Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The New York Yankees 2005 Chatter

Your Own Personal Satan
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah, decent so far. More than you can hope for from an emergency fix from the minors.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Figs
    Yeah, decent so far. More than you can hope for from an emergency fix from the minors.
    Yep.

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Yankees are "On Fire"
    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
    The Yankees are "On Fire"
    and just inched ahead of Boston going into tonight's weekend series!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quite a match tonight, don't you say chaps?

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    red sox still ahead?........

lets go red sox
    Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    UPDATE!!!!!!
    Orioles still in first place.........

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by fairwrning
    UPDATE!!!!!!
    Orioles still in first place.........
    UPDATE!!!!! Not for much longer. But, I can certainly understand your excitement.

Now, back to the subject of the thread.

5 wins in a row, 16 -2 in their last 18.

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by tjvhou812
    red sox still ahead?........
    Uh... no! :p

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Uh... no! :p
    2morrow bro....2morrow...game2

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What a mess by the Sox. Those freakin' BOMBS by Cano and Sheffield. They HAD a chance to win, and squandered it. UGH!!!

Oh well, we'll see what happens on Saturday. Go Sox.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You guys need to make sure you give that Sox 3rd base coach a Christmas card this year....

That's Wendell Kim-like....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The Yanks were thinking of calling "do over" but changed their minds.

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    the red sox are lating the smack down on the yanks...17-1

its good to be a sox fan

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah the Yanks took a beating yesterday. Hopefully tonight will be a different story.

Gimme head till I'm dead
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah the Yanks took a beating yesterday. Hopefully tonight will be a different story.
    Hopefully not..
    Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Sheep Pen Barn Boss
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    sox win again....7-2

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hey EVHFanatic:

Why, for as long as I can remember, do the Yanks ALWAYS have trouble with the worst teams in the AL?

Sheeeesh, the Royals...the frikkin Royals.

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
    Hey EVHFanatic:

Why, for as long as I can remember, do the Yanks ALWAYS have trouble with the worst teams in the AL?

Sheeeesh, the Royals...the frikkin Royals.
    Don't know bro.

I have a feeling they are going to win big tonight. ** crosses fingers **

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Don't know bro.

I have a feeling they are going to win big tonight. ** crosses fingers **
    I hope so...Randy Johnson is 9-0 against the Royals lifetime so...

BET THE YANKS!!! (Crosses fingers too!)

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Good Lord the Yanks got swept by KC!

I guess that's why they play the games. You never know.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Good Lord the Yanks got swept by KC!

I guess that's why they play the games. You never know.
    { Sigh }

Rock And Roll Hero
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

the yankees will get back on track

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Upset Steinbrenner wants answers

Posted: 10 minutes ago

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Looking for answers after a historic sweep at the hands of the worst team in baseball, an upset George Steinbrenner held a conference call Friday with New York Yankees GM Brian Cashman and manager Joe Torre.

Torre said it has become an increasingly rare occurrence in recent seasons for The Boss to include him in such discussions, but this was a rare situation.
    "It's happened a number of times, but not in recent times," Torre said Friday before the Yankees opened a three-game series against the Minnesota Twins. "This was sticking to why we're having a tough time. All of the same questions I ask myself.

"He was unhappy. If I tried to tell you anything other than that, you'd be questioning if I was telling you the truth, and I'm not going to lie to you."

New York (27-26) has lost five games in a row, including an embarrassing three-game sweep by the lowly Kansas City Royals, just the third time in the Yankees' storied history that they've been swept in three games by a team with the worst record in the majors, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

Steinbrenner participated on the call from Florida, with Torre and Cashman in Minneapolis.

Torre and Cashman characterized the call as a "state-of-the-team" discussion and said no decisions were made at the conclusion.

"I didn't feel any better because we were talking about all the bad things that have happened," Torre said. "We talked about individuals and my feeling that the pitching is really the key for us. Why we're not hitting is everybody's mystery. It's something you just have to fight your way out of. We didn't solve anything."

Cashman said he holds regular discussions with Steinbrenner about the team, but agreed it was rare for Torre to be included.

