Member No
    Last Online
    03-02-2020 @ 09:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 997 Posts

Ghost Encounters

Hey guys.

Some friends and I were discussing the topic of ghosts, if they exist and if any of us had come into contact with them. I had the most stories out of the group, but it got me thinking about it.

So I wanted to ask folks if they believed in ghosts/had an encounter. I'll post a few of my stories if there's any interest in this thread.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,579 Times in 3,458 Posts

I believe there is something to it. Only recently though, after hearing those creepy ass EVP's on ART BELL.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

WEBMASTER OF WEBMASTERS
    Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    06-12-2007 @ 06:40 PM
    Status
    Thanks

A Link to the Art Bell thing would be nice Nick.

I actually have a few things and stories to tell of this topic. But I don't want to waste my time. All TRUE real stories.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-30-2024 @ 11:13 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I'm holding my breath in anticipation.

SHEEP PEN Yahweh
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    01-21-2012 @ 12:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I was awakened last night b/c of strange noises from my kitchen.

When I went to investigate, I found the ghost of Terri Schiavo raiding my fridge. WTF???

WEBMASTER OF WEBMASTERS
    Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    06-12-2007 @ 06:40 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Nevermind

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I won't ridicule your stories, Jesterstar. True or not, I like hearing them. They're always fun to read/listen to. I'll even post some of my own.

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 07:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 823 Posts

i live in a flat above a funeral home/mortuary.
    the building is about 80 years old.

many visitors have seen strange things in my
    place, but i haven't.

i am, however, a believer in the spiritual realm.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

No stories yet? Fine, I'll post one, since you fuckers are too scared to divulge anything interesting on the subject.

Several years ago, before I graduated from college, I lived with my parents during the summers. They had purchased a very nice two-story house from a doctor. I have a few stories from this house.

During the summers, I stayed in the guest room of my parents house; I no longer had a bedroom there as they had bought and moved into the house when I was away at college. In any event, this room became known as 'Robert's room' and I will be honest to say I didn't like sleeping there, but I was too macho to get run out of the place (except once, but I'll post that some other time). We called it Robert's room because the first day my sister and I were there alone, my sister went into the room and heard someone whisper 'Robert' in her ear (so she says). It became our nickname for whatever was going on in that room and the house in general.

In any event, several nights a week I would wake up because I could feel the blanket being slowly pulled off the bed from the foot of the bed. At first, I didn't think anything about it; I figured I was kicking the sheet and blanket down in my sleep, would wake up cold and would pull it back up. One night, I woke up because I felt something. This time, I didn't immediately pull the blanket back up; I was looking at the clock to try to figure out what time it was. After a moment I became aware that the sheet and blanket were starting creep down my chest very, very slowly. This was disturbing, to put it mildly. I pulled the blanket back up, rolled over and tucked it under my shoulder, shut my eyes and tried to go back to sleep and not think about it.

Before anyone thinks that it was gravity, or a pet, or something, let me clarify that this is impossible. My parents had no pets of any sort, and the blanket on the bed barely hung over the edges at all; It was a queen sized bed that the sheet and blanket barely covered all the way. No edge hung over the end by more than an inch or two on any side.

Anyway, I didn't say anything to my family about it, even though I started noticing it happen several nights a week. Then, I would be woken up by sudden pressure on the behind me (I usually sleep on my side, on one side of the bed, facing the wall closer to me). I would wake up as my weight was shifted; it felt like someone was either sitting on the other side of the bed or pressing down on it. Of course, I would wake up, but the doors to the room would still be closed. I would have known if someone had entered because of the incredibly irritating creak the hinges would make.

It's not incredibly scary, but it was the beginning of the strange things at that house. A lot of other things occurred there that were very unsettling.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Jesterstar
    A Link to the Art Bell thing would be nice Nick.

I actually have a few things and stories to tell of this topic. But I don't want to waste my time. All TRUE real stories.
    I actually tried, but you need to join and pay for "streamlink."

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:50 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 486 Posts

LOVE, that's some freaky shit. I can't see I actually believe in ghosts, but stories like that absolutely fascinate me. Tell us more, bro.

Precious
    Veteran

Member No
    Last Online
    05-30-2005 @ 01:10 AM
    Status
    Thanks

the blankets being pulled off me would have freaked me the fuck out

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

I had a similar thing happen to me. In October of 1981 I was renting a room from a friend. He was a sound man and was on the road a lot, and so most of the time I was there alone with his wife. It was a REALLY large (2,000 square feet at least) frame house in an older part of town, and had been built in the 1880s.

So anyway, the room was furnished, with a bunch of old furniture and stuff.

