Thread: State of the Army Discussion

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

State of the Army Discussion

I pulled this out of respect for Flappo's Mod worship thread so as not to polute it any further on a side subject. Discuss...

Originally posted by Northern Girl
    Originally posted by Mezro
    My way of saying this bullshit soap opera is over.

Mezro...sends the right message and is better than banning people I consider friends... ”

There-in lies the heart of the issue... this place has always had a policy that bannings, thread closures and/or deletions were a pussy's way out of board management.

Great pride was taken in policing this place through a more direct in-your-face method of letting the inner culture run the ship. Many a Roth Army warrior's battle chests were filled with the battle booty & corpses of the fallen that were taken down in a true Army fashion... through blood and pure aggression. Has the Diamond Mafia been forgotten with EEAS??

To bring in civil policies and a rule of law is to align this place with the safer haven for the meek and mild such as the Links, Pleasure Dome, etc... In essence, it's like having the fucking Girl Scouts leading the Marine Corps...

While the notion of order, civility, and gentle handedness may sound appealing to some of those without the stomach for a rough and tumble no-holds-barred atmosphere... To embrace this it's a slap in the face to mighty warriors that built this place. Go ahead and neuter your strongest soldiers and allow this attrocity if you want a new Den-Mother... IMO it is a great disrespect for the veterans who rocked the house that Roth built!!!
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Banned
    THE GRATEST™
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ok , you got your sticky

do please tell us where we're all going wrong

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    YEAH! What Zoo said....
    Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Banned
    THE GRATEST™
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    go on , tell us what to do then

i'm all ears

WEBMASTER OF WEBMASTERS
    Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Problem is that you guys get OWNED to fucking easy.
    Seshmeister is such a STUD.........OOOOOOOOOO

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/im...cnesbitt_1.jpg

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Jesterstar
    no...the problem is that this place got spammed, bored and psyched up by egomaniacs who don't give a shit about the fact that this is a "ROTH"-site and not a "how to get over my inferior-complex" site...

got an idea why I quoted your post?
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Banned
    THE GRATEST™
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    i just quit as a mod at the rb

i'm not into that mod crap

this place is different

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
    no...the problem is that this place got spammed, bored and psyched up by egomaniacs who don't give a shit about the fact that this is a "ROTH"-site and not a "how to get over my inferior-complex" site...

exactly.

It begs the question.....

What iS the best solution to morons who CONSTANTLY start bullshit threads about THEMSELVES. There's been 3 of these droolers lately

KATYDID
    JOE THUNDER
    JESTERSTAR

All three are attention whores who spam this place for their own amusement.

katy is gone
    joe's been banned AGAIN

which now just leaves the fool

Ar we to ignore them, cuntinue to mock and ridicule them, or do the NEW MODS have a NEW PLAN?

just wondering...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    my point is that I always was against banning or closing or/and deleting threads because normally things has gone their "natural" way...but the attitude has changed, some seem to really give a shit about any topic of any thread and start their personal things and ruin every topic with it.

sheep always came here, talked shit about dave and got flamed their asses off the site, no problem...but having "anti-dave-threads" en masse everyday in main or big pics to use up bandwith is not funny and fucks up the site...if the webbies fight against that...fine...

I guess there is no problem for anybody here to talk about whatever the fuck he or she wants...but not in EVERY thread...

now shut the fuck up, put on some roth and peace...

WEBMASTER OF WEBMASTERS
    Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

\
    Do some reading. I never spam the Main and I don't spam period. THIS IS THE NON DLR FORUM!!!!!

I can say whatever the fuck I want. Your fucking owned.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't spam period.
    so please tell me, why a lot of the 133 threads you started have "jesterstar" or "make me a mod" or "I own..." in their title if it's not for your little ego to get some attention?

you talk about whatever the fuck you want WHEREEVER the fuck you want and I never read anything you post about what the site stands for...so WHO do you think needs you here except from yourself?

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The owned thing is overrated and been watered down by pussy's preying on the weak... battle a worthy opponent on a level playing field and be the last man standing. Then you gots something to talk about...

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don’t usually do this sort of thing, but I’m hormonal and will use that as my defense if need be.

A lot of people are getting carried away here. Mezro is a fair and honorable man and also one of ideas and vision. We all know his attitude and the way he conducts himself. It’s funny how only a couple weeks ago I was reading post after post praising him; and now because he’s in a different position, he is being questioned.

