X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guwapo_rocker

Slash to perform national anthem!

Slash Performs National Anthem in Toronto
    Published: 2005-03-30
    In an attempt to bring a dramatic home opener to Toronto, renowned guitarist Slash will perform the national anthems before the Toronto Blue Jays April 8 home opener against the Boston Red Sox. Slash, who is well known for his mass of black curly hair, signature top hat, and dangling cigarette will make a side trip to Toronto from his current North American tour with Velvet Revolver.

Breaking away from the previous years opening performances made by R&B artist Keshia Chante and Shawn Desman, Slash who has never made such an anthem performance was thrilled at the opportunity.

As for what we are to expect from this ex-Guns 'n' Roses lead guitarist who is world renowned for his lead guitar solos, Blue Jays vice-president of consumer marketing, Laurel Lindsay had this to say, "It's going to be similar to a Jimi Hendrix style of anthem," she said. "It's going to be his rendition. He's been supplied with all the music and I know he's already practicing."

Writer: Soul Shine Staff

Link
  • Soul Reaper
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2005

this should be pretty good.

has there ever been a guitarist who's fucked up the national anthem?
    ROTH ARMY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RothArmyVideos

"May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face." - Frank Zappa to Tipper Gore

Comment

• Mr Grimsdale
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Soul Reaper
      this should be pretty good.

has there ever been a guitarist who's fucked up the national anthem?
      i try my best
      hahaha
      Originally posted by flappo
      i'm sure grimsdale's on drugs

Originally posted by Cato
      translating your Japanese.

"Master Cato is...I order, it's yours. don't ask me to do gay material for the life of me because you kick my bat."

omae baka dana?

Comment

• BrownSound1
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Mar 2003

Damn guwapo...Hagar looks like a little kid who is trying not to piss on himself.

Comment

Working...