Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
The accidental genius being that truth told the difference in taste between shitty tequila and stupid expensive tequila is marginal and the whole thing is bullshit.

So he doubles down on his luck and then writing lyrics comes up with the idea of connecting with his audience by writing an ode moaning that there is a girl he wants to fuck that still won't let him even though he is much richer than her boyfriend????

It's the opposite of fucking heart, romance, escapism, anything. It's the opposite of art.

His lyric to his fans is 'sometimes despite the fact I am rich some of your girlfriends or daughters I want to fuck refuse and that makes me sad.'

Boo fucking hoo
Well, it's just the lament of the entitled (poor me, I have so much more than most yet I didn't get everything I wanted) in song form. Then again, it's about what I'd expect, lyrically and attitudinally, from a right wing businessman who is a rock star in his spare time.

While I used to have a handle on who Hagar's audience was and who thought Sammy Hagar was cool back when he joined Van Halen - a predominately male audience comprised mostly of jocks/athletes who were a bit thick in terms of intelligence (going strictly off my own high school observations) - I can't say as I'd have a clue what type of person would pay money to see Hagar today, thought doubtless people still do. Is it just these same jock lunkheads from thirty years ago who are now in their late 40s? I've never met a hardcore Sammy Hagar fan before, ever, though doubtless such people exist. All I have met, particularly since Hagar left Van Halen in 1996, are some people here and there who went to see Hagar live but weren't what I would characterize as diehard Hagar fans, but rather fairly casual: they are familiar with his better-known material and the better-known Van Hagar material and go to his shows to have a sort of half-assed Parrothead drunken night out.