The first night, I went to bed. After about 20 minutes or so, I felt something on the bed. It was as if someone was pressing down on the bed with one finger. It would press down in one spot, then go back up. Then the same thing would happen in another place.

I had a bedside lamp, so I turned the light on. It stopped immediately.
    So I ran experiments for awhile. Turn the light off, and wait to see what happened. Same thing would happen every time.

I found if I left the light on, nothing would happen, but I did not want to have the light on all night, so I got a green "party bulb" and found that leaving that on was enough to do the trick.

The next morning I asked my friend's wife about it, and she turned white as a sheet and refused to talk about it.

I stayed there for only a month, and every few nights I would try the same experiment. Turn the light out, and within minutes a spot on the bed would press down, then another, then another.

I moved out (I got my own apartment), and after awhile my friend got divorced and moved to another city.

In the late 90s, a band came to town and was playing at my favorite rock club, and he was running sound.

I had moved out before he got back from his road gig in 1981, so I never got the chance to ask him about it, so in the late 90s I fortunately remembered to ask him if the house was haunted.

He said "Oh YEAH".

He went on to tell me that he could not count the times he would be sitting in the back parlour on the second floor, and he would know damn well he was the only one at home, and he would hear footsteps downstairs, as well as doors slamming and other stuff.

He said the reason his ex-wife freaked out when I had mentioned it to her was that some years before I came along she had slept in that same bed, and sufffered a real life Exorcist experience where the bed was jumping up and down and shit while she was in it!

:eek:

He said she would never go in that room again.

Perhaps that contributed to her being an alcoholic. Man that month I was there she was drunk every day....

Anyway...that is the only real ghost encounter I have ever had.

I have never SEEN anything though.
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 04-08-2005 at 12:59 AM.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Dude, that is some scary shit. I'm surprised you were able to stay sleeping in that room.:eek:

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

I am not afraid of ghosts. On a spiritual level I am extremely strong, and would destroy any 'spirit' that tried to cause any physical harm.

Whatever it was, I warned it not to fuck with me, or it would be sorry.

Oh well. I have had many friends though who have had totally bizarre experiences.

Precious
    Veteran

Member No
    Last Online
    05-30-2005 @ 01:10 AM
    Status
    Thanks

My job involves converting and renovating hotels. It was my first day at a new site and I went walking through the rooms to figure out the scope of work. In one room I noticed that someone had written their initials on the wall. I didn't think much of it as we were going to be putting a knock down textured coating finish over all the walls.

Months later when all the renovations were done, I was doing the punch and came into this room again. There coming through the new finish were the initials. I called the painter in and gave him shit about it. He said that he remembered seeing the inititals and sanding the entire wall down. then he prepped it and then he put the finish up. He said there was no way that those initial could have come back. I told him he was full of shit and that he needed to fix it. He sanded down and refinished the entire wall. I checked it myself. It looked perfect.

Days later, my housekeeping inspector wrote up a maintenance request for that room. She wrote "guest wrote initials on wall. Please remove them." I saw the slip and freaked. I went into the room and there they were again. Same initials same spot. Friggin' bizarre.

Here's the scariest part...the initials were EV. I shit you not.

Boo!!!

Eye Seeee You!!!
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    03-19-2011 @ 10:30 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by ashstralia
    i live in a flat above a funeral home/mortuary.
    the building is about 80 years old.

many visitors have seen strange things in my
    place, but i haven't.

When I was 11, I saw my grand-mother die, next to me.
    Ever since, I am afraid of the deads and anything that has to do with them.
    I could never even imagine living somewhere near a funeral home or a cimetary... I would die!!!

As of ghosts, I try to ignore them because they scare the shit out of me. I just leave them alone.

Eye Seeee You!!!
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I also lost my Dad. 15 years ago and I know he is watching over me in protection, all the time....
    That, I'm definitly not scared of!
    Some spirits are good...

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

My sister and I have both had several 'ghost encounters' over the years in a few different houses. My mother and father, however, haven't. I'm of two minds on the issue; Either my sister and I are seeing/hearing/feeling things and we jump to conclusions, or there is something going on.

My thought on it is that if I were a ghost, and I wanted attention, I would probably be pretty frustrated that people didn't notice me. But if I tried to get someone's attention, and I saw a reaction, even just a glance in my direction, I'd probably focus my efforts on those individuals.

That could be the case, or I'm crazy. In any event, I'll tell another story.

After several months of living in the house, I started to notice that I thought I could see something... and I wasn't the only one. My sister started noticing it too. By this time, I had mentioned what was going on in the room and my sister (whose room was connected by a shared bathroom between the rooms) said she had similar experiences.

