The heaviest and softest Classic Van Halen song ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Lumbergh
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
    Dave sounds kinda forced in I'll Wait. I hate the synths too. One of Bill's fav's though! Manowar! Killer...
    Oh yeah, and I love mullets too. Really.

Comment

• Big Troubles
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Feb 2004

LOL
      "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Panamark
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Lots of cool responses

I was going to say

Heaviest: Light up the Sky
        Softest: Secrets..
        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• DlocRoth
          ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

I'll wait is the beginning of the end musically for VH, but I really dig Dave's vocal on that.
          Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• Big Troubles
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
            Lots of cool responses

I was going to say

Heaviest: Light up the Sky
            Softest: Secrets..
            Light up the Sky is one crazy mixed song. I mean that in the BEST way. Fast...Slow...great chorus awesome solo. I put it up there with Outta Love Again. and both are on my fav. album. II. I find VH2 to be one of the most underrated cvh albums ever. creative as a mo-fo.
            "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• vanzilla
              Veteran
              • Jul 2004

Heaviest: Panama, Sinners Swing, I'm the One

Softest: You're No Good, Women In Love, and of course Secrets
              Just because the title "moderator" is under my name doesn't mean I have to be nice to cunts like you. - DLR7884 to FPC

Vanzilla's New "Can't Get This Stuff No More" Video Coming Soon!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DlocRoth
                I'll wait is the beginning of the end musically for VH, but I really dig Dave's vocal on that.
                amen...dave tried to save it but it was cheesy anyway...and it was getting worse...

atomic punk for me is the hardest song because it sounds very raw and "unpolished"...good to hear that dave has chosen that song for the last playlists!
                Roth Army Icon
                First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• jojo2371
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Nov 2004

heavy -light up the sky
                  light-secrets

Comment

• Jano
                    Commando
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
                    Light up the Sky is one crazy mixed song. I mean that in the BEST way. Fast...Slow...great chorus awesome solo. I put it up there with Outta Love Again. and both are on my fav. album. II. I find VH2 to be one of the most underrated cvh albums ever. creative as a mo-fo.
                    Yeah ,you're right .I listened VH 2 this past few days and it's a kick ass album;Bottom up is a good song also.I think that 's one of the best Vh's album for a drummer!
                    little french dreamer hate those Van Hagar backstage party!!
                    http://deliajolie.spaces.live.com/

Comment

• RuzDNailz
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Nov 2004

Hmmmm, my opinion would be as follows;

Heavy; DOA, Unchained, Me Wise Magic because listen to how aggressive dave's vocals are. These are what I crank up with the windows down and speed above posted! *LOL*

Soft; Women In Love, Dance The Night Away, I'll Wait (but it seems too popish and that was a foreshadow of what we were about to be subjected to via Spammy McGee)

Water down the hatch!

Comment

• buckshotjenkins
                        Roadie
                        • Jan 2005

soft don't mean bad so...

HEAVY: dirty movies, romeo delight, house of pain, on fire...MANY cvh songs have moments of heaviness and sinister riffs...girl gone bad, mean street...

SOFT: big bad bill (no distortion whatsoever and a clarinet!), dance the night away, could this be magic (the bomb)...

...and the heaviest of the spammy shit ranks WAY DOWN below ALL CVH!!! as for the softest of it, john tesh or michael bolton wouldn't play it!

Comment

• Grant
                          Sniper
                          • Feb 2005

Heaviest - Mean Street

Softest - Secrets

Comment

• Big Troubles
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Jano
                            Yeah ,you're right .I listened VH 2 this past few days and it's a kick ass album;Bottom up is a good song also.I think that 's one of the best Vh's album for a drummer!
                            crazy drum work on this album. In fact Id say that this album has the best Alex drum work on all the VH albums. IMO.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Nothing New Here...

Heaviest...Until just now...I was going to say I'm the One...but am switching over to On Fire...

Softest...Secrets...
                              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Casemeister
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Feb 2004

I can't believe more people haven't said DOA for heaviest. That song positively RAWKS! Pure headbanging, kick ass Van freakin' Halen!
                                Waylon Jennings: 1937-2002. RIP, Hoss!

Comment

Working...