Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob_R
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Is playtime over now? Or, should I start spamming the board?
    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

LMFAO !!!

I had to do a double-take, that's funny shit....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

I changed it back bro...

I don't want any Yankee fans to go postal or anything like that....

OH the humanity !!!!

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

This thread is just getting started...

EVH...you aren't a spammer!

Are you?
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Bronx bombers bringing bad start.

Devil Dish: Bronx bombers bringing bad start
            by Mark Saxon published on Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Through the first two weeks of the Major League Baseball season, the New York Yankees "have some 's'planin' to do."

The Bronx Bombers sputter into Tropicana Field this week in a dogfight with the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, hoping to avoid the American League East cellar.

After coughing up more than $200 million to field just the second team in MLB history with an All-Star at every position, George Steinbrenner can't be blamed for dusting off the old guillotine.

The Church of Modern Day Yanks is in need of a revival.

The Boss plucked the AL's Most Valuable Player twice in the last four years and gutted the farm system, and then added a touch of class during the off-season, opting to reunite first baseman Tino Martinez with the team that helped him win four rings.

Unfortunately, the Yankees have all the trappings of VH1's "Surreal Life." All Yankees manager Joe Torre needs is a Mini Me in the dugout to complete the spectacle.

Steinbrenner has no one to blame for his dysfunctional family but himself. Instead of building for the future, he has undercut the Yankees like Randy Johnson's mullet.

Bringing back Martinez would have been a step in the right direction if Martinez wasn't being used primarily as a crutch for Jason Giambi, who has struggled in the face of steroid allegations.

Anyone who has seen "Behind the Music" knows how this will end. If Torre takes the fall for the front office's bad pickups, Steinbrenner will have more difficulty replacing him than Van Halen has had replacing David Lee Roth.
            Link...

Comment

• Carmine
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2004

Re: Bronx bombers bringing bad start.

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
              Anyone who has seen "Behind the Music" knows how this will end. If Torre takes the fall for the front office's bad pickups, Steinbrenner will have more difficulty replacing him than Van Halen has had replacing David Lee Roth.
              Link...
              GR...thats Fuckin great!! The last sentence here is awesome!

Comment

• Igosplut
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I imagine that he's dusting off his ass-kicking shoes this morning....

I paid for teamwork god damnit!!!!!!!!
                Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Carmine
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Igosplut
                  I imagine that he's dusting off his ass-kicking shoes this morning....

I paid for teamwork god damnit!!!!!!!!
                  I hear that man....its getting re-god-damn-diculous!

Comment

• Figs
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jun 2004

He's is and always has been an idiot.

Comment

• Carmine
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Figs
                      Who? Steinbrenner? Love em or hate em, the man demands that the Yanks win! When he retires or passes on, who knows if his boys are gonna want the team AND if they share their dads passion for it? Makes me wonder...

Comment

• Figs
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jun 2004

John Leiber 4-0 2.73.

They paid him over 2 years when they knew he would only pitch one, he comes around at the end of the 04 season, has a nice post season, and they let him go.

Comment

• Bob_R
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Figs
                          Your grammar doesn't qualify you to call anyone an idiot.

But, after all you are 69 years old. :p
                          Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                            Which is basically what I said on my first post, the Sox see him so often, they probably know how many times he wipes his ass....

I'm too lazy to look up the stats, but aren't his blown saves increasing in the past few years ???
                            Ummm...especially in the World Series last year....

Yankees got the Big Unit this year...didja know Randy Johnson is a metalhead who has his own home studio and plays drums?

I always wished that Randy and Roger Clemens could be on the same version of the Yankees, but it is not going to happen.

Not only that, but it would be overkill.

I saw the Yankees once when I was a kid, and feel VERY fortunate (Thanks to my uncle R.I.P.).

They are just the most kickass sports franchise of all time in ANY sport. Maybe that is why I like them.

HOWEVER, there is no way to describe how happy I was the Red Sox had an amazing time in the Series last year. It is about fucking time the curse got beat. What a kickass fucking team!

I really do not get bothered when my favorite teams lose. Some peeps get bent out of shape about it.

But I am more interested in seeing a good competition between two teams. Therefore, I hardly watch regular season Yankees games. I only get really serious about watching them towards September-October (if they are gonna be in the playoffs, otherwise I ignore them) when the competition really heats up in the pennant races..

Just not heavily into sports.
                            Last edited by Hardrock69; 04-22-2005, 12:36 AM.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                              I saw the Yankees once when I was a kid, and feel VERY fortunate
                              I'd have to say the same thing bro...

We pulled into Earle, New Jersey in '00 or so while I was still active duty, and we took a bus to the Port Authority, then the Subway to Yankee Stadium...

Once we got there, all we had to do was go to the press gate, show our ID's, and the guy said, "sit wherever you want fellas"....

Sheeeeeeet, that's all I needed to hear...

Right behind home plate to watch Clemens shut out the Tigers....

Very cool of the Yanks...

Still hate them though....

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Yeah...I've been to Yankee Stadium twice...

I saw them on my birthday in 1989...they got spanked 7 or 8-1...and George Brett hit a dinger...

I saw Cleveland play there on a rain date...got lucky touring the East coast baseball in 1998...and Cleveland was there one day...New York won that game...4-2...Cone threw a 4 hitter or some shit like that...a bunch of K's...and Lofton hit a tater that day I think...might have been the only one...
                                "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

Working...