X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
    To be honest with ya. I respect him more now than I did in the 70's/80's when he was a total madman. Granted we all mellow with age but he has calmed down considerably.

I think he is a good businessman that wants to see a return on his investment. He will do what's the best for the Yanks and that makes the players and the fans feel good.

I think everyone and anyone would want and appreciate an owner like that.
    agreed that he's calmed down considerable...

I wouldn't mind an owner who goes out and gets players...but judas priest...

does the fucker have to go to the papers every other week?

It's mind numbing...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Figs
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jun 2004

I'm sick of him. I think the only reason he kept his mouth shut was that they barely faltered for five or so years. And as soon as things started to go bad you see his old self creeping back. Believe me, he would have went nuts if the Mets won in 2000, and it could have happened, not likely, but possible.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

I AM curious though...I wonder if Yankee fans THINK they should can Cashman and Torre...and go in a new direction...

this "slump" of there's is like 5 years of 2nd division for most teams...

I am curious at what the real Yank fans feel about this shit...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Bob_R
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by superdave
          The Yankees suck -- bottom line -- the most overrated team in pro sports
          Oh yeah definetly.

The bottom line is that you're an idiot.

Now get out of this thread and go into one in which you know what the fuck you're talking about.
          Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Figs
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jun 2004

If it were my decision, I'd never can Torre unless it looked like senility was setting in. He obviously knows what he's doing and has the right temprement for the NY Press/Steinbrenner bullshit.

I was mad at the time they hired him after losing Showalter. But when he benched Kenny Rogers right after signing a big contract I was impressed that he wasn't going to manage by looking at the payroll. I thought Showalter was a little guilty of that in regards to Danny Tartabull who he would never drop in the order, or bench, no matter how bad he got.

Cashman I wouldn't care about either way. I think he is more of a Big Stein puppet. I think it was Gene Michael who made the good scouting decisions that put the core of the team togethet, and Bob Watson made some good moves, like Torre.

Comment

• Bob_R
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
              I AM curious though...I wonder if Yankee fans THINK they should can Cashman and Torre...and go in a new direction...

this "slump" of there's is like 5 years of 2nd division for most teams...

I am curious at what the real Yank fans feel about this shit...
              I wouldn't dump Torre. I'd give him the whole season to right the ship. He deserves that much.

Maybe they should dump Cashman for a veteran/older/seasoned GM?

What would you do broham? The veteran players have high salaries obviously. Dump them while they're stock is high? It's definetly an avenue they could go down.
              Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

What the fuck happened to Michael...did he die?

and Watson had to much of an opinion...

I'm curious about Cashman...would be interesting to see him go to another team...see if he's any good...or just led around with Steiney's hand up his heiney...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

I don't know EVH...

I'd probably bump Torre up to GM...and give him the keys...

fire Mattingly...and hire Girhardi as manager...

Move Bernie up to assistant GM...Torre would demand to keep some of the old guard...

waive Giambi...

trade some of the stars for some youth...but try and keep some of the key players...

but I'd definately try and keep Torre in the house...but it's time to get rid of the elders...some of them...

you know...when do you ask yourself this...are the Yankees problems deals? Or are they Torre's inablility to let go of the players he feels responsible for?

Comment

• Figs
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jun 2004

It might be a little early to talk about dumping players. I can barely remember them ever dumping a player. Maybe Ricky Henderson for Plunk, Caderet, and someone else - but that was because they knew he wouldn't re-sign with them.

Bernie's locked up and not worth his salary; who would have predicted Giambi's breakdown, other people use steroids I think; Moose has dropped off; Johnson is fun to bring in, but a gamble at 41 that's not paid off so far; Kevin Brown, WTF....

A bad series against a bad team doen't mean the season's over. Big Stein shouldn't say the team is letting NY down as if they aren't giving their all.

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I don't know EVH...

I'd probably bump Torre up to GM...and give him the keys...

Wow. What in Joe Torre's career makes you think he would be a good GM?...

He's friggin KC Jones of MLB...just put 'em out there and let 'em play...
                      Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Bob_R
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Well the losing streak is over. Rivera set the Twins down 1,2,3 in the tenth.

I guess I'll keep wearing my Yankees boxer shorts for awhile.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

It would be a PR ploy by Steiney...like hiring Billy Martin 6 times in 10 years...and Torre would want to do it to take care of his players...

I'm not saying he'd be good...but I wouldn't compare him to KC Jones either...

lets not forget that before Torre...the Yanks didn't do shit for over 10 years...

Comment

• Bob_R
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

lets not forget that before Torre...the Yanks didn't do shit for over 10 years...
                            Well the early 90's were lean. The Yankees in the 80's won more games than any team in baseball. There were no wildcards then.

Ironically, the curse is over because of the wildcard. In the good ole days Boston doesn't even make the playoffs last year.

Comment

• tjvhou812
                              Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

yanks lose, sox win
                              Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• Bob_R
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Yanks beating the shit out of the Brewers 10-3!

Comment

Working...