What DLR should do!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EAST COAST

i went to a steve vai instrumental show at a club called the strand in providence r.i. in the middle ninetys, 96 or 95 i think. and got a backstage pass. i was able to ask him a question and get an autograph. i asked him if dave was hard to work with, he said YEP, with a smile, then he said to me we never should have broken up. if that band stayed together we would be selling out the taj majal... and that is a quote..

Comment

• lesfunk
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by vanhalendlrband
      Not that there is anything wrong with the new band. But lets face it an EEAS reunion is the next best thing to a Van Halen
      The closest thing I saw to Van Halen was in Camden NJ and Hartford CT in 2002.
      http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Calderone
        Commando
        • Jan 2004

that show kicked ass
        RAY LUZIER is the best drummer ever !

Comment

• Gmoney

An EEAS reunion would kick ass.

What are Steve Vai and Billy Sheehan doing these days??

Comment

• Dave IS VH

Dave can get back with EEAS Band or contine doing what he is doing but nothing is going to sell at less it's an VH reuion thats the only way he is going to get the big album sells and get back playing in the big venus I loved Dave's new album and also think his current tours and stage preformince kicks ass. but the General public dosn't think so of course we live in the Fucked up times where the music world is being run by boy bands pop stars, rappers and pop/hip hop that also has somthing to do with it

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Dave doesn't have to do anything in response to a Van Hagar reunion. If Sam Halen wants to get back together, whatever....hard to think of four people who deserve each other more than the Sam Halen lineup.

What Ed, Al and Mike SHOULD be doing is putting the classic lineup back together with Dave.

The Eat 'Em band were ok on record, but were abysmal live. Yeah, yeah, Billy is a great bass player, and Steve Vai is talented, but the instrumental end of that band live amounted to a technically talented guitarist and bassist throwing out flash for the sake of flash. Great for the time, but boring now.

Even Ed used to know when to lay back for the sake of the song.

Dave's new band is rock solid. Best thing Dave can do if Sam, Ed and the rest want to flounder is for Roth to just keep touring and being Dave. Although it's unlikely, I still think eventually Ed and Co. might pull their heads out of their asses long enough to realize the classic lineup was the best.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Calderone
                Commando
                • Jan 2004

terry stole my thoughts

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

sometimes I feel sooooo tired about all these endless discussions moving in circles...just sometimes...but better than another hair-thread anyway...
                  Roth Army Icon
                  First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

Working...