"It was good for him to hear from Joe," Cashman said. "(Steinbrenner) is no less happy than anyone else here."

Particularly Torre, who held a closed-door meeting Wednesday after the $200 million Yankees dropped their second game in a row to the Royals.

Torre said he takes much of the responsibility for the team's recent struggles and was completely befuddled by the veteran group's seemingly fragile confidence.

"I'm accountable," Torre said. "I'm the manager and I'm in charge. This obviously is something that I need to find an answer for. It's up to me to find a way to make this thing start working again."

The demanding Steinbrenner was obviously upset after watching the team with the highest payroll in baseball get swept by a ragtag group of journeymen and youngsters in Kansas City.

"He's put up a lot of money to put this kind of a ballclub in our dugout," Torre said. "This isn't the results that should be accompanying that."

As soon as he heard about the call, Torre knew it wasn't going to be a pleasant conversation. Torre has gotten used to outbursts from Steinbrenner during his 10 years in New York. When the Yankees are winning, their owner wants them to win bigger, and when they are losing, look out.

"It's a long season and George isn't a very patient man and we understand that," Torre said. "In dealing with George, when you lose and you're supposed to be winning, it's not a happy time. But when you win, he's constantly driving you to improve, so the tone doesn't change much."

Torre did say he hoped Steinbrenner, who has a reputation for firing employees in a heartbeat, would exercise a little bit of restraint and keep his staff intact while it tries to right the ship.

"We hope we can continue as far as work-wise," Torre said. "Results-wise, we want to change that."

No timelines were set, no ultimatums issued. Just a stern reminder that the Yankees are held to a higher standard.

"A week ago, we had won 16 of 18 and now we've lost five straight," Cashman said. "Trying to make sense of this tough game of baseball isn't always easy. ... Everyone is doing everything they possibly can to turn things around."

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Upset Steinbrenner wants answers

Posted: 10 minutes ago

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Looking for answers after a historic sweep at the hands of the worst team in baseball, an upset George Steinbrenner held a conference call Friday with New York Yankees GM Brian Cashman and manager Joe Torre.

Torre said it has become an increasingly rare occurrence in recent seasons for The Boss to include him in such discussions, but this was a rare situation.
    "It's happened a number of times, but not in recent times," Torre said Friday before the Yankees opened a three-game series against the Minnesota Twins. "This was sticking to why we're having a tough time. All of the same questions I ask myself.

"He was unhappy. If I tried to tell you anything other than that, you'd be questioning if I was telling you the truth, and I'm not going to lie to you."

New York (27-26) has lost five games in a row, including an embarrassing three-game sweep by the lowly Kansas City Royals, just the third time in the Yankees' storied history that they've been swept in three games by a team with the worst record in the majors, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

Steinbrenner participated on the call from Florida, with Torre and Cashman in Minneapolis.

Torre and Cashman characterized the call as a "state-of-the-team" discussion and said no decisions were made at the conclusion.

"I didn't feel any better because we were talking about all the bad things that have happened," Torre said. "We talked about individuals and my feeling that the pitching is really the key for us. Why we're not hitting is everybody's mystery. It's something you just have to fight your way out of. We didn't solve anything."

Cashman said he holds regular discussions with Steinbrenner about the team, but agreed it was rare for Torre to be included.

"It was good for him to hear from Joe," Cashman said. "(Steinbrenner) is no less happy than anyone else here."

Particularly Torre, who held a closed-door meeting Wednesday after the $200 million Yankees dropped their second game in a row to the Royals.

Torre said he takes much of the responsibility for the team's recent struggles and was completely befuddled by the veteran group's seemingly fragile confidence.

"I'm accountable," Torre said. "I'm the manager and I'm in charge. This obviously is something that I need to find an answer for. It's up to me to find a way to make this thing start working again."

The demanding Steinbrenner was obviously upset after watching the team with the highest payroll in baseball get swept by a ragtag group of journeymen and youngsters in Kansas City.

"He's put up a lot of money to put this kind of a ballclub in our dugout," Torre said. "This isn't the results that should be accompanying that."

