X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mewisemagic
    Commando
    • Jan 2004

Dave,1999 tour w/Bad Co.

just curious,how many of yall saw this tour and what did you think at the time??i saw this show(i think)it was july 17th 1999 at reunion arena in dallas and i was so ready to see dave in concert again(hadnt seen him since 1994 at deep ellum live,in dallas)anyway i thought dave put his all into that show and i walked away with that same feeling that i always had after leaving a vh/dave show from days past.i took my son with me who was 10 years old at the time and he had never seen dave live,but he did go with me to see the vh3 fiasco a year sooner at the starplex in dallas,after seeing dave that night he understood the legacy of david lee roth,and begged me to take him to the"dave and sam"show in 2002 which i did,and to this day at 15 years old he is still a roth fan!!o.k. im drunk and rambling on...going back to the 1999 dave show it occured to me today that a guy that sat next to us in the lower balcony at reunion may be a member of this site,so i thought i would throw this out here in curiosity.he was app 6 feet tall,blue jeans and a blue jean vest with more roth/vh buttons on it than i knew existed..if that guy was you..let me know,if not ,yall tell me what yalls version of the 99 show was like!

p.s.we got up after dave was done and gave our stubs to a couple of girls at the very back of the arena that were there to see Bad Co..

'
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Yep, I caught this show in July, I believe, in Chicago.

I thought Dave was in fine form.

I remember he made a crack about Hagar during the show and some fat ass down the row booed.

Comment

• damianleeroth
      Full On Cocktard
      • Mar 2004

I wrote about this show in the Downloads Forum thread awhile back. It was great and really had some choice moments. Don't know who the guy was in the vest though.

Comment

• Carmine
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2004

I saw this show at Six Flags, Darien Lake in Buffalo, NY, in July 99, I think?

One of his better set lists, IMO.

Comment

• MmboSlmrCasalad
          Roadie
          • May 2004

I caught DLR's opening set at Stabler Arena in Bethlehem, PA on that tour; one of the last shows at which Dave and his band performed "Slam Dunk!"

Definitely a turning point in seeing DLR live. Not only was it was his first tour in quite some time, but it was the first time he relied almost exclsuively on VH in his set. It was truly great, as those songs hadn't received the Roth treatment in a L O N G time.

Comment

• Polk High
            Sniper
            • Jan 2004

I saw it in Philly (my first ever DLR show).
            It was pretty good, but his sound I think is 5x better. It seems that even though he does almost the same setlist over and over again, it just never gets old.

I've seen him 4 total times and the last time was at the 9:30 club in DC (the greatest ever show I've ever been to.) Front row!!!!!
            We're gonna leave you smokin like the slow guy in Chernobyl

Comment

• tjvhou812
              Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

i saw that show a the tweeter center in mass....
              one of the best shows i ever saw...

i had front row seats, and got to shake the hand of the
              greatest frontman ever.....

and he banged out nothing but cvh tunes, except
              for tabaco roads....

but anyway, bad co sucked....

i may have enjoyed bad co. if they didnt play w/dave
              because dave blew them away
              Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• fanofdave
                Foot Soldier
                • Jan 2004

I saw Diamond Dave in 1999 at the Joe Louis Arena
                in Detroit. Awesome show. Dave belted out the songs
                and proved he is the ultimate frontman. I've seen him
                three times since then and each show was incredible.
                Dave doesn't need VH half as much as they need him.

Comment

• ritetoolforjob
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2005

julesk is a closet sammy hagar fan

Comment

• ritetoolforjob
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2005

went out for halloween as hagar (circa can't drive55 costume!)

Comment

• DUNN28
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2004

Saw it in Detroit and left 3 songs into Bad Co set they were boring the hell out of me after seeing Dave

Comment

• speedtruckermf
                        Groupie
                        • Mar 2004

I was driving by reunion and saw the sign out front. I bought a ticket from a scalper and saw Dave kick-ass! I left before Bad Co. They wern't going to do anything to impress me after that. Killer show.

Comment

• Knuclebones03
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Apr 2004

Me and my wife saw this show in 1999 in San Diego. Drove two hours from L.A. because Dave didnt play with Bad Co. when they played here. It was well worth the drive. Dave just kicked ass and the crowd gave him a rounding response to the show, plus I know there was a lot of Bad Co. fans that didnt know DLR was opening up the show because the tickets didnt even have his name on them. We had a great time at the show and havent missed a DLR show since when he's in town. I saw him in 1982 with VH, solo in 1986 and 1988 so I was a little curious on how he was going to sound since the VH bros talked a lot of shit about him not being the same DLR when he left the band in 1985 . He proved them wrong and still is the Great Frontman that he is today. No true Classic VH fan should miss a show when he's in your town. Later

Comment

• Warham
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

I didn't stay long enough to see Bad Company.

Comment

• VH LINKS SUCKS
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Jan 2004

Dave put on a great show on the 4th of July at Darrien Lake!

Comment

Working...