ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Unhappy Pope John Paul II has died

AP and Reuters reporting, details as they come in.....
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

SHEEP PEN Yahweh
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    01-21-2012 @ 12:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks

details?? it's all we've heard about the for the past 48 hours! it's not like anyone is sitting here thinking, "wow, who saw that coming..?"
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't speak a word of Italian, but the priests are speaking in front of the Vatican, so this one must be for real.

Rest in peace, JP

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

VATICAN CITY (AP) -- Pope John Paul II, the Polish pontiff who led the Roman Catholic Church for more than a quarter century and became history's most-traveled pope, has died at 84, the Vatican announced in an e-mail Saturday.

"The Holy Father died this evening at 9:37 p.m. (2:37 p.m. EST) in his private apartment. All the procedures outlined in the apostolic Constitution `Universi Dominici Gregis' that was written by John Paul II on Feb. 22, 1996, have been put in motion."

SHEEP PEN Yahweh
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    01-21-2012 @ 12:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Revive him!

This is just another example of whiny liberals not doing all they can to build a culture of life for the disabled!

Even if, in this case, the fella has a disability to get a pulse...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

Goodbye ol' holy father. He had a good run as Popes go.

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-09-2017 @ 06:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks

RIP, he did alot of good things, god bless him....

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    02-12-2012 @ 04:48 PM
    Status
    Thanks

RIP

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    02-12-2012 @ 04:48 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Just wanted to post the link FORD posted earlier. I am listening to this at work. Thanks!

Originally posted by FORD
    Live POPEWATCH video feed from CBS News

Reportedly, they will hang some sort of black curtain from the window when the Pope has died.

How did I get here?
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    07-20-2022 @ 10:16 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Italy!

The pope is dead.

I wuz looking at Italy on-ah da TV last-ah nite-ah.

I'm-ah gonna make-ah sum-ah spagett-ah wit-ah meat-ta...

oh, he was Polish.

Ahoj, dobre den!

I'm gona mak sum potato perogies wit onions and polish sausages.

DEFROST INSTRUCTIONS in English

Nope. I'm going back t2o the spagetti with meat-ah ballz-ah and-ah Italian-ahhhhhhh sausage-ah.

That's-ah what-ah I-ah want-ah.

Don't give me no perogies.

I'll go out of my head.

I want spagetti.

How did I get here?
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Phil theStalker
    Italy!

The pope is dead...

..I want spagetti.

Hey, I just poostied dis and an avalanch aff fakking wet snow just fell on-ah my house almost collapsing da roof. Tit wuz loud as HELL.

I'm-ah getting struck-ah by-ah G-d-ahh or-ah da fakking devil.

They both give me grief.

true dat

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Pope John Paul II Dead At 84
    VATICAN CITY, April 2, 2005

After a swift decline in his health over the past several days, Pope John Paul II died at his apartment at the Vatican Saturday. He was 84 years old.

"The angels welcome you," Vatican TV said after the announcement came from papal spokesman Joaquin Navarro-Valls.

Cardinal Angelo Sodano, the Vatican No. 2 official, led a tearful crowd of 70,000 people in St. Peter's Square in prayers for the pope, who led the Roman Catholic Church for the last 26 years.

Some people held their hands to their heads in disbelief. Others cried uncontrollably as they stood in the massive plaza beneath the pope's still-lighted apartment windows.

A Mass was scheduled for St. Peter's Square for Sunday morning.

The pope died at 9:37 p.m. (2:37 p.m. EST) after suffering heart and kidney failure following two hospitalizations in as many months. Just hours earlier, the Vatican said he was in "very serious" condition but had responded to members of the papal household.

The death of a pope triggers a mourning period as well as a gathering of cardinals to elect a successor, in what can be a lengthy process. It culminates with a vote — or up to 30 — in the Sistine Chapel.

Until then, power will be divided among a core group of Vatican officials.

Initial preparations got under way Saturday for the elaborate rituals marking a pope's death, with officials gearing up to accommodate the tens of thousands of pilgrims who were expected to converge on Rome as Pope John Paul II's following the pope's death.

Workmen in cherry-pickers began dismantling the canopy that normally stands on the steps of St. Peter's Basilica to shield the pope from the sun during outdoor Masses. One workman told The Associated Press the space had to be cleared for John Paul's funeral.

The city of Rome, meanwhile, began making plans to house the tens of thousands of pilgrims expected to flock to the city over the coming days.

Portable toilets and ambulances appeared in greater numbers near the Vatican on Saturday and the city transport system said it was increasing service on bus and subway lines which stop at St. Peter's. Some city buses began skipping intermediate stops, even at central Piazza Venezia, to rush pilgrims straight from Rome's main train station to St. Peter's Square.

Around the world, special Masses celebrated the pope for transforming the Roman Catholic Church during his 26-year papacy and for his example in fearlessly confronting death.

Hospitalized twice last month after breathing crises, and fitted with a breathing tube and a feeding tube, John Paul had become a picture of suffering.

His papacy has been marked by its call to value the aged and to respect the sick, subjects the pope has turned to as he battles Parkinson's disease and crippling knee and hip ailments. The pope also survived a 1981 assassination attempt, when a Turkish gunman shot him in the abdomen.

John Paul's health declined sharply Thursday when he developed a high fever brought on by the infection. The pope suffered septic shock and heart problems during treatment for the infection, the Vatican said.

The next pope will confront a range of challenges, including scientific advances that conflict with Catholic teaching; the decline of religious observance in Europe and North America; an explosion in church membership in the Third World; and a dwindling number of priests in the West.

After a quarter-century of John Paul's strong personality and hands-on management style, some want Vatican officials to stay out of the day-to-day operations of dioceses. Others believe officials in Rome should stay deeply involved to crack down on dissent.

Vatican observers disagree over whether there will be pressure in the conclave to return the papacy to an Italian, or whether they will want to send a signal to the burgeoning ranks of Catholics in the Third World by choosing an African or Latin American candidate.

Born in Poland in 1920 as Karol Wojtyla, John Paul secretly trained for the priesthood under Nazi occupation, lived under Communism, and contributed to the fall of the Iron Curtain by denouncing the oppression of Christians and supporting the Solidarity movement in his homeland.

John Paul unequivocally opposed pre- and extra-marital sex, homosexuality, abortion, and the use of contraception.

His opposition to the ordination of women as priests was a major point of contention for many liberal Catholics, as was the Vatican's slow response under his leadership to sex scandals around the world, especially in the United States.

At the same time he won praise, especially but not exclusively among conservatives, for his unwavering position that Catholic beliefs - for example on the sanctity of life - are not subject to popular opinion.

John Paul was the first pope to publicly ask forgiveness for the Church's past sins - including mistreatment of Jews and other non-believers.

"For the role that each one of us has had, with his behavior, in these evils, contributing to a disfigurement of the face of the Church, we humbly ask forgiveness," said the pontiff on the altar at St. Peter's five years ago, in remarks some hailed as a landmark but others thought fell short of the mark in not specifically mentioning the Holocaust.

The pope's last battle began with a heart attack on March 31. He was revived, but the Vatican said he suffered from septic shock, a urinary tract infection and a high fever.

He was not shy about anticipating his own death, saying in a "Letter to the Elderly" issued in 1999: "I find great peace in thinking of the time when the Lord will call me: from life to life!"

"When the moment of our definitive 'passage' comes," said the pontiff, "grant that we may face it with serenity, without regret for what we shall leave behind."

King of the Jews
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-05-2023 @ 02:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Welcome, My servant Karol Wojtyla, into thy eternal home

How did I get here?
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Jesus Christ
    Welcome, My servant Karol Wojtyla, into thy eternal home
    I'm studying how the HAND AFF G-D plays int2o all aff dis.

Who will be-ahh da next-ah pope-ah?

What feeding tube dis week and not last week in Florida?

When is FORD going t2o mass?

Where is da NWO going t2o hijack dis f4or their advantage.

Why t2oday and not yesterday?

How da fak am I supposed t2o know?

King of the Jews
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Dad worketh in mysterious ways, Phillip.

How did I get here?
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

No more Pope jokes by Jay Leno f4or a while.

THESE PANTS ARE NO JOKE
    Funny Pants Suit

How did I get here?
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Jesus Christ
    Dad worketh in mysterious ways, Phillip.
    I can do without the pain, the wars, and the suffering.

There's nothing mysterious aboot dat.

Your D-d can SWAT ME LIKE A FLY and I have no fear, because I walk in truth.

I fear no god.

I don't fear truth.

Why should I?

King of the Jews
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If indeed ye walketh in the Truth. then ye need not worry about a smackdown from My Father

If ye will excuse Me, I need to get back to work. As ye can imagine, things are kinda busy up here right now....

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Unhappy

Statement From The Office of President Bill Clinton
    from www.clintonfoundation.org

April 2, 2005

"Hillary and I are deeply saddened by the passing of His Holiness Pope John Paul II. In speaking powerfully and eloquently for mercy and reconciliation to people divided by old hatreds and persecuted by abuse of power, the Holy Father was a beacon of light not just for Catholics, but for all people. In more than 170 visits to over 115 countries, from the Balkans to the Middle East, from Central Africa to Asia, he was tireless in his efforts to defend human rights and human dignity. His remarkable journey from Wadowice, Poland to the Vatican played an important role in hastening the downfall of Communism. I will always treasure our five meetings in the U.S and the Vatican, especially the deep concern His Holiness expressed over the suffering of the Bosnians and of religious liberty throughout the world."

His Holiness is now at home with God, whom he served so faithfully for a lifetime."

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Statement from Sen. John Kerry on the Passing of Pope John Paul II

Saturday, April 2, 2005

Washington, D.C. -- Senator John Kerry issued the following statement on the passing of Pope John Paul II.

"The Holy Father led the Catholic Church during some of the most challenging times the world has witnessed, and persevered through enormous suffering with inspirational dignity. Teresa and I were deeply saddened to hear of his passing."

"Drawing upon his enduring moral strength and conviction, Pope John Paul II advanced the cause of solidarity in his native Poland and helped to topple communism around the world. We will never forget the example he set by forgiving the man who tried to take his life, and by praying at the Western Wall to ask Jews for their forgiveness. He traveled to places forgotten by all but God to pray for the sick and the poor, and millions turned out to hear his voice, even when strained. In death, as in life, his incredible spirit provides every Catholic with strength and his memory provides us with wisdom. Teresa and I join people all over the world in mourning this tremendous loss. The Holy Father is in our prayers."

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

April 2, 2005

STATEMENT BY SENATOR EDWARD M. KENNEDY ON THE PASSING OF POPE JOHN PAUL II

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Laura Capps (202)224-2633

Washington, DC. Senator Edward M. Kennedy issued the following statement:

"I join my fellow Catholics and people everywhere in grieving the passing of the Holy Father. He was a devout and beloved spiritual leader for the Church who inspired people of all faiths and brought us closer to the great goal of peace on earth. Even in his last days when he could not speak, he still was a strong moral voice heeded across the globe."

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

pResident's Statement on the Death of Pope John Paul II
    The Cross Hall

4:02 P.M. EST

THE pRESIDENT: Laura and I join people across the Earth in mourning the passing of Pope John Paul II. The Catholic Church has lost its shepherd, the world has lost a champion of human freedom, and a good and faithful servant of God has been called home.

Pope John Paul II left the throne of St. Peter in the same way he ascended to it -- as a witness to the dignity of human life. In his native Poland, that witness launched a democratic revolution that swept Eastern Europe and changed the course of history. And during the Pope's final years, his witness was made even more powerful by his daily courage in the face of illness and great suffering.

All Popes belong to the world, but Americans had special reason to love the man from Krakow. In his visits to our country, the Pope spoke of our "providential" Constitution, the self-evident truths about human dignity in our Declaration, and the "blessings of liberty" that follow from them. It is these truths, he said, that have led people all over the world to look to America with hope and respect.

Pope John Paul II was, himself, an inspiration to millions of Americans, and to so many more throughout the world. We will always remember the humble, wise and fearless priest who became one of history's great moral leaders. We're grateful to God for sending such a man, a son of Poland, who became the Bishop of Rome, and a hero for the ages.

END 4:04 P.M. EST

How did I get here?
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

has been called home.
    The Pope's not dead.

He's just gone home.

How did I get here?
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Jesus fakking Christ.

Go t2o yer mass alreedy, FORD (Why do you call yourself dat?).

Dis is a BIG part aff Christian life.

Boobies.

BOOBIES BY G-D
    G-D APPROVES AFF BOOBIES
    They're Grrrrrate!

How did I get here?
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

G-D MADE THESE BIG BOOBIES
    I'M IMPRESSED
    The Lord Works In Big Ways

How did I get here?
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I know there's something dirty in dis picture.

But where?

DIRTY PICTURE
    DON'T LOOK AT TIT
    You Looked At Tit

11/13/07
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-30-2010 @ 09:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Jesus fakking Christ.

Go t2o yer mass alreedy, FORD (Why do you call yourself dat?).

Dis is a BIG part aff Christian life.
    Catholics.

Not all Christians are under the pope's rule as it is. Catholics are.

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-09-2013 @ 06:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Re: Pope John Paul II has died

AP and Reuters reporting, details as they come in.....
    But they're not as reliable as Drudge....

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-09-2013 @ 06:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I can do without the pain, the wars, and the suffering.

There's nothing mysterious aboot dat.

Your D-d can SWAT ME LIKE A FLY and I have no fear, because I walk in truth.

I fear no god.

I don't fear truth.

Why should I?

Because you are the board idiot. Now respect this thread.

11/13/07
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-30-2010 @ 09:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I don't speak a word of Italian, but the priests are speaking in front of the Vatican, so this one must be for real.

Rest in peace, JP
    When I got to the tv, they were doing the rosary in Italian.

Of what I know, the closing of the bronze doors signals the death of a pope.

How did I get here?
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
    Catholics.

Not all Christians are under the pope's rule as it is. Catholics are.
    Yeh, and I'm saying, FORD is a CathoLICK.

He's probably at mass rite now f4or da Holy Father wit da rest aff da CathoLICKS.

You can gimme a redneck snake charmer protestant who talks in tongues and werks mirackes by smacking me in da head any day, BB.

AMERICA LAND OF THE FREE

How did I get here?
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

LET'S REMEMBER THE POPE
    HOW I'D LIKE TO REMEMBER THE POPE
    We always take my car cause it's never been beat
    And we've never missed yet with the nuns dat we meet

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-10-2012 @ 06:38 PM
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Thanks

LOL. Im sure we'll be seeing him soon enough. Maybe on potato chip or something.

How did I get here?
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Dis is f4or FORD.

How did I get here?
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Dis o1ne's f4or Big Troubles.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Thanks

Pillsbury Pope Boy! Whoo-Hoo!

How did I get here?
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Big Troubles
    Pillsbury Pope Boy! Whoo-Hoo!
    He wuz always watching us.

How did I get here?
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And he wuz reelly dangerous wit dat hat.

OUCH

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

the bigger the hat, the more important the person dont you know.

How did I get here?
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Let's remember the Pope's Hatwear.

LOOKING GOOD
    WITH A LITTLE RED

Thread Information