As soon as he heard about the call, Torre knew it wasn't going to be a pleasant conversation. Torre has gotten used to outbursts from Steinbrenner during his 10 years in New York. When the Yankees are winning, their owner wants them to win bigger, and when they are losing, look out.

"It's a long season and George isn't a very patient man and we understand that," Torre said. "In dealing with George, when you lose and you're supposed to be winning, it's not a happy time. But when you win, he's constantly driving you to improve, so the tone doesn't change much."

Torre did say he hoped Steinbrenner, who has a reputation for firing employees in a heartbeat, would exercise a little bit of restraint and keep his staff intact while it tries to right the ship.

"We hope we can continue as far as work-wise," Torre said. "Results-wise, we want to change that."

No timelines were set, no ultimatums issued. Just a stern reminder that the Yankees are held to a higher standard.

"A week ago, we had won 16 of 18 and now we've lost five straight," Cashman said. "Trying to make sense of this tough game of baseball isn't always easy. ... Everyone is doing everything they possibly can to turn things around."
    The question is;

Who will be the first one FIRED!:eek:

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Who cares...fire them all for all I fucking care...there isn't a manager in baseball who can get this team to win consistently...they'll have their streaks of course...they have a ton of talent...but no comparisons to the Yankees of the late 90's...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This team is going to confound the true Yankee fans residing in the Bronx...and the surrounding areas...

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    Who cares...fire them all for all I fucking care...there isn't a manager in baseball who can get this team to win consistently...they'll have their streaks of course...they have a ton of talent...but no comparisons to the Yankees of the late 90's...

I couldn't agree with you more!

There is no comparison to the leadership and consistency this team had in the early 90's and the squad was basically younger and leaders like O'Neil and Bernie and Tino, Mo, kept Jeter and the rest in tack.

They won as a team and the same group of guys built a chemistry that was second to none! There are some Yankee players now that do not understand the pride and hardwork of being a Yankee!

This team has no comparison whatsoever to those great Yankee teams of the 90's.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    AND THERe is no youth...

nearly every good team has a solid veteran nucleus...

and 3 or 4 sparkplug younger guys...with one of those 3 or 4 being a star...

The Yanks have no youth...

If I were a Yank fan...I'd really be worried about the next 10 years...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I know...most Yanks fans will say we'll just buy the players we need...

but I think it's damn evident that EVERY one of the Yankee world titles were more directly a result of Yankee farmhands...than recruits...

mostly...

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    AND THERe is no youth...

nearly every good team has a solid veteran nucleus...

and 3 or 4 sparkplug younger guys...with one of those 3 or 4 being a star...

The Yanks have no youth...

If I were a Yank fan...I'd really be worried about the next 10 years...
    They've basically used up all their prospects for some players that are past their prime or close to it!

As a fan I know George will always go out and get players from teams that cannot afford their contracts but as far as trade bait now, it'll be a long time coming before the Yanks get youth in return unless a team is desperate themselves for brining in a household name to sell tickets!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm not talking about trade bait...

I'm talking about players that come up through your system....and make it...

Bernie...Jeter...Pettitte...Posada...

the heart of your team...

then you go out and sign winners...guys that know how to win...but don't have egos...Tino Martinez...Scott Brosius...

and throw in superstars...like the pitchers they've signed...

but you almost never have a team win a title without not just home grown talent...but players that are GOOD from your system...

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Why does the thread title keep getting changed?

I mean what the fuck!

Is there any fucking integrity here?

Where were all the (jealous, envious) Yankee haters when they were on a 16-2 roll? LOL!!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No fucking integrity at all...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And no problem here jumping on the Yankeehater wagon when they are getting swept by the worst team in baseball...

and losing 6 in a row...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Don't worry Mr. Integrity...

the name of the thread will get changed back eventually...

Sweet Talkin' Ladies Man
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well at least you called me Mister!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Look...nobody ever said I wasn't polite...

that's a like...lmfao...

Your Own Personal Satan
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- George Steinbrenner feels his Yankees are letting down New York and hinted changes could be coming unless the team starts winning.

