Eddie Van Halen is a wonderful singer, LET HIM FRONT VAN HALEN!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fryingdutchman
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Sadly, with hindsight as our guide and knowing how his marriage played out, it now comes across as if it were a last ditch effort to save the situation.

I guess he thought that Val might cream her jeans like she did in the early 80's if he flung a bunch of sappy lyrics together with some uninspired melody.

Truly a "jump the shark" moment if there ever was one.
    Originally posted by perilouspete
    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Panamark
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Based on everyones comments, I have never listened to this song.
      Im worried it will destroy any miniscule amount of respect I had
      left for the dude. (And thats even less than the size of Sammy's
      micro pee pee)
      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by WARF

Singin' like motherfuckin C 3 P O with his fucking ELECTRONIC VOICEBOX.... WHILE HE SMOKES A CIGARETTE THROUGH HIS FUCKING NECK!!!!

LMFAO!!! My new favorite quote...........

Comment

• Tom Vu
          Banned
          • Oct 2004

Eddie Honest

At least Eddie was honestly when he sing this song. At first I couldn't get use to Eddie's voice, but listen to it for awhile. It'll grow on you. The song is deep and it must be personally to the Eddie. He may not have lead singer's voice but you feel the emotion when he sing the lyrics. Like the entire 3 album, this will grown onto you. This song is very sentimental.

Oh, You Ate One Too?!?\m/\m/!!!

Comment

• fryingdutchman
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Tom Vu
            At first I couldn't get use to Eddie's voice, but listen to it for awhile. It'll grow on you. Like the entire 3 album, this will grown onto you.

Like a cancerous lesion....or sebacious cyst....or puss-filled boil

*insert your own disgusting growth here*
            Last edited by fryingdutchman; 03-30-2005, 06:43 AM.
            Originally posted by perilouspete
            fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• hard rock
              Head Fluffer
              • Oct 2004

As horrible as How many say I is i always thought that Eddie sounded a little like Roger Waters on that tune. Has anyone else ever noticed that.

I think had Roger Waters put that out people would say wow what a great tune but because it is so far removed from what is considered usual VH sound ( roth and hagar eras combined) we look at it in a negative way. i know i do

Comment

• vanzilla
                Veteran
                • Jul 2004

Eddie sounds like Roger Waters coming out of my ass. I didn't hate 3 - it of course didn't match up to CVH at all, but IMO it was better than some of the crap they put out with Hagar.

How Many Say I however was Ed's way of flexing his muscles and showing people that he's the leader of the club. Do you think that crap would've ever been released if Dave was in the mix?

If Eddie wants to put out a solo album and wack off to material of that ilk then by all means let him do it. How Many Say I has NO place on a VH record.

The name of that song should've been:

"How Many Say I LOST MY FUCKING EDGE A LONG TIME AGO".
                Just because the title "moderator" is under my name doesn't mean I have to be nice to cunts like you. - DLR7884 to FPC

Vanzilla's New "Can't Get This Stuff No More" Video Coming Soon!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Re: Eddie Honest

Originally posted by Tom Vu
                  At least Eddie was honestly when he sing this song. At first I couldn't get use to Eddie's voice, but listen to it for awhile. It'll grow on you. The song is deep and it must be personally to the Eddie. He may not have lead singer's voice but you feel the emotion when he sing the lyrics. Like the entire 3 album, this will grown onto you. This song is very sentimental.

Oh, You Ate One Too?!?\m/\m/!!!
                  "Grown' onto you?" You mean like one of Gary's yeast infections or SAMMY's persistant jockage?
                  Last edited by Nickdfresh; 03-30-2005, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• secrets
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Apr 2004

Never even heard VH3 so I can only imagine how bad it is.

Ed isn't the only guitar hero who thinks he can sing; I think
                    Eric Johnson and Joe Satriani are very weak in that department too.
                    Achtung Baby I say, I say...

Comment

• bueno bob
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

You should all listen to Yngwie's attempts at vocalization on the "Genesis" album and his vocal rendition of "Manic Depression" on "Inspiration"...words cannot describe...ABBA he's not...
                      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• secrets
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Apr 2004

I guess it's an ego thing, these guys get so much praise for their playing they figure 'hey how difficult can it be to sing?'

Big mistake. There's probably only a few guitar virtuosos that can sing well and play at the same time.

Hendrix would be top of my list.

Comment

• bueno bob
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

The really funny thing? I can't count the number of FOOLS that said "Hey - Eddie sang lead on 'How Many Say I' and it was great! Why doesn't EDDIE sing lead for Van Halen???" back in 1999 on all the boards...

Idiocy is one fashion that sadly never goes out of style.
                          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• secrets
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Apr 2004

What's funnier is that if you asked him, Ed would probably admit that he sucks badly at being a lead singer.

He used to be lead singer in the early days but knew he was pretty crap which is why they got themselves a proper front man.

Shame they never really appreciated him.

Comment

• BlimpyCHIMP™
                              Banned
                              • May 2004

HEY I HELD RAGING BONERS OUT TO THE SCREEN IN FRONT OF THOSE TV IMAGES OF MRS ROPER

FUCK OFF,
                              BC!!

YOU IS FUCKING WITH MY ADOLESCANTS MEMMORIES: TELL ME YOU DIDNT WHACK IT TO MRS ROPERS MUMUU

Comment

• bueno bob
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by BlimpyCHIMP™
                                HEY I HELD RAGING BONERS OUT TO THE SCREEN IN FRONT OF THOSE TV IMAGES OF MRS ROPER

FUCK OFF,
                                BC!!

YOU IS FUCKING WITH MY ADOLESCANTS MEMMORIES: TELL ME YOU DIDNT WHACK IT TO MRS ROPERS MUMUU
                                :confused:
                                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

Working...