X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hoongood
    Roadie
    • Jan 2004

Black Label Society

This is the only legit rock band going today. Zakk cranks out a kick ass album every year!
    I am going to see them in Atlanta on April 15.
    Guitar lives and its name is Zakk Wylde!

Check out this link.

Yeah right she says, maybe in your dreams!
  • bueno bob
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

I listened to some free downloads...I can't say I'm all that impressed...musically, it's fine, but is it Zakk singing? I haven't listened to them at all until last week...either or, I can't stand the vocals...I don't know, the whole thing just strikes me as rehashed Sabbath, and for that I usually go to the source...
    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• WACF
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

Mafia is good.
      My favorite BLS album by far.

Zakk's singing is not the best...but the man can write and play one hell of a hard rock song.

The only thing missing from his songs is Ozzy on vocals!!!

Comment

• Hoongood
        Roadie
        • Jan 2004

Zakk isn't the world's best singer, but hey, he is supposed to be the guitar player, right? Hendrix wasn't the world's best singer either.

Some of the music sounds like Sabbath, and Zakk does a pretty good Ozzy imitation on some vocals, but I think we can understand that influence. Zakk's style is very eclectic though. There is a lot more to it than the nod to Sabbath.

Bottom line is Zakk is making the best kick ass guitar rock and roll out there right now. I dig his singing too. He is no Dio or Dickenson or Stanley, but since the grunge era, I can't think of a handful of singers that are worth a damn. Of the current bands, how many have singers better than Zakk? Now here is an even harder question, how many have more kick ass better guitarists that also sing?
        Yeah right she says, maybe in your dreams!

Comment

• Mishar_McLeud
          Head Fluffer
          • Apr 2004

Zakk is my second favourite player after EVH and I respect his both as a musician and as a person. I'm not much into his Ozzy years, but Pride and Glory and Book of Shadows are IMO among the greatest rock/metal records, and by far the best from the 90-ies. I dig his BLS stuff as well, with Stronger than Death on top, Mafia second close.

I don't mind his vocals at all - that's his style and it's OK. And his guitarsmanship is beyond awesome. Plus the man is a f'ing machine - 8 solid albums in a decade, the way for all musicians to follow.
          'If there isn't something crazy that goes on in the span of the day then something's not right', - Zakk Wylde

Comment

• m_dixon1984
            Foot Soldier
            • Aug 2004

Pride and Glory is a must have! Zakk is the Miracle Man.
            M
            http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...rip10_full.jpg

Comment

• degüello
              Sniper
              • Mar 2004

"What we've been doing, which is great and certainly cost saving, is I train in the sand pit in McDonald's. I do a few laps. I go through the tunnel a few times. The kids don't mind if I smoke. Plus, when I'm done, lunch is right there."- DLR 2003

Comment

• saint
                Foot Soldier
                • Feb 2004

Makes me wanna rip out my Les Paul with Emg 81(neck) / 85 (saddle) grab a spray can and do some circles,

Monster fat sound I really love it, and on Stillborn you get some Ozzy vocals,

Berserkers another favourite so heavy its hard to breath.

I’ll see them in June,
                http://web.telia.com/~u55014187/kor.gif

Comment

Working...