X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shaun Ponsonby
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Oct 2004

$100,000 To Nugent

The Associated Press is reporting that a Muskegon County jury ruled Thursday (March 31) that a music festival must pay $100,000 in damages to Ted Nugent.

The guitarist-singer, perhaps best known for his 1977 hit "Cat Scratch Fever", had sued Muskegon Summer Celebration over the cancellation of his June 2003 show.

Nugent said a festival news release at the time of the cancellation wrongly accused him of making racist remarks.

The jury found that festival organizers breached their contract with Nugent and awarded him $80,000 in damages, as well as another $20,000 for lost proceeds from the sale of merchandise.

Nugent's concert was canceled after he used a slur offensive to blacks during a live interview on Denver radio station KRFX-FM in May 2003.

During the trial, Nugent testified that he used the word while quoting a black Motown musician's compliment to a then-teenage Nugent in reference to his guitar skills.

Nugent, a 56-year-old Detroit native, now lives in Crawford, Texas.
    Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?
  • tydhurst
    Commando
    • Mar 2004

what did he say?
    Don't need a gun to blow your mind!

http://tydhurst.proboards30.com

Join my forum.

Comment

• Figs
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jun 2004

Good for Uncle Ted! Screw those fucking assholes......

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Oct 2004

Apparently, he said "******" (I'm guessing, everybody is just referring to it as the N-word).
        Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

Working...