Thread: Carl Weathers to run for Gov. of Alabama!

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-04-2015 @ 02:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Carl Weathers to run for Gov. of Alabama!

It's true!
    LINK HERE

Now all we need is for Sylvester Stallone to run for the Mayor of Miami Beach and for Dolf Lundgren to get off his treadmill (set at 70 degrees) at the gym and challenge Putin in Russia.

Mr. T (Governer T? President T?) is fairly outspoken as well...which gets ya thinking...but I fear that our country is still too divided for a black President.
    Last edited by steve; 04-05-2005 at 01:07 PM.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

Re: Carl Weathers to run for Gov. of Alabama!

Originally posted by steve
    It's true!
    LINK HERE

Now all we need is for Sylvester Stallone to run for the Mayor of Miami Beach and for Dolf Lundgren to get off his treadmill (set at 70 degrees) at the gym and challenge Putin in Russia.

Mr. T (Governer T? President T?) is fairly outspoken as well...which gets ya thinking...but I fear that our country is still too divided for a black President.
    Where did you get "Alabama" out of that? I didn't see any states mentioned. Is that Weathers' home state. And if so, does he still live there?

And do you think that a Black man - even a famous boxer and alien monster killer - can be elected in Alabama?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

The Todd Show
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-31-2010 @ 04:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks

We have had Arnold, Jessie Ventura, Carl Weathers & Sonny Langham.

Mezro...all we need now is the Predator and the whole cast is in politics...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-18-2024 @ 10:36 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Good for Carl.

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-09-2013 @ 06:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Mezro
    We have had Arnold, Jessie Ventura, Carl Weathers & Sonny Langham.

Mezro...all we need now is the Predator and the whole cast is in politics...

WHERE I STAND
    BY:

SONNY LANDHAM

REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE FOR GOVERNOR

OF

KENTUCKY

FAMILY COURT AMENDMENT

The Commonwealth of Kentucky is faced with many problems, but the good news is that each and every problem can be solved. The first step is to DEFEAT THE FAMILY COURT AMENDMENT TO THE KENTUCKY CONSTITUTION on election day November 12, 2002.
    The Commonwealth of Kentucky has a judicial system, and this system needs a lot of repair. Therefore, there is no need for Kentucky to start building another judicial system within the system, that we already have. This would be the same as a homeowner with a house in need of repair, building an expensive second kitchen just to cook a pot of stew. The constitutional amendment for the family is basically a name. Once the amendment is passed, then and only then will the Supreme Court of the Commonwealth tell the voters of Kentucky, what they have voted for. Citizens of Kentucky, we cannot give a signed blank check to the Supreme Court or anyone else.

FAMILY ISSUES

The family laws of Kentucky must and shall be reformed through the eyes of children, due to the fact, that children are the ones who suffer most. We need to stop the erosion of parental authority. The laws governing divorce/separation/paternity must be equitable between each child's parent and stem from the undeniable constitutional fundamental right of children to be parented by both parents without unnecessary government intrusion.

The role of attorneys must be minimized in the process, due to the fact, most divorces, separations and custody battles are adversarial from the beginning, and attorneys increase the level of tension, rather than lower said level. Attorneys will be replaced with strict requirements that protect the inherent fundamental rights of children to each parent and psychological, sociological, and economic expertise will be applied for the purpose of developing an individual family plan process, which meets the needs of each family. Government will no longer intrude in the personal homes of families without compelling reason to do so. Child custody is not an issue for any court unless valid extreme circumstances are brought forth.

The terms "custody" and "visitation" will no longer be used. Children will not be considered a ":possession" and a child will not be permitted to be downgraded to a "visiting" relationship with a parent without strong cause to do so under the law. The State shall have similar accountability requirements before it can "partially" terminate a child's right to receive parenting functions and responsibilities from a parent similar to those required to terminate a parent's full parental rights. We will provide each child its constitutional entitlement to equal protection. The gender, economic status or race of a child's parent will no longer be a hidden factor in determining "best interest of the child" since it is not a determining measure of a child concerning their love of a parent. Each child shall retain their inherent right to shared equitable and balanced access to each parent unless extreme circumstances are shown. Shared balanced and equitable access to each parent is a birth right of each child, as much as it is a right of the parent[s].

