Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Scatologist
    Sniper
    • Jan 2005

naw, he just gave one of the back-ups to a hard rock Cafe. He's made like a bunch of back-up striped Kramers in the 5150 style.
    The name Sammy Hagar conjures up a variety of emotions from music fans--from hate to contempt, from disgust to revulsion.

-TheSmokingGun.com

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Yeah, I've seen a picture of Eddies guitar nook under the stage in the 5150 era. There's sevral of those striped Kramers on a guitar rack as backups and Sammy's ugly as shit yellow Kramer Striker.

Isn't that black and yellow Charvel Ed played on the VHII tour in Paul Allen's museum in Seattle?
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• The Scatologist
        Sniper
        • Jan 2005

Nope, believe it or not, Ed buried it with Dimebag.

So It's resting with Dimebag atm.
        The name Sammy Hagar conjures up a variety of emotions from music fans--from hate to contempt, from disgust to revulsion.

-TheSmokingGun.com

Comment

• GAR
          Banned
          • Jan 2004

I'd like pics of that particular "burial" before accepting it as the truth.

Comment

• GAR
            Banned
            • Jan 2004

- I mean, pics of the guitar or the bridge area of the guitar.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

From what I hear Zakk Wylde wanted to bury Ed along with Dime. Shit, Ed probably just brought one of those shitty Charvel Art Guitars.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• akc5150
                Roth Army Recruit
                • May 2005

There is a pic of the room above Ed's garage where he used to store all his axes and there is a stack of 5150 'type' bodies under a couple of speakers! As far as I know, there was only ever 1 guitar that had the '5150' number on it. there were plenty of other guitars that looked very similar, but without the number on them. My main problem with people thinking that there was more than one is that if you look at pictures in chronological order, the wear progresses. I can't imagine that even Ed would have someone there to add any additional scratches or dings to any/all the replicas he is supposed to have had. As for the VH2 (Bumblebee) guitar, how can you class any of his guitars as being the 'original'? The Bee had many different necks, pickups and trems on it.....so maybe he did bury the original body with dimebag, but does that make it the 'original' guitar??
                So long....and thanks for all the fish!!

Comment

• Eyes of the Night
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2004

Re: 5150 Mods

Originally posted by Don Corleone
                  I don't know if anyone has tried this on a 5150 (Eyes might have though), but 3 of the 4 6L6 tube sockets on that thing will take EL34's (Ed's old tube).
                  Lmmfao! ...

Nah man, all I did was change or switched up to Groovetubes ... the dude technician for Pearl Jam back in the day did it ... he was a cool man with great stories ...

I wanted beef ... not Halenish ...
                  Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags ...

Comment

Working...