Order, civility, and gentle-handedness? Is that really what you see happening here? He made flappo a mod for goodness sakes! (No offense flap. ) There will be plenty of battles to keep the warriors happy.

I don’t think anyone is being disrespected here. If nothing else, keeping this site alive and fresh is a tribute to those that built it. We can focus on the future and still respect the past.

You certainly all have the right to your opinions, but let’s give the guy a chance and give him the benefit of the doubt and see what happens. You never know what’s going to happen until you try.
    Different position... Different actions. Thread closure/deletions and threats of banning of both regulars and mods wasn't part of this landscape.

Fair and honorable men ran/run the Pleasure Dome and Links... Sarge ran this place fair and honorable in the pure vain of beligerant enthusiasm... there's a big difference!!

When you got mods throttling back and holding their tongues so as not to rock the boat it's a clear sign of what's happened...

WEBMASTER OF WEBMASTERS
    Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    so please tell me, why a lot of the 133 threads you started have "jesterstar" or "make me a mod" or "I own..." in their title if it's not for your little ego to get some attention?

you talk about whatever the fuck you want WHEREEVER the fuck you want and I never read anything you post about what the site stands for...so WHO do you think needs you here except from yourself?
    I'm in the NON or if I am in the Front line or the Dump. I talk about polotics. Its just everyone has a hardon for me because they've never seen anyone so incredible.

I'm just not the type of person even if I like something to go on talking about it at ends. I don't have hero worship like a ton of others here. Anyone that is their own man knows that.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by ZahZoo
    Different position... Different actions. Thread closure/deletions and threats of banning of both regulars and mods wasn't part of this landscape.
    One thread closure does not a pattern make. He's stated he's not in favor of it and he's heard everyone's opinion of it. Wait and see.

When you got mods throttling back and holding their tongues so as not to rock the boat it's a clear sign of what's happened...
    Where are all these outspoken mods that are holding their tongues? I don't see it. Most mods around here are pretty mellow. I don't think things are as different as you are suggesting or predicting they will be. Wait and see.

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Where are all these outspoken mods that are holding their tongues? I don't see it.
    There are out there, if they are holding their tongues how would you know about it? Duhhhh.....

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Full Bug
    There are out there, if they are holding their tongues how would you know about it? Duhhhh.....
    I think you missed my point. I see the mods as being pretty mellow. I don't see any of them as these sword-wielding warriors that are all of a sudden being stifled.

I've seen a few have some good flame when need be; but for the most part, they are all pretty mild IMO. Sorry to tell you, but they are all pretty nice guys (and girl) whether they like to hear it or not.

SHEEP PEN-JUNKHEAD
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I can tell you all right now, the MAIN will not be filled with Jester, Joe or any other spammer's posts, unless there is a rare instance where it actually has to do with DLR/VH.

DLR7884
    That's all I can do to end this crap.
    Originally Posted by WARF:
    DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by flappo
    ok , you got your sticky

do please tell us where we're all going wrong
    Please, for the love of God, do not censor threads by deleting them. It's one thing to be irreverently funny, something FLAPPO is most excellent at. That's one thing. But censorship never mad one fucking thing better!

It certainly will not improve this place. The now-infamous RIKK's "I fired My Drummer" thread turned into an ugly piece of shit, no cuntention on that, and no one was uglier in it than my ass , but I think MEZRO should have left it locked up.

SHEEP PEN Yahweh
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The site was once Eat 'Em and Smile. It's turning into Skyscraper.

I have no fucking idea what I'm talking about, but I feel I may be onto something...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by LoungeMachine
    exactly.

It begs the question.....

What iS the best solution to morons who CONSTANTLY start bullshit threads about THEMSELVES. There's been 3 of these droolers lately

KATYDID
    JOE THUNDER
    JESTERSTAR

All three are attention whores who spam this place for their own amusement.

katy is gone
    joe's been banned AGAIN

which now just leaves the fool

Ar we to ignore them, cuntinue to mock and ridicule them, or do the NEW MODS have a NEW PLAN?

just wondering...
    Threads devoid of Roth cuntent should be locked up, but people should not be terrorized or driven into exile with threats of banning.