Furthermore, false statements and/or allegations by men or women in the family law process will in all cases be prosecuted as a felony with a mandatory prison sentence for the offender[s].The false statement statute will also include frivolous Emergency Protection Orders.. Frivolous domestic squabbles will no longer burden our courts, our taxpayers and law enforcement agencies of the Commonwealth of Kentucky. True victims of abuse and domestic violence deserve the best community resources available to assist them in enforcement, prosecution and healing. No longer will we tolerate deceptive use of these types of valued community resources so as to leave a true victim with less than quality assistance.

Child Support will no longer be used as a cash cow for the Commonwealth's bureaucracies. Blind child support awards will be terminated and amounts set for each parent will be based on proven individual and family financial planning principals. Economists and financial planners will work out a process whereby families can economically expect to receive individually set fair child support awards through the use of technology, guidelines relative to actual costs of children in Kentucky, each parents' total financial circumstance and ability to pay. The Commonwealth will cease spending taxpayer dollars in order to conduct goose chases to collect "phantom" monies from the poor to pay the poor. For the poor we will look at our welfare programs and no longer hide behind false child support doctrines. Cash windfalls given to one parent at the abuse of another parent in the name of "children" will end. Where at all possible both homes of the child will be left with enough monies for the child so as not to place the child in a neglectful environment at the whim of a court. Parents will not be permitted to use the monies allocated for the child on themselves to the detriment of children and the state will refrain from intruding on the parents right to determine its child's needs over and above a child's basic needs. Spending habits of parents over and above the basic needs of each child is not in the whelm of the States authority if we are indeed a free society. Child Support is to ensure the welfare of the child, not to make criminals of men and women. One of the purposes for founding the United States was to put an end to "Debtor's Prison". Therefore, prison will not be a tool of child support issues.

Paternity fraud is a violation of a child's right. Kentucky children deserve to receive their right to know who their true biological parents are. Parents who deceive an innocent party and child to believe they are a true biological parent and child relationship causing financial and emotional support under false pretenses will be dealt with a strong hand. We will assure our children are cloaked in truth. A parent guilty of paternity fraud shall not benefit from the fraud.

The saddest comment about the United States is that MURDER IS LEGAL THROUGH ABORTION. Therefore, no governor can end abortion, BUT as Governor of the Commonwealth of Kentucky I, Sonny Landham, will have strict health statues passed in the legislature that govern the offices and clinics where abortions are performed. These offices and clinics will be inspected on a regular basics, and if said places do not pass inspection these places will be shut down for good. We may not be able to stop abortion in Kentucky, but we can certainly curve the number of abortions preformed in the Commonwealth.

EDUCATION

I am not running for governor to make friends with the teachers union. I will make teachers responsible for the success of the students. I am tired of hearing politicians say, "I am going to have every child reading by the third grade." I will demand, that every child in the Commonwealth of Kentucky reads before they leave the first grade. There will be no social promotion in the schools of Kentucky.

The school systems of Kentucky do not need more money thrown at them. The overly expensive bureaucracies of Kentucky's school systems must be streamlined. By eliminating many high bureaucratic salaries and waste the Commonwealth will have more moneys for the classroom. The education of our children is the future of Kentucky.

THE ECONOMY

The citizens of Kentucky must have jobs. Therefore, we must bring in new businesses and industries into Kentucky and also Kentucky must keep the business and industries that we already have. As governor of Kentucky I will give tax breaks and incentives to new businesses and industries that will locate in Kentucky, and I will give the same tax breaks and incentives to businesses and industries already in Kentucky suffering from hard economic times. Kentucky will be the best friend business and industry ever had.

SLASH TAXES

I will cut all state taxes by at least one third ( 33 1/3 % ), and I will do away with many state taxes altogether. The over burdening taxes in Kentucky has a stranglehold on the citizens and economy of Kentucky.

Kentucky is bordered by seven states. If Kentucky eliminates the high penalizing taxes, then people from other states will come to Kentucky to make their purchases. If we make it cheaper to live in Kentucky we can also get more people to retire in Kentucky. It is time for the Commonwealth of Kentucky to stop squandering the moneys of it's citizens.

