X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Guitar Shark
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Rachel Corrie's Parents Sue Caterpillar

Check this out... talk about ridiculous!!!

Family of protester killed by bulldozer suing Caterpillar

02:58 PM PST on Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Associated Press

SEATTLE - The parents of a 23-year-old activist killed while trying to prevent the demolition of a Palestinian home is suing Caterpillar Inc., the company that made the bulldozer that ran over her.

The federal lawsuit, which lawyers said would be filed here Tuesday, alleges that Caterpillar violated international and state law by providing specially designed bulldozers to Israeli Defense Forces that it knew would be used to demolish homes and endanger people.

Rachel Corrie, a student at The Evergreen State College in Olympia, was standing in front of a home in a refugee camp in Rafah, near the Egyptian border, on March 16, 2003, when a bulldozer plowed over her.

"The brutal death of my daughter should never have happened," Corrie's mother, Cindy Corrie, said in a statement released by the Center for Constitutional Rights, a law firm handling the case.

"We believe Caterpillar and the (Israeli Defense Forces) must be held accountable for their role in the attack." Caterpillar spokeswoman Linda Fairbanks said the company had no comment on the lawsuit.

However, the company released a general, written statement Tuesday that said: "Caterpillar shares the world's concern over unrest in the Middle East and we certainly have compassion for all those affected by political strife.

"However, more than 2 million Caterpillar machines and engines are at work in virtually every region of the world each day. We have neither the legal right nor the means to police individual use of that equipment."

The statement did not refer to the lawsuit.

The Corries have filed separate claims in Israel against the state of Israel, the Israeli Defense Ministry and the Israeli Defense Forces.

The Israeli military classified Corrie's death as an accident.

ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Matt, please don't feed the trolls.

And it's the terrorist murderer Ariel Sharon who should be on trial for that murder. And thousands of others.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• diamondD
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

Actually, I was sure you would post some kind of tie between the BSCE and Caterpillar. There's got to be some facts you can twist into it, especially when you throw in some "probablies" and "what ifs"
      Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• BigBadBrian
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

I'm sure Bush and the BCE have a lot of stock in Caterpillar.
        “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

Working...