When I say that we saw something, that is inaccurate. It's like looking across a road in the middle of the summer; Parts of the air appear different, thinner. In this case, it was like parts of the air in the room seemed thicker, condensed in a certain spot. My sister and I both would watch it move around a room, or move into other rooms. Interestingly enough, we could see it better at night when it wasn't so bright in the house. During the day, you could see it, but it was hard to spot when it moved.

In any event, the house was two story, as I mentioned; Downstairs was a very large office with several computers in it. I would spend my time in this room during the afternoons and evenings during the week, screwing around on the internet. One afternoon, I had a friend call me. I picked up the cordless phone and started talking to her, and was walking around the office. I wandered over to the door and looked at the wall (which was a very nice shade of royal blue) while talking, and then I turned to walk back towards one of the PCs.

I took a step back as I turned, and something caught my eye; I took another step, slowing and turned to look into one of the corners of the room. I could see what seemed like a blob of condensed space (for lack of a better term) rush right through where I had just stepped. My head followed it as it raced right passed me, and it made a very tight arc, turning around without losing much speed.

Suddenly, I felt a wave of panic well up inside. The condensed space was quickly coming towards me. Very quickly. I shouted and threw the phone at it, broke into a run out of the room. Just outside the room was a staircase leading upstairs, which I ran up at 2 to 3 stairs per stride. I then ran down the hallway and out the front door a few steps before stopping. The sense of panic was gone, and my parents wanted to know what I was doing.

I eventually went back inside, and called my friend back, who wanted to know what had happened. I told them, and was teased about it a little bit.

Unrelated to this, but my sister, who went to high school with the daughters of the family we bought the house from, came home one day and told us that the girls had asked if we had anything strange happen since we moved in. My sister said yes, and they shared some stories. My sister claims that the girls told her that they called it Robert as well, which was very disturbing to hear.

That, and their Dad was a coroner, and that office I got chased out of was where he kept all his files on the bodies he had to examine.

Banned
    THE GRATEST™
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-12-2013 @ 08:42 AM
    Status
    Thanks

i had a dream

i dreamt i gave a fuck aboot this fucking thread

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 07:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 823 Posts

Originally posted by blonddgirl777
    I also lost my Dad. 15 years ago and I know he is watching over me in protection, all the time....
    That, I'm definitly not scared of!
    Some spirits are good...
    funny you should say that...
    one chick said she felt an overwhelming
    sense of peace and protection while in my bathroom!

Eye Seeee You!!!
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Unhappy

funny you should say that...
    one chick said she felt an overwhelming
    sense of peace and protection while in my bathroom!
    I don't get this statement...
    Anyway, I feel too vulnerable when it comes to talking about my beloved Dad. (who passed away).
    I shouldn't have mentioned anything...

Last edited by blonddgirl777; 04-09-2005 at 12:54 AM.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I had a ghost encounter a few months back actually...

After the loss of our beloved Cathedral, I started to see his username in threads.

It was creepy.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Again, DR., I don't really believe in ghosts. But I still find this fascinating. Describe the form you said was rushing at you. And how did you know it was rushing at you...

Scary shit.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well, like I said... it was like seeing a spot of condensed air, like the air was thicker in a particular spot. No real form, just a large area of space that looked different that the rest.

The only way I knew it was coming at me was that I perceived it to be getting in closer proximity to me, and I was the only one in the room. Given that it appeared to have just rushed through where I had been standing a moment ago, seemed to have turned and was coming in my direction, I just assumed the thing was after me.

Although to be fair, I should clarify the whole thing somewhat. It isn't actually seeing something there, like you would see a chair. It's more two-dimensional than three-dimensional.

I have a brain condition called synaesthesia; From what I know from the neurologist and from the materials I've read about it, when a fetus is developing, sometimes extra connections develop between the senses. When one sense is stimulated, the stimulation flows to the other senses. These senses then try to make sense of the stimulation, with interesting results.

If I hear a song, or someones name, I "see" a color, or I "taste" a flavor, or "feel" a tactile sensation. I'm not actually seeing or tasting, but I'm getting the distinct impression that I am. I just perceive that particular sensation, though I'm not actually experiencing it. Ever felt something in a dream, or smelled or tasted something? If so, it's sort of like that. It's also sort of like a strong memory or being incredibly reminded of something. I don't really feel a course fabric when I hear a song like, say, You Really Got Me, but I could swear I do. I don't see blue and silver if I hear Can't Get This Stuff No More, but I perceive the colors.

