Who should CVH Tour with if they do get back together?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buckshotjenkins
    Roadie
    • Jan 2005

rush idea? no offense, but fuck that! besides joining up with festivals like the h.o.r.d.e tour early on, phish did the "rush idea" since the early 90's at least! play for an hour and fifteen, take a half hour break (they always said "we've see ya in 15 minutes"-probly as a joke) then the second set with encore would be about 80-90 minutes. not that i love phish much, but they did a lot of things right-different sets every night, the ability go take risks and follow each other when a cool improvised idea came up without worrying if they got back to the main song, and a huge grassroots following well before they got signed...and they got signed because elektra knew they already had a built in audience. word of mouth CRUSHES media hype and promotion!

in fact, to respect the bands before them, many bands didn't use openers. a band as big as VH simply doesn't need 'em! then you can tell who's there to see you and you alone.

CVH happens to be the best band ever, but i like a wide variety of setlists and musical surprises, and knowing that some songs can be put it or taken out at a moments notice. when you got the songs down pat you can play around with them...CVH did that, and IF they come back they fuckin better do it even more! and NO MORE INDIVIDUAL SOLOS!

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

The Darkness would be fun.

The Kings of Leon would make them work.

The Datsuns would get more national exposure.

The Yeah Yeah Yeah's would get boo'd off of the stage.

Velvet Revolver...Love to see two living guitar gods at one venue shred it up, but its not going to happen.

Jet...just not rocking enough.

The Donnas.....Hell yeah! Even Alex could get a date!
      http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
      http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• MK5150
        Groupie
        • Nov 2004

Iron Maiden
        "It's very simply the best guitar you can buy today" EVH on Kramer guitars

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Totally agree that I'd love to see CVH live doing 3 hours+, but have doubts that Ed and Al could get it up long enough, not without some really long, boring bass solos from MA (as if there's any other kind) to give them a breather, or the standard drum, bass and overlong guitar concert solos...and I just don't give a shit if I ever see Anthony or AVH do a solo anyway.

I'd rather get 2 1/2 hours straight from CVH, chock-full of tunes and NO BASS OR DRUM solos. EVH gets 5 minutes unaccompanied mid-concert. That way, if he's gonna go out there and wank, 5 minutes will be more tolerable than 15-20.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• SammySucks1984
            Head Fluffer
            • Feb 2005

they should have hole open up for them haha
            Why do women need driver's Licenses? there aren't many roads between the bedroom and the kitchen.

Comment

• CROWBAR
              Commando
              • Sep 2004

I totally agree with ya Terry, I'd rather not EVER hear a Mikey or Alice solo again! Buckshot, I didn't mean to sound like turn their show into a long extended jam session, if that's what you thought. RUSH didn't do long solos, just kept 'em short and sweet!

It would even be kinda cool to see them do a couple of sit down accoustic songs off of WACF, Zep style!

If this reunion ever comes to be, don't you think the real fans that have been denied for twenty yrs. or so, give or take, deserve the full treatment and not waste time with an opener? Not at todays ticket prices! Who wants to sit thru a half assed mediocre opening act? Not this cat.

Comment

• Unchainme
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2005

I wish It was like Aerosmith's 1979 tour.
                Cheap Trick
                AC/DC
                Aerosmith
                Ted Nugent would make an AWESOME TOUR! I would Add Velvet Revovler and this would possibly be one of the Greatest Traveling Rock Festivals ever. Oh, and a certain Red Rocker is not invited.

Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• rothdaddy
                  Groupie
                  • Sep 2004

I don't know if The Nuge would tour without Sammy, they are good friends. Aerosmith still has some gas in the tank, I've seen them 5 times in concert and they are still a top band to see.

Comment

• rikredbrain
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jan 2004

i reckon the 5,6,7,8s......................

Comment

Working...