That being said, yes JOE THUDNER's "Cocaine suppository" threads should be locked up of sent to a forum, perhaps we could create a new one for locked up threads or something. Though I reckon bandwidth is an issue.

The Katydid's cunt-and-paste nonsense went on for far too-long also, but I think people have the right to flame, just as the Mods have the right make subjective calls to lock threads and send them on their way (i.e. JOE's "I just shoved coke up my ass while tea-bagging my boyfriend..." threads).

Granted, the flame war nonsense here can get out of hand, but that being said, people have the right to do it. That's the site SARGE set up!
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 04-02-2005 at 01:34 PM.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Fair and honorable men ran/run the Pleasure Dome and Links... Sarge ran this place fair and honorable in the pure vain of beligerant enthusiasm... there's a big difference!!

AYYYY-FUCKING-MEN!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm in the NON or if I am in the Front line or the Dump. I talk about polotics. Its just everyone has a hardon for me because they've never seen anyone so incredible.

I'm just not the type of person even if I like something to go on talking about it at ends. I don't have hero worship like a ton of others here. Anyone that is their own man knows that.
    JESTER! You launch into "LOUNGE is a big...blah, blah,..." all the time in the FRONTLINE, right in the middle "polotical'" threads when he has just commented articulately and not said a thing to you! This shit goes on in threads that having nothing to with your OWNING flamewars!

Remember JESTER, the cheese-eating MOONMEN are watching you!

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well Zoo, if you hated the Dome so much, why the fuck did you post there so god damn much?

I bet besides maybe Sarge and myself, there isn't one person here who was around back then who didn't make at least one post on there. So for all the bitching about that place, you guys sure didn't mind posting there for whatever reason.

Last edited by Brett; 04-02-2005 at 01:34 PM.

The Todd Show
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: State of the Army Discussion

There-in lies the heart of the issue... this place has always had a policy that bannings, thread closures and/or deletions were a pussy's way out of board management.

Great pride was taken in policing this place through a more direct in-your-face method of letting the inner culture run the ship. Many a Roth Army warrior's battle chests were filled with the battle booty & corpses of the fallen that were taken down in a true Army fashion...
    Holy shit Z! Are you fucking nuts? Have you watched the Lord of the Rings recently? Should I start calling you Tree Beard?

You love the direct in-your-face way of playing the game...provided it all plays out the way you want it. I would tag that as being a wee bit hypocritical.

A thread was closed to send a statement: well cry me a fucking river and call the ACLU. Sometimes the only way to make people understand is to kick them in the balls. If certain people didn't act like obsessive, abusive, spoiled prick kids I wouldn't have to treat them as such.

A good fight is one thing - taking a feud to the point of threatening others in the "real" world is where I draw the line.

Nobody was banned but that was an option. If the Webbies & Sarge agree to it then what the fuck are you going to do? You could protest - tie yourself to our server, wear a beret, raise your fist and scream that Leonard Peltier and the Roth Army should be set free.

None of us really want to delete threads and ban people but shit happens man. If you want to think I'm the great censor/evil go right ahead. I am going to keep doing things the way I want to and the way I think will make the Army a better place.

If you, Full Bug & Catbitch are not happy here I suggest you find a new home.

Mezro...it is nothing personal....don't create a conspiracy/drama where there is none...
    Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

The Todd Show
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    but I think MEZRO should have left it locked up.
    Mezro...maybe I should have...but I made a choice (not a popular one) and I stand by it...

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Re: State of the Army Discussion

Holy shit Z! Are you fucking nuts? Have you watched the Lord of the Rings recently? Should I start calling you Tree Beard?

You love the direct in-your-face way of playing the game...provided it all plays out the way you want it. I would tag that as being a wee bit hypocritical.

A thread was closed to send a statement: well cry me a fucking river and call the ACLU. Sometimes the only way to make people understand is to kick them in the balls. If certain people didn't act like obsessive, abusive, spoiled prick kids I wouldn't have to treat them as such.

A good fight is one thing - taking a feud to the point of threatening others in the "real" world is where I draw the line.

Nobody was banned but that was an option. If the Webbies & Sarge agree to it then what the fuck are you going to do? You could protest - tie yourself to our server, wear a beret, raise your fist and scream that Leonard Peltier and the Roth Army should be set free.