In any event, it's like that. My guess is that one or more of my senses is being stimulated, and I'm getting the impression I'm seeing a spot of condensed space. Anyway, when this happens, my hair stands on end and I usually get very edgey.

Sui Generis
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    12-24-2005 @ 10:04 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Dr. Love
    Hey guys.

Some friends and I were discussing the topic of ghosts, if they exist and if any of us had come into contact with them. I had the most stories out of the group, but it got me thinking about it.

So I wanted to ask folks if they believed in ghosts/had an encounter. I'll post a few of my stories if there's any interest in this thread.
    Please visit www.theshadowlands.net. this is an interesting site and has tons of encounters from people all over the world. There is also some creepy EVP, turn up your speakers and don't listen alone.

They also have a number of images and other info.

Leave the lights on...

Best,

LT

I am a Giant CUNT
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-18-2007 @ 06:45 PM
    Status
    Thanks

My husband at the time, decided to go to plumbing vo tech school. So he could get his master plumber's liscense. So he went to a small town some miles away. It was too far to drive back and forth, so he decided to rent a place. He had become friends with a man and his wife. They had two children. The man told him if he would help him get his liscense (Ed had plumbed as a journeyman for a long time) he could live free in a garage apt. they had. So they studied together and both got their master's liscense.

Their house was old and large. One day they told him that it was haunted. Because their Great Dane was growling and his hackles were raised up but you couldn't force him into a room they had. The woman said that one night she slept in there and kept waking to someone smoothing her hair back. Their son tried to sleep in there, but it was like someone was whispering to him. And that room felt ice cold all time.

So Ed being the realist he is, said, "Well, let's go under that room and check out things." They found lime and a woman's old timey button shoe leather. Seems the place had belonged to a banker at the turn of the century. They assumed that some young woman had been killed and buried with lime there; Although they found no bones. Then the family began to tell the ghost, "You are dead, go rest in peace."

I don't think she ever did, so they put the house on the market and made a good profit...just kept the ghose business quiet.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-13-2012 @ 04:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Dr. Love
    Hey guys.

I was going to post a thread about ghosts yesterday, but didn't get round to it.

ever heard of Bloody Mary?

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by LadyTudor2711
    Please visit www.theshadowlands.net. this is an interesting site and has tons of encounters from people all over the world. There is also some creepy EVP, turn up your speakers and don't listen alone.

They also have a number of images and other info.

Leave the lights on...

Best,

LT
    I can't find the EVP anywhere.

could you put a link to it?

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Bump!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I had a weird experience once....I dreamt about the Apocalypse once and I think I saw a very tall hooded thing come into my room....(that hooded thing wasn't in my dream, btw)

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

This thread makes me feel like I've seen a ghost

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:17 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,014 Times in 3,249 Posts

Blog Entries
    You mean you had a giant uncircumsized penis enter your room?

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    You mean you had a giant uncircumsized penis enter your room?
    LOL!

I dunno....it might have been my imagination...but it wasn't a uncircumsized penis....

Watch me fuck this up....
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-30-2013 @ 06:35 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Mother Fucker this just took place no more than 15 minutes ago at 1:00 pm. i'm sitting here looking up stuff on my PC when i hear a loud shriek and footsteps running across my downstairs apartment that we made into our first floor livening quarters ..kitchen dining ect. bed rooms are Up here on the 2nd floor. it sounded like a small child seeing some horrible, so i flew downstairs and went all threw the whole 1st floor...nothing there.
    we always see things like shadows and small orbs of light late at night or on tape and pictures, BUT NEVER have i heard such a sound as that. i still got goosebumps

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:17 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,014 Times in 3,249 Posts

Blog Entries
    I don't fear the dead. They are dead. I fear the living! They can make you dead!

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-09-2017 @ 06:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks

10 most real life ghost photos
    http://english.pravda.ru/photo/report/album-1042

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    I fear the living! They can make you dead!
    Real....Dead!

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Spooks don't bother me i have even went over to the one we seen (and there are several here i might add) here it just faded away. but the best one we ever got was when our friend(who is a spirit) his name is Richard would turn lights on and off right in front of us and who ever came over to visit. Richard lived in this house when we lived across the street.. poor fella was found Dead one day in the living room. he had no family and the kids would shovel his side walk and steps in the winter for him. a post man knew Richard was always home and needed to have him sign for a registered letter and when he seen the mail from the two days before still in the box he called the police.and that's how he was found. the house went on the market within days of his death. we knew the woman who was selling it. we full knowing the history of this house gave her a offer she could not refuse.

Dog Killer
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-13-2012 @ 07:32 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    this is a good thread theme...

Thread Information