The Yankees owner confirmed his discussion with manager Joe Torre and general manager Brian Cashman and said Saturday it was up to the two of them to solve the problem, ominously adding a ``right now'' to the end of his remarks.

Steinbrenner held the conference call with Torre, Cashman and team president Randy Levine on Friday, after his team was swept by the Kansas City Royals, the club with the worst record in the major leagues. The undermanned Minnesota Twins then handed the Yankees their sixth straight loss, their longest losing streak since dropping seven in a row in September and October 2000. That year, they recovered to win the World Series.

``Steinbrenner, through me, confirmed the discussion that he had with Joe Torre and Brian Cashman and Randy Levine yesterday,'' Steinbrenner spokesman Howard Rubenstein said Saturday. ``George offered to do anything they needed to get back on winning ways. Torre said, `You've given us everything we need. We don't need anything more. It's up to the two of us to win.'

``George was very concerned. He didn't show anger, but his fighting spirit is there, and he wants to win for New York fans. He feels we're letting them down, but it's really in Torre's and Cashman's hands right now.''

If these Yankees don't get things turned around -- and fast -- drastic changes could be ahead.

``It's a long season and George isn't a very patient man and we understand that,'' Torre said after the loss Friday. ``In dealing with George, when you lose and you're supposed to be winning, it's not a happy time. But when you win, he's constantly driving you to improve, so the tone doesn't change much.''

After losing 6-3 to Minnesota on Friday night, New York is 27-27 -- thanks in part to an embarrassing three-game sweep this week by the Royals, just the third time in the Yankees' storied history that they've been swept three games by a team with the worst record in the majors, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

That prompted Steinbrenner to request the conference call, which Torre and Cashman characterized as a ``state-of-the-team'' discussion. Both said no decisions were made during the call.

``It was just a conference call to talk about the team,'' Cashman said. ``That's all it was.''

But Torre made no secret that Steinbrenner is unhappy. The Yankees are, after all, losing to far less talented teams, at least on paper.

The Royals are a ragtag group of journeymen and youngsters, most of whom belong in the minor leagues.

And the Twins were playing without their two best hitters -- Joe Mauer and Justin Morneau. That didn't stop them from piling up 11 hits, including two homers off starter Mike Mussina.

``You have to beat the teams you are supposed to beat,'' Cashman said. ``It's tougher to accept than what took place during the Boston series.''

The Yankees' losing streak started last Saturday in Game 2 of a three-game series against the defending World Series champions. The 17-1 drubbing ended a string of 16 wins in 18 games.

``It's been tough,'' catcher Jorge Posada said. ``We got in a cold stretch, and then we got hot, and we're back at it again. We can't let down. We can't really look down. We just have to keep looking forward and just fight.''

The Yankees have shown very little fight in the last week.

Torre attributed the malaise to a crumbling confidence, something that puzzles him in a clubhouse filled with high-priced, cocksure veterans.

``There's no question it's surprising,'' Torre said. ``The thing that we can't get away from is that this game is played by human beings. As much as we like to live with the statistics and what people should be doing, it's still a matter of having to breathe and eat and sleep and all that stuff.

``If we're expected to contend, we're going to have to control that a little better, no question.''

Torre has put much of the blame on the Yankees' rotation, which has not been anywhere near the dominant levels it reached during their World Series runs.

``It's tough to put your finger on any one thing,'' Torre said. ``I always point toward starting pitching because that really seems to key everything else we do.''

That was the case on Friday night. Mussina started strong, retiring eight of his first 10 batters as the Yankees jumped out to a 3-0 lead. But he gave up two runs in the fourth and three in the fifth, and New York managed just two hits in the final six innings of yet another loss.

``We got a lead and he pitched very effectively early,'' Torre said. ``And then it just fell apart for us, basically.''

Everything is falling apart for the Yankees right now. Just how much longer Steinbrenner will give Cashman, Torre and the rest of the team to right the ship is anyone's guess.

``He's put up a lot of money to put this kind of a ballclub in our dugout,'' Torre said. ``This isn't the results that should be accompanying that.''

Your Own Personal Satan
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Are they a playoff team? Right now it looks like the east might not get a wild card....

Thread Information