None of us really want to delete threads and ban people but shit happens man. If you want to think I'm the great censor/evil go right ahead. I am going to keep doing things the way I want to and the way I think will make the Army a better place.

If you, Full Bug & Catbitch are not happy here I suggest you find a new home.

Mezro...it is nothing personal....don't create a conspiracy/drama where there is none...
    Spin it anyway you want Mez, deleted threads never happened before you were given the keys, doing so just makes this site one step closer to the Links....

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Mezro...maybe I should have...but I made a choice (not a popular one) and I stand by it...
    This is exactly the attitude which continues earning MEZ his Mod status: he considered his options, weighed them carefully against who's gonna cry about it, then stands by his decision.

We can't all watch every thread and every post, and MEZRO is on this shit - he's tolerant to a point and then considers other action later. I doubt he's cut of the same BAN FUCKING HAPPY cloth as Brett & Company, but the majority of us here are NOT and encourage any and all dialogue DLRVH or non-DLRVH.

Zah has made a point which Mez is now aware of. Maybe next time a PM would suffice? Because its not like we ain't accountable to each other if we're all on the same fan-page here and it can't hurt to ask privately in the future "hey, man?"

AND, thanks for playing.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You know, if there was a real problem here, I'd expect the Roth Army Mods would be the ones bitching about it, not the mods of a different site all together.
    I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by LoungeMachine

KATYDID JOE THUNDER JESTERSTAR
    "Katy Lee Danniels Roth" was tolerated for nearly a year before her threads got the Bardex Nozzle of Relief. And a relief it was.

At least Joe and Jesty are on topic and VH fans, Joe being a guy who fabricates and is mostly ignored, and JesterSTAR™ who makes a point you can't ignore sometimes.

There is no remedy for JesterSTAR™, that's like saying Hitch1969© is a "drooler" also. They are keystoned players in the HitchWorld universe and aren't going away anytimes soon.

IN FACT this board will leave the net before they do, you'll just have to deal with it, LoungeMachine.

The Todd Show
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Re: Re: State of the Army Discussion

Originally posted by Full Bug
    Spin it anyway you want Mez, deleted threads never happened before you were given the keys, doing so just makes this site one step closer to the Links....
    There is no spin Bug.

Mezro...I tried something new...get over it and move on...

The Todd Show
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by GAR
    Zah has made a point which Mez is now aware of. Maybe next time a PM would suffice?
    I have heard the voice of the few.

Mezro...and I still stand by my decision...but yes, a PM to discuss would have been nice...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    One thread closure does not a pattern make. He's stated he's not in favor of it and he's heard everyone's opinion of it. Wait and see.
    I do think MEZRO is an honorable man, and I have always enjoyed his stuff in the MAIN since I've been posting here.

But yet the ROMANs had a saying, that may not apply here:

"Bad beginnings beget bad endings."

The Todd Show
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

And I have saying: I can't change the past, I can only live in the present and try to make a better future.

Mezro...fuck...I sound like some shitty self help guru...

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    3K in posts, and modship to boot says this is good beginnings if anything.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And I have saying: I can't change the past, I can only live in the present and try to make a better future.

Point taken. But I stand by my words also that censorship never made anything better.

Also, was the one making threats the only one punished? Or were the threatend punished as well?

SHEEP PEN Yahweh
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Actually, with the "I may have not made the popular decision, but I stand by it"you sounded more than a little like W. during the election trail.

Just don't start talking about turning our IPs into personal private accounts, please!

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

There is also a saying about the word "assume" we all know.

Why don't we wait and see.

Also, was the one making threats the only one punished? Or were the threatend punished as well?
    LOL. Punished? Was he giving out spankings I didn't know about? Damn.

The Todd Show
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Point taken. But I stand by my words also that censorship never made anything better.

Your point is more than valid - there were people who got caught up in it that did nothing wrong. For that I am sorry.

I never viewed it as censorship. I shut down a hate and threat filled thread.

Mezro...if it was a thread that was filled with racial slurs or Joe Thunder spamming nobody would have given a shit...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by academic punk
    Actually, with the "I may have not made the popular decision, but I stand by it"you sounded more than a little like W. during the election trail.

Just don't start talking about turning our IPs into personal private accounts, please!
    Or the Patriot Act or...Naw fuck it! This isn't the FRONTLINE!

Thread Information