Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should CVH Tour with if they do get back together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who should CVH Tour with if they do get back together?

Curious to see who you people think CVH should tour with if they get back together. Maybe Velvet Revolver, Lenny Kravitz, AC/DC, Aerosmith...Hell maybe even Weezer!?!? I think they are fans of Van Halen's older stuff.

Have Velvet Revolver or The Darkness open.

Mezro...now that would be a good fucking show...
    Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

When Van Halen reunite, Dave will pick the opening act,

and it will be an act we have never heard of.

Comment

queens of the stone age

Comment

Originally posted by guitarboy5150
          queens of the stone age
          I bet they'd sign on in a split-second, Weezer as well.

I think a cool newer act would be a nice fit...way better than turning it into a beaten-to-death revival fest.

Hoobastank opened for Dave at Music Midtown here a few years back, and that kid just gushed about who was on next...at the end of their set he was like, "Can you believe it??!! David Lee Roth is fucking next!!!"

He meant it.

Comment

Holy deja-vu BATMAN!

Comment

The opening act should be the Atomic Punks

Comment

Hey now...if they wanna do it right they need to have a reunion of one of the suckass bands that opened for them back in the day...L.A.'s G-Force, or The Scream, so we can have someobdy to boo off the stage before The Mighty Van Halen blasts forth from on high....

Last edited by Hardrock69; 04-24-2005, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Maybe they can convince Autograph to get back together and open for them...

Seriously though, I'd want 2 1/2 hours live from a reunited Van Halen. If they toured with Aerosmith, AC/DC, etc., then each band would end up playing 1 hour 45 min or something like that. It'd be too much like the Sam and Dave thing. Dual headliners would cut into CVH's set time.

Maybe the Foo Fighters. Dave G has a healthy respect for classic bands like VH. He'd be cool enough to abbreviate his set to an hour if it'd allow CVH to play longer.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Originally posted by rothdaddy
                    Curious to see who you people think CVH should tour with if they get back together. Maybe Velvet Revolver, Lenny Kravitz, AC/DC, Aerosmith...Hell maybe even Weezer!?!? I think they are fans of Van Halen's older stuff.
                    Guns N' Roses opens then...........

Van Halen blows the audience away!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                      Holy deja-vu BATMAN!

*Note to self*
                      You've beat the Hoobastank reference to fucking death.

The LAST time I saw Dave here, Kim Wilson's harmonica-driven solo blues act opened in a torrential fucking downpour. We talked to Lomenzo and Luzier for a minute on the way to the floating concession stand before the show and they seemed really stoned. I think Wilson said something like, "Thank you Atlanta! David Lee Roth is up next....Good Luck!" after he finished his set, 'cause all that was missing was a tornado.

Comment

Ya know, theoretically it would not matter. Van Halen could have a reunited Led Zep open for them and Van Halen would still blow them away....that is, if they were in shape, and could find their way out of a bottle....I know Dave would be up to the task at hand.

Comment

Velvet Revolver, the Darkness, JET, Audioslave.

As long as they dont pick Beck cuz the last time they got involved with that guy (MTV Awards) look what happened.

Comment

The answer is nobody. Van Halen has a large enough catalogue of music with Dave to make it into a real event! Do something along the lines that RUSH have been doing these past few years and play for and hour and half, take a thirty minute break, come back and rock everybody's asses off for another hour and a half! Now, THAT, would be a real classic Van Halen reunion! Give everybody there money's worth and walk away happy as a clam! $0.02

I wouldn't want to see any opener

Comment

Originally posted by CROWBAR
                              The answer is nobody. Van Halen has a large enough catalogue of music with Dave to make it into a real event! Do something along the lines that RUSH have been doing these past few years and play for and hour and half, take a thirty minute break, come back and rock everybody's asses off for another hour and a half! Now, THAT, would be a real classic Van Halen reunion! Give everybody there money's worth and walk away happy as a clam! $0.02

I wouldn't want to see any opener

Ditto! The RUSH idea is perfect!!

Comment

Working...
                              X