WHY I RUN

I am running for governor of Kentucky as the people's advocate. My mission statement is service to the citizens of Kentucky. Kentucky is your home as it is my home, and I want our home to be all that it can be. I am not the perfect candidate by any stretch of the imagination, but I promise all the people of Kentucky, that I will be the best governor the people of Kentucky ever had. To make these plans a reality, I need the prayers of each and every one of you and I also need your financial support.

How can I contribute?

You can contribute to the "Sonny Landham for Governor" campaign by sending a check to c/o Henry Clay House, 1740 Winchester Avenue, Apartment 409, Ashland, Kentucky 41101. Please make the check payable to "Sonny Landham for Governor Fund" and include your name, address, home phone, work phone, County, occupation, and employer, spouce's name, spouce's occupation, spouce's employer. Campaign finance laws require this information.

Also, include your e-mail address if you have one so that we can communicate with you; and indicate if you are willing to volunteer your time to help the campaign.

Contributions are limited to $1,000 per individual per election. The primary and general elections are considered separate elections. Corporations, nonprofit organizations, and those who are not U.S. citizens cannot contribute to U.S. political campaigns.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-08-2016 @ 02:28 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,705 Times in 2,513 Posts

Re: Re: Carl Weathers to run for Gov. of Alabama!

Originally posted by FORD

And do you think that a Black man - even a famous boxer and alien monster killer - can be elected in Alabama?
    If you recall, Charles Barkley claimed to want to run for Gov. of 'Bama as well.

Considering he [Carl] was the lying CIA operative in Predator, that duped the team into the mission, he may feel qualified to run for public office......

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Re: Re: Re: Carl Weathers to run for Gov. of Alabama!

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
    If you recall, Charles Barkley claimed to want to run for Gov. of 'Bama as well.

Considering he [Carl] was the lying CIA operative in Predator, that duped the team into the mission, he may feel qualified to run for public office......
    Lying CIA operative that couldn't do his job correctly....that movie must have came out between '92 and 2000.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Re: Re: Re: Re: Carl Weathers to run for Gov. of Alabama!

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
    Lying CIA operative that couldn't do his job correctly....that movie must have came out between '92 and 2000.
    Yeah, because if it would have come out after that, he would have been promoted for failure just like Condi Rice was.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Leave it to you to try the "Clinton's Fault" ploy....

Where's your "Clinton killed the pope and pulled Schiavo's feeding tube" thread?

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

BTW, FORD,

Drove through Oly today on my way to PDX....

Thought of yelling "hey FORD" out of the car near OLY.

Saw the old brewery. I miss those old "it's the water" Artesian tv spots......

Maybe I'll tag "FORD Country " on the back of the Sleater-Kinney sign on I-5 on the way back Friday....

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

....there I go, off topic again....

JesterSTOOL will have a cow......

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Carl Weathers to run for Gov. of Alabama!

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
    Leave it to you to try the "Clinton's Fault" ploy....

Where's your "Clinton killed the pope and pulled Schiavo's feeding tube" thread?

Those are already going..try to keep up...I know it's hard.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

On one hand, I really feel that Carl's best angle would be to play up the Apollo Creed character...lots of American flags, taunting other countries, James Brown singing "Livin' In America", and and the cocksure attitude found in lackluster training for big fights.

On the other hand, I fear that his unabashed exploitation of cowboy Americana as seen in his fight with Ivan "The Siberian Express" Drago may drag our country down a path that we don't want to go.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by steve
    On one hand, I really feel that Carl's best angle would be to play up the Apollo Creed character...lots of American flags, taunting other countries, James Brown singing "Livin' In America", and and the cocksure attitude found in lackluster training for big fights.

On the other hand, I fear that his unabashed exploitation of cowboy Americana as seen in his fight with Ivan "The Siberian Express" Drago may drag our country down a path that we don't want to go.
    Yeah, remember how that fight ended. Probably not the best campaign strategy for him.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I HATE Ivan Drago.
    However, I do RESPECT him...given that he has a punching force of 2100 psi which is enough to kill somebody. Furthermore, his treadmill running abilities (treadmill set at 60 degrees!!) make him an optimal gubernatorial cantidate.
    Last edited by steve; 04-06-2005 at 01:48 PM.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:54 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,582 Times in 3,461 Posts

If he were in the Executive cabinet, it would have come out in 2001.

Gulf Coaster
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2010 @ 04:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks

YO, ADRIENNE!!!!!

Thread Information