fucking hoo
    Well, it's just the lament of the entitled (poor me, I have so much more than most yet I didn't get everything I wanted) in song form. Then again, it's about what I'd expect, lyrically and attitudinally, from a right wing businessman who is a rock star in his spare time.

While I used to have a handle on who Hagar's audience was and who thought Sammy Hagar was cool back when he joined Van Halen - a predominately male audience comprised mostly of jocks/athletes who were a bit thick in terms of intelligence (going strictly off my own high school observations) - I can't say as I'd have a clue what type of person would pay money to see Hagar today, thought doubtless people still do. Is it just these same jock lunkheads from thirty years ago who are now in their late 40s? I've never met a hardcore Sammy Hagar fan before, ever, though doubtless such people exist. All I have met, particularly since Hagar left Van Halen in 1996, are some people here and there who went to see Hagar live but weren't what I would characterize as diehard Hagar fans, but rather fairly casual: they are familiar with his better-known material and the better-known Van Hagar material and go to his shows to have a sort of half-assed Parrothead drunken night out.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. Thanked Terry for this KICKASS post:

Seshmeister (07-29-2018)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,493 Times in 1,609 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I can't say as I'd have a clue what type of person would pay money to see Hagar today, thought doubtless people still do.
    In the weekly email from the Hard Rock Rocksino they had a presale code for The Circle. Just pulled up the general sale on Ticketmaster. First 13 rows in the center section are sold out. First 6 rows in the side sections are close to sold out, there are some accessible seats in those areas. Floor seats are $139 or $99, depending on how far back. And some clowns are re-selling, asking close to $200! Bleacher seats are $85 and there are about 160 of those left.

Show isn't until October. I wouldn't be surprised if they run a twofer or discounted tickets in September. I'll check back in a month and see what they have. It's the first show after the Cabo birthday party so they should at least be rehearsed. Unfortunately that doesn't mean the songs are any better.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

4. Thanked twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Terry (08-04-2018)

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,493 Times in 1,609 Posts

Guy claims "I don't need the money" and tickets are $85 to $140. Maybe Vic needs the money. I'm sure Jason Bonham is doing ok on Zeppelin royalties.

6. 2 users say thank you to twonabomber for this KICKASS post:

Golden AWe (08-03-2018),Terry (08-04-2018)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-17-2024 @ 01:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,481 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    In the weekly email from the Hard Rock Rocksino they had a presale code for The Circle. Just pulled up the general sale on Ticketmaster. First 13 rows in the center section are sold out. First 6 rows in the side sections are close to sold out, there are some accessible seats in those areas. Floor seats are $139 or $99, depending on how far back. And some clowns are re-selling, asking close to $200! Bleacher seats are $85 and there are about 160 of those left.

Show isn't until October. I wouldn't be surprised if they run a twofer or discounted tickets in September. I'll check back in a month and see what they have. It's the first show after the Cabo birthday party so they should at least be rehearsed. Unfortunately that doesn't mean the songs are any better.
    And that's a 2,600 seat venue, if I'm reading the capacity correctly?

And assuming the longtime conventional wisdom regarding the fervor of rock fans in Cleveland (am not taking the piss here, either: am not anti-Cleveland by any means) remains true today, I'd imagine Hagar fronting a band that has Michael Anthony and Jason Bonham should manage to fill such a venue...although those ticket prices you quoted do seem to be a bit on the high end at first glance, $50 a pop is pretty much the ultra low end baseline price for seeing a name act these days, or an act that has famous musicians. So, I guess $75 a pop and up isn't such a stretch for those who would want to see it.

Personally, looking at the other acts playing there this fall, I'd rather go see Gordon Lightfoot than Sammy Buffett's Margaritaville-lite Rock Star Cabo Revue (or whatever the fuck his band is called): Lightfoot has better songs.

Dumpwaffen SS
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:36 PM
    Status
    Thanks

You too, all, thanks! Running a family, being a editor-in-chief for the biggest hockey web magazine for five years, doing two jobs and at the moment writing my second book. So I've been keeping busy. Got married and partly managed to ruin it too, keeping so busy. 😁

Van Halen and DLR have stayed on my radio. I've also had time to finally get to know some old bands I didn't have time before: Rush, Steely Dan, Kraftwerk and many albums from great artists I knew but didn't have all the albums before: Zappa, Beck, Jethro Tull...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jérôme Frenchise View Post
    Hi Golden Awe, where have you been? Long time no see... Lost in the Laponian forests or half-drowned in one of your thousand lakes?
    Lähetetty minun PLK-L01 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

9. 3 users say thank you to Golden AWe for this KICKASS post:

Jérôme Frenchise (08-04-2018),Nickdfresh (08-04-2018),Terry (08-04-2018)

Thread Information