X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob_R
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
    Michelle Damon is not that hot in person. I sold 4 Poweraids to her last year and she wears about five pounds of makeup. She is, however, nicely hot on TV, and you will be seeing plenty of her since she is an attention whore.
    I saw a pic of her for the first time yesterday and she didn't do anyting for me. I guess time will tell.
    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Dude, its about time you posted something that wasnt just a cut/paste article from somewhere else...I gotta tell you that I never read those. I think that most people who come in here also check the main sports websites, and already know about sports-news items.

Not trying to be a dick here, im just sayin'...
      Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

like, how do you feel about Jim Rice? Do you think he should be in the Hall? And you dont have to agree just because I think Mattingly should be in...
        Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Bob_R
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Dude, its about time you posted something that wasnt just a cut/paste article from somewhere else...I gotta tell you that I never read those. I think that most people who come in here also check the main sports websites, and already know about sports-news items.

Not trying to be a dick here, im just sayin'...
          Uh ok.
          Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Bob_R
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

like, how do you feel about Jim Rice? Do you think he should be in the Hall? And you dont have to agree just because I think Mattingly should be in...
            I'm not sure. I don't recall all of Jim Rice's stats. I know he was a home run threat.

I don't know if players should get in based on only "a certain time period" of their career. Or, should they be great/above average for most of their career.

For example: Clemens, Bonds, A-Rod are going to be shoo-ins.

Comment

• Roth & Roll
              Foot Soldier
              • Feb 2004

Jim Rice does not belong in the H.O.F.

I remember Jim Rice all too well being a Yankee who dates back to the 70's. Jim Rice was the most dangerous hitter in baseball between 1977-1979. His 1978 season was one of the best in the history of the game. In those 3 seasons his numbers match up against those of any H.O.F.er.

But..if you take away those three seasons and look at the rest of his career numbers, he was a consistent threat in that lineup who enjoyed some fine seasons, but they weren't H.O.F.- type numbers. It's not a knock on Rice, but if you look at the numbers objectively, with the exception of 1977-79, Rice wasn't even the best hitter on the Red Sox. Guys like Dwight Evans, Tony Armas, and Wade Boggs were bigger offensive threats in that lineup throughout the 1980's. Defensively, the guy was average to below-average. He wasn't a multi-tooled player.

Jim Rice did not dominate his position for at least a decade in order to be considered for the H.O.F.

Andre Dawson deserves to be in the H.O.F. before Jim Rice.
              http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• Bob_R
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

It is being reported that A-Rod has changed his mind and will play for USA in the upcoming World Baseball Classic.

Comment

• Bob_R
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
                  It is being reported that A-Rod has changed his mind and will play for USA in the upcoming World Baseball Classic.
                  LMAO.

Now I hear that A-Rod hasn't made up his mind.

Comment

• Bob_R
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Mike Piazza's agent has contacted the Yankees. No serious talks or discussions have occured as of now.

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

yay, a third DH